Awesome Ocean Build Plan Seeking an Ocean Town!

Discussion in 'Classifieds & Ads' started by jbertig, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty well known on ECC for building extremely realistic things now, and I have another one up my sleeve. It's also something I've never tried before. I recently watched the movie U-571 after having not seen it in years, and I got a really cool idea to build a scale model of a U-boat on ECC! I intend on building it on the surface of the ocean to make the built easier, and more fun to view. The waterline is where the light gray and dark gray meet. Everything I've built so far on ECC has been half scale or smaller, but this will be full scale; 76 blocks long, 12 blocks wide, and 21 blocks high from the keel to the top of the periscope. The problem is, I don't have a town in an ocean, so I'm looking for an ocean town, preferably one that has a warp, or can be given one. I'd like to outright purchase it because of the effort that'll go into this, but may consider building in someone's town if the person is willing to contract me to perpetual perms for it. Below are some pics of the exterior of the U-boat's hull. I don't have the interior planned out, as I need to browse for diagrams of their internals, but this should be an awesome project!

If you'd like to help me gather materials, the bulk of the hull itself will need 6 stacks of light gray clay, and 23 stacks of gray clay. I actually have enough non-dyed clay stashed to build it, so I would need a stack of light gray dye and 4 stacks of gray dye. I'll also need 10 blocks of gold for the propellers, and 18 blocks of iron for the propeller shafts. Someone with water perms will also be useful for helping me sponge out the hull as I build.

Reply if you'd like to help or sell me your town!

-jbertig

2. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    I can probably hook you up with some dye, hit me up in game (when I'm not AFK)...I'll look at my current towns, are you gonna build this on grass or on the ocean itself (only asking since it's ON grass in the picture *smile*)....I'll look when I get on tonight if you haven't found a spot yet.

#2 stigarose, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    @stigarose It'll be in the water, we'll only see the top light gray area and the very top edges of the dark gray tanks above the water. All of the rest will be underwater. I build all of my experimental stuff in a superflat creative world so I don't have to clear space to build huge things haha. Let me know! I won't be on this evening since I work :/ I'll probably be on tomorrow during the day though!

#3 jbertig, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017