Under Review [All Main Servers Suggestion] Changes to Trade-Shop Activity Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BobbyBlack, Jan 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    In Game Name:
    Bobbyblack
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Changes to Trade-Shop Activity Rules
    What are you suggesting:
    I would like to see changes made to the trade-shop activity rules that will actually keep trade-shops active. Whether that be the ones I suggest or not. Something should change because the current rules are easily evadable as explained later on in the suggestion.

My personal suggestions are:
    1. Looking at the player's overall activity on the server. (Are they only online to renew their shop?)

2. Whether their shop is actually being touched and maintained. (Do they actually restock chests that are empty? Are they changing prices/updating their shop ever?

Overall it is pretty easy to tell which shops are actually used/maintained and something should be done about the shops that are just sitting there not actually being used. I understand that shops hold a value to them and that is why we hold onto them when inactive, but I think the importance of these trade-shops is to keep them active as there are only 11 of them.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Right now the current trade-shop rules are as follows:
    * Must constantly have a minimum of 10 well stocked chests of unique items in your store.
    * Must restock empty chests within 72 hours, or remove them.

This means all I've got to do in order to be considered active is make my chestshops Sell AND Buy things in order to evade the restocking rule. My chestshop can be empty, but as long as I am also buying the item, it doesn't matter.

As for the minimum of 10 well stocked chest rule, all I have to do is then stock 10 random chests with things no1 will buy out like furnaces, golden apples, crafting tables, looms, smithing tables, furnaces, etc.

This change will hopefully keep the trade-shops active and if a user goes inactive, the trade-shop will go into the hands of someone else who will make it active.
    Other information:
    Overall, there are only 11 trade-shops. Keep them active. If you don't want to have to deal with rules that have to do with activity, then simply setup a town and warp.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    +1, I went to go buy items from a shop and the person was offline for 13 days, we need reform.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Ive thought about this for a bit since reading it, and tbh im sitting at a -1 for the following reasons (and potential solutions that would shift to a +1)
    1. Time- this is a fairly large commitment of staff’s time to constantly monitor shop stock levels and how often its getting refilled. Do we define inactive as 2 weeks without action? What if its getting filled on Mondays, and sold out by staff check on Sundays?
    Solution: Automated logs of shop owner activity, may not be worth it but this reduces effort
    2- other shops- some of the current shop owners have more shops that have more space and items for sale. A user can be active and stock the shelves, but if theyre buying/selling and advertising their warps to their towns instead of their market stalls. More often than not, i see those users advertise their shop towns more often than their markets.
    Solution: there really isnt one, making it illegal for shop owners to have their own market doesn’t make sense. They clear your definition of “active” either way.
    3- Definition of “active”
    I think you go at it a but, keeping shelves restocked and logging in don’t equate to improving market traffic. An active market needs its shop owners to advertise the market, make it have the best prices, sell unique things, advertise, etc. It’s much more than chest restocking. Otherwise, what makes the market better than a shop warp? A builder isnt inherently going to go to /warp market anymore when they see /warp everything or /warp spawner or /warp ikea being advertised.
    Solution: tbh this probably goes beyond the scope of just defining “active” more specifically, not sure what a viable solution to this is

4. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    There should be an inactivity window,
    As the one of the people doing market checks I wouldnt mind keeping track of shop activity , I can already see csn history and have log block so it wouldn't be too complicated to keep an eye on that department.

The market should be one of the main go tos for new joining players who need to get their hands on essentials (in my opinion)

At the moment we have a bit of a scenario with station2 where nothing has been restocked since last year, the owner is inactive and only logs in to extend the station time, it's almost completely empty but due to the chestshops having a sell option it's bypasses the rule regarding chestshops being stocked.

I agree that we should rewrite the market rules
    Just because a shop has a sell sign aswell as a buy sign but sits empty for months just to stay within the minimum chestshop requirements isn't fair. If you cannot be bothered to run your station anymore , you should give it up, again in my opinion.

Anyways
    -Coow

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    It's unfair for players to have ownership of a station and only come online once or twice monthly to maintain the station. An inactivity window is necessary to keep the market engaging for players. Not sure what the window would be, but more than a week of inactivity without notice seems like an appropriate reason to lose ownership of a station.

#5 LimeLush, Jan 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  6. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395
    +1.

In my opinion, the same rules should be followed as with LWC and ChestShop removal requests. If after one week a user is inactive, then a town owner can file a request to remove these locks. If a shop owner is inactive after one week, then allow admins to remove their shop from the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. tanger91

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +73
    +1 I agree with something must be done to the rules to keep trade shops active in warp market.
    I think maybe give a "number" of buy/sell per # of weeks ordered at these market shops.
    For example
    1 week you must have atleast 4 buy/sell at your trade shop for the week
    2 weeks you must have atleast 7 buy/sell at your trade shop for the 2 weeks
    3 weeks you must have atleast 13 buy/sell at your trade shop for the 3 weeks
    4 weeks you must have atleast 19 buy/sell at your trade shop for the 4 weeks
    *You can scale the numbers however you like but this is just an example.

Or a quota for the movement of ECD / Item Movement in these "trade shops" in regards to online members.

I also think one should define "active" I could be online and not fill my shop but have buy/sell chest signs too.

#7 tanger91, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  8. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    If I had a spawn shop, I would just put useless garbage that I can get from /kit starter for buy/sell so I can fulfill the quota.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @ClarinetPhoenix will look over this throughout the next few days and make a decision on how to proceed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.