[All Main Servers Suggestion] Auction House

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NossaFlossa, Mar 13, 2024.

1. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    In Game Name:
    NossaFlossa
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Auction House
    What are you suggesting:
    Add auction house to ECC
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I swear we used to have it. Mandela effect?????
    It's just a nice addition for those who want to sell something and not spam trade ads every 5 minutes.
    Other information:
    Maybe add /ah access with 3 slots for residents or higher
    Plugin or custom addition:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/auctionhouse.61836/
    I don't know if it's compatible with our setup. No clue how this stuff works.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395
    How would adding this prevent “spam”, though?

There is already a system in place to prevent trade ads from being sent too frequently. Also, users can leave trade chat or use /ignore. This is not even mentioning that trade chat would continue to be used for services or buying items at ChestShops.

An issue I could easily see arising is users spamming “/ah” every few minutes just to call attention to an item they’ve posted that isn’t selling.

I’m curious to know as well if an auctionhouse system would be compatible with certain lored / boosted items.

The system in place is fine, IMO, and a whole new system to stand alongside it is a bit redundant. If anything, maybe a tweak or two to the way trade chat functions would suffice. It seems in the suggestion as though trade chat is the issue at hand, anyway.

3. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    My wording could have been better. What I meant to say is it would be nice for people like me who don't want to put trade ads up frequently. I have a magic pick I can put up and not have to worry. Just leave it up there and hope people see it for themselves on /ah.

4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1

I like the idea of Auction House. You can post items into it and they are available for all to see whether the seller is online or not. The current auction system can stay as well, but let us also have Auction House. This expands the player market and allows us to trade amongst each other more.

5. creepcreepcreep

creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    +1 if it offers buy it now pricing.
    This would be great for lots of reasons.
    It bridges the gap between people playing at different peak times or from different time zones. Both parties don't have to be present for the transaction. Players could get higher/more fair prices for their items.
    /ah is way simpler and faster to navigate than looking up something on shopdb and then trying to find the chest at the persons warp (i don't have tpc)
    chat spam-wise you could still only advertise in /ch tr at the current limits. item spam-wise the market would manage itself. Things priced too high shouldn't sell and it wastes one of the few listings the seller can make.

6. Supersize

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +17
    +1
    I agree with Creep, this allows many more people to bid on an item across time zones instead of the few people that are online and paying attention during a typical /auction.
    I could see this being good for selling less commonly sold items like magic mob eggs or lored holiday items.
    This could put a spark in the player to player market.

7. dred73

dred73 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +80
    Absolute +1 Without naming names, I play on another MC server that has the Auction House plugin and it's great because you can put an item up for auction and if nobody buys it, it doesn't get returned to your inventory after 30 seconds like our current system. it just sits for 48 hours so others can check it out and buy it at their leisure and stops the seller from having to spam trade ads or multiple auctions, etc...
    This will be especially helpful, with how much our online player pool has died. I rarely even see auctions being posted considering its usually like 9 to 12 of us online only at any given time.

8. taddortot

taddortot Staff Member
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +32
    +1 can give more accessibility to items with higher values like magic/star tools to newer players/players not online during peak. My only concern is abuse/posts of items with unreasonable prices. Could also be a good way of getting some money moving by server posting one of a kind items for those with a high balance. More end game type stuff.

9. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    i dont see how people listing items for unreasonable prices would be a concern. If I had to assume, we will all be able to list like 1-5 items at once. If someone decides to list stupid things then its just gonna sit there. If someone decides to buy it then fine they decide to buy it. Just like if i were to made trade shop signs in my market shop for ridiculous prices.

10. Alarah

Alarah ECC's Newest Sponsor!
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $19,999,999
    Ratings:
    +334
    I could see this being useful, however I would have a few questions about it first.

1. What would the length of auction be?
    2. Is it really an auction house, or more of a GUI based shop with more limited slots?
    3. How many slots per rank? (I like the idea of limiting this based on rank, or maybe flat 3 slots, with an increase via donation feature per added slot)
    4. Isn't this kind of what the shopdb site does?

I feel it's like an "online shopping" method (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), as opposed to the "block and mortar" option we currently have with all the /warps and shops.

I DO feel this would be a *MUCH* easier way to sell certain items that are awkward in signs, such as Magic Items, and spawners. Could this auction method be limited to those types of items? or start out as "magic only" to see how it goes?

Overall opinion: I think if done correctly, this could be beneficial, however I don't think it would need to completely replace the current auction system. This would make it easier for players to both buy and sell certain items, such as Magic Tools/Items, as they would be able to effectively sell to players who are not online at the time, as well.

11. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $4,850,049
    Ratings:
    +495
    +1 I agree. It’s currently difficult to sell lored items due to having to look up item codes via /iteminfo, and this could create a new market for many items that before people didn’t bother selling