Apology to EcoCityCraft. ~ blowtube123

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brandbauer, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin24068

kevin24068 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +113
    I was quoting chocolatecheese who wanted him to be perma banned.

2. JBuks

JBuks Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +507
    Sorry got confused there, I thought you were implying that he was perma banned and that you disagreed with the ruling.

3. chocolatecheese1

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +334
    Like I've said a million+ times in other threads, permabans aren't harsh, and if you think they are, you have a very distorted sense of reality. You're life shouldn't revolve around Minecraft. I've seen a few kids who put Minecraft or other video games as their top priority, and you would (or should) be disgusted by them (I don't attack them for it like others, I just think to myself 1) What the hell are the parents doing (or not doing), and 2) Do these kids have approximately 0 self-control?)

4. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    When comparing the punishments you can receive in-game, to the ones you can receive in real life you are correct that it is not really harsh. However, when looking at the punishments you can receive from this server, a perma-ban is the harshest one. Also, who are you to judge someone's lifestyle?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Sputnick587

Sputnick587 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +276
    This.

6. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    I don't get how people "got wind taken out of them" when they saw he "cheated". First of all I only think that each of the other spawn builders should have been gotten extra money from his 1 million. But the rest of the community shouldn't be so harmed.

7. iorbit

iorbit Builder

Ratings:
    +187
    How should the community not be harmed? For the rest of the people (Non-competitores) who wanted to see other builds at spawn, other winners, etc. They didn't get what they wanted and some people think (Which is true) that the spawn that they perferred could have gone up a level of prizes or even won (#2). Thats why people, the community is rightfully worried. Not to mention the fact, that no one likes to go to the main thing of every server (Spawn) and see disgrace. It'll represent a day that no one liked.

As for myself, I wasn't cheering for any build, I honestly don't care, however, it sliglthy irritates me that every single time I go to spawn I will have to look at it and remember of a bad day. I'm also sad for other spawn builders, ones that did everything from scratch who could of won more, or even taken it all. It saddens me that these kind of things have to happen.

Now, this is my first post on this thread I'm pretty sure, and blowtube123 don't think I have something against you, because I don't. Truly, at the bottom line, I don't care (Which is something I see myself often saying) and I shall welcome you to the community once your ban is over in a respectful manner, which I am hoping for everyone else to do the same. It's sad that what happened was the case, but we can move on as a wonderful community that has stood up in top level for over three years now.

#87 iorbit, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  8. Nelsin

Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    I never remember a bad day. Just a day that was misunderstood

9. Nicodemux

Nicodemux Builder

Ratings:
    +384
    Whatever Andrew and staff feels is appropriate, that's what should happen. They have a consistent track record of handling issues with great wisdom and fairness.

As for the community's reaction, it's upsetting when builds are "assembled" from other sources rather than truly designed and created from scratch. It causes people to question why we even bother to play the game or participate in competitions. I think people would rather not have their beliefs shaken like that.

*poof* (Nico disappears)

10. skittlesbanana

skittlesbanana Builder

Ratings:
    +55
    I don't think this is fair to thomasku11, the second place winner.

11. TheN00BISHPanda

TheN00BISHPanda Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +622
    How about you start laying off people dork. Your just the biggest jerk on the server and you go out of your way to insult others and I find that pretty pathetic. I've seen so many complaints against you and I agree with all of them. He was trying to give Blowtube remorse and telling him what he does and you saying that he is what is wrong with the world was just not okay. And I bet you have done that once or twice. It is just not right. Not right at all. And blowtube123, I forgive you.

By the way, your are whats is wrong with the world.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #91 TheN00BISHPanda, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  12. Mineo_2000

Mineo_2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
  13. voiD_yO

voiD_yO Builder

Ratings:
    +180

Please don't tag andrewkm unnecessarily.

14. Mineo_2000

Mineo_2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    but void yo it is so that he can handle it

15. chocolatecheese1

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +334
    I can judge someone's lifestyle all I want. I don't bully them like others do, as that's taking it too far. I've even apologized to a few people here when I knew I had taken it too far (not naming names). You assume all judgements are a bad thing, which they aren't. People judge others all the time. It's a simple fact.

16. Gernen

Gernen Prime Minister
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,113
    Your actions did not affect me, so the only thing I can say is sorry to the other applicants for their loss of bigger prize and congratulate you about the part of spawn you actually made.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  17. JBuks

JBuks Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +507
    Lawyered

18. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    People may judge other people, this does not mean that they ought to do so. Judgment requires that there is an objective standard that can be used to generate the judgment. In this case, there does not exist an objective standard that can be used to judge lifestyle! I can't declare one lifestyle lesser than another due to the fact that I can't know the best possible one. I can assert biological standards, like evolutionary theory, but these are unsatisfying when discerning the meaning of life. Surely the meaning of human life is more than just reproduction and the passing of one's genetic information onto his or her progeny. So if it is more complex, what of it?

chocolatecheese1

#lawyered

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #98 _Mendiboi, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  19. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    As I have taken a break from ECC, I feel I can take a different view on this. My team and I entered the spawn competition and we put around 70 hours combined into our build. We all wanted to win, and we thought we had a chance at winning. When blowtube won we were disappointed but not disheartened. Blowtube's build is amazing, as were many of the other builds.

Yes, blowtube "copied" it or took "inspiration" but however you word it one fact still remains. blowtube did not give credit where credit was due until now, and from what I see, if he had given credit none of this would have happened.

He has realised his mistakes and apologised, yet people are still up in arms and angry. If I and others who spent hours on our builds can forgive him, I see no reason why others cannot. Yes you may be reminded of this event every time you do /spawn, however you can remember it in one of two ways. Either spawn can represent deception, hatred and in my eyes on of ECC's darkest hours or it can be a sign of the great community we have, the fact that we are able to forgive others and welcome them back. We are able to not dwell on the past but look forward to the future.

I forgive blowtube and I think others should to. Anyone giving blowtube a hard time should think about the mistakes they have had in their life and just think how it would feel to be publically shamed in front of your friends, perhaps your entire school, or amongst your work colleagues or whatever it is.

In all honesty go stuff your snide remarks and degrading comments and go vent your anger elsewhere. ECC doesn't need this, neither does blowtube and nor does andrewkm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. miner1975

miner1975 є¢σмαѕтєя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +450
    I dont really accept ur apology from the way you bragged on yourself. If you had been honest in the first place, and definitely not bragged like that, i would fell better about this. BUT, the past is the past. I think you should be on ECC again, but don't do anything like this again. This is ridiculous

#100 miner1975, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.