Apology to EcoCityCraft. ~ blowtube123

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brandbauer, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    Really sad to hear what happened as I have expected better from you. Despite what happened, apology accepted.

2. voiD_yO

voiD_yO Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +180
    Despite the fact you used some of Pibbert's design, after looking at the schematics, it is evident that still a large proportion was done by yourself. The whole 'He copied it' is untrue if you look at the schematics, but alas no credit was given therefore it worsens the situation.

Nonetheless, apology accepted :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. The_Tailor

The_Tailor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +226

Lmao, speak for your self, i dont need someone to speak for me. Sorry but im not a softy like most of you.

#63 The_Tailor, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  4. dante123113

dante123113 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +26
    That is what I said from the day after he for banned

5. LaBelleDame

LaBelleDame Builder

Ratings:
    +15
    Plagiarism is a pretty serious business these days irl, it will likely cost you your career.

Fortunately this is just a game and you get a second chance to prove yourself.

Actually I admire your bravery, I would have stayed gone myself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Apology accepted,
    I didnt post on the topic before becaue for one half the people in here turned into bloodthirsty zombies and because it was none o my buisness, andrew made the correct decision and punishment and i accept the actions that have been taken since.

I hope you learn from this as i know andrew wont give you another slip up, major or not.

7. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    Im a buff tough person like you :3

8. Jess_T_Jericho

Jess_T_Jericho Builder

Ratings:
    +317
    It's just another spawn with lag right? but you put time into making this thing so i say ur off the hook

9. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    Mendiboi didn't lump anyone into his opinion there. He simply asked for an apology from the community for devolving into "blood-thirsty cannibals bent on revenge". I too feel that the majority of our community here overreacted to the situation, and simply adopted the mob mentality when Andrew made it public. You were part of this mob, and a quick search of your posts in the "Blowtube Cheated" thread shows that. I also feel that you are so active on this issue because you were disqualified for using another persons work as well. So unless you have something legitimate to contribute to this thread, just stop posting. Oh, and you're just as soft as anyone else.

10. Nabren

Nabren Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I think the fact you were willing to apologize and be able to see where the community was coming from definitely proves you are worthy of a second chance!

Let's not forget that this is a game and intended for fun. Lessons were learned and nothing good can come from dragging this out any longer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. kalvb123

kalvb123 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +213
    Hey Blowtube! I am really happy to see that you have done this! I would like to Accept this apology, and welcome you back to the Ecocitycraft Environment! I will always be glad to see you come back! <3

12. Jorgy411

Jorgy411 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    This is crap. There are similarities between pibbert's design and blowtubes, but when people are saying he "plagiarized" this spawn build off pibbert, it just non-sense. Blowtube might have got ideas or inspiration off pibberts build, but it does not look anything like it. He shouldn't have to apologize about this, and to those people that now despise him for it, are all hypocrites. Thats like saying pibbert has a copyright on his design, when in fact he has it published for everyone to use on the net. This alone makes it acceptable to copy IF HE WERE TO LITERALLY copy 100% of his design. But thats not what he did now is it? No.

Give this guy a break, he did nothing wrong by using pibberts design as inspiration. And if I had done the same thing with my design, I would NOT be apologizing to anyone because of this reason. His design isnt plagiarism. Thats the argument here.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    blowtube123

Greetings,

First, I just want to say that on a personal note I am accepting the apology. But with that said, I have to say it is because I am giving you the benefit of my doubt. I'll explain:

I was astounded by the design. I am a horrible architect. I have great ideas in my head, and they turn into little stone block houses when put into practice. Your spawn build was beautiful and crisp and elegant. It was the choice I would have chosen. You did an amazing job.

When I heard you had cheated, I felt like the air was taken out of me. How could someone do that to our community? It felt like you were "using" everyone and thought you could pull one past us. I put you on a 'tiny' pedestal when I saw your building prowess. Maybe I took it personal, but in short, I felt betrayed when I herd you had copied your spawn.

Now this apology. Reading it, I now am unsure. You admit you took 'inspiration' from many places. And I can see that by doing so you might not think to 'give credit'. I do not think it was 'with foresight and malice' that you chose to not credit someone. From reading you apology, it sounds like it just never crossed your mind to do so. Then I read "I did in fact recreate the first floor to the best extent I could with this one picture". This is not inspiration. This is copying. There is a difference in 1) seeing a design and then doing a similiar design, and 2) seeing a design and trying to rebuild it block for block. It is hard to think that you thought this was OK.

Since I am torn, I honestly have to hope that it was unintentional. I want to think that if you knew what you were doing, you would have given credit. I think you have learned the difference and who am I to discredit the fact that you, obviously, spent countless hours putting your heart into it.

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and now that the truth has come out and you are agreeable to your punishment, I am willing to move on. Forgiven, but not forgotten.

Adieu.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. SnDxCH4RG3R

SnDxCH4RG3R |Technical Tycoon|

Ratings:
    +899
    Sad to see that this has happened but glad you are able to fess up to it and admit your faults.
    Thank your for telling the truth and, although you did copy it, thank you for building our spawn.
    On your part, I wish you could talk with andrewkm and to Pibbert about what you did and then once you get this cleared up with Andrew and Pibbert I Am able to forgive you.

15. williamannin

williamannin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +263
    blowtube123

I must first affirm that plagiarism is definitely no laughing matter and usually has much more severe consequences.
    However, you have been a good player and this is your first time screwing up, so I definitely forgive you for this action.
    We all make mistakes, but the important thing is to learn from them.
    I have read through all the posts on this thread and noted how many people have forgiven you. However, please do not make a mistake like this again or it could cause plenty of problems down the line.

Regardless, welcome back, and I look forward to seeing you in 12 days!

As an additional note, I am glad that you had the courage and integrity to own up to your actions instead of denying everything. I know you did not mean to do this, and this apology will tie up loose ends. I accept your apology and I hope that others will do so as well. After all, instead of becoming these "bloodthirsty zombies looking for revenge", we need to be able to give others a second chance.

#75 williamannin, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  16. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder

Ratings:
    +337
    No.

If it wasnt for the constant bragging and you still refusing to say that you copied around 60% of his spawn, i would have accepted the apology. But thats just me, i still welcome you back though.

#76 vengfulbacon, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  17. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    You are what is wrong with the world
    This mentality is exactly what BT bought into and is exactly what got his ass roasted

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. The_Tailor

The_Tailor Builder

Ratings:
    +226
    I 100% agree with you.

19. kevin24068

kevin24068 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +113
    What he did was not right and he should get some sort of punishment but I think a perma ban is too harsh, this is just a game and I think some of us are taking it way too serious.

#79 kevin24068, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  20. JBuks

JBuks Tycoon

Ratings:
    +507
    He wasn't perma banned though...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.