[Ban Appeal] ElricBellamy

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by ElricBellamy, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElricBellamy

ElricBellamy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    In Game Name:
    ElricBellamy
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    No, I have not.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    ECC main server
    Reason of Ban:
    Loan scamming
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Scamming
    A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon timeframe.
    Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.
    Clause 2.1 - Renaming items
    Users cannot rename items for the purpose of making them misleading (for example, taking a cookie and renaming it “Diamond Sword”, and then attempting to auction or trade it without specifying that the item is a cookie is against the rules)
    If you are auctioning or trading an item that has been renamed, you MUST specify what the item was before it was renamed.
    All renamed items must follow the language and content rules for chat on the server. If it would not be appropriate in global, it is not an appropriate item name.
    Making or distributing items that are inappropriately named are both punishable to the same extent. If you find or receive an item that has been inappropriately named, please inform a staff member immediately, so that they may investigate and act appropriately.
    Clause 2.2 - Attempted Scamming
    Users cannot attempt to scam other users. If enough evidence is provided and the staff believe a scam was intended, this will result in a temporary ban against the offending user.
    Attempted scamming includes misleading sales or auctions. For example an auction for 'a melon,sword'.
    Clause 2.3 - Player Run Lotteries
    Any player run lottery is disallowed and will be treated as attempted scams or actual scamming depending on the situation.
    This includes any type of raffle or lottery that requires a buy in.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    This rule means that no player under any circumstances should ever attempt to extract wealth from others in an illegitimate fashion, or without the intention of repaying the individual the agreed upon sum.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    I would like the be unbanned in part so that I may pay back the loans that I owe. I ran out of free time and had to cut off ECC to focus more on real life events that were occuring at the time. While I had no choice in the matter, I recognize that I am to blame for breaking the rules. Therefore, I think the correct course of action was to have me banned. However, I am now back and I wish to pay back what I owe, in full. I owe a total of 464k, 60k to ZevZero, 130k to destroyer2441, and 274k to Imabankthing. I will do everything in my power to earn the money back as soon as possible so that I may repay these fine gentlemen. All that is left is for you all to make your choice. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 ElricBellamy, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. destroyer2441

destroyer2441 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +84
    hello @ElricBellamy you also owe me money I will post a forum complaint to have it reconized. or if you admit to it aswell.

3. ElricBellamy

ElricBellamy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    Looking through past screenshots, I can confirm that I owe you 130k. Making my total owed amount 464k

4. destroyer2441

destroyer2441 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +84
    Ok I’ll set up a sign again at /warp dlcy_square

5. LanRooks

LanRooks President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +793
  6. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Hello @ElricBellamy

After reviewing your appeal/ban history I've decided to unban you. You've been banned for a while now and I believe that you understand that loan scamming is a serious offense here. I understand that real life is more important than ECC, however it is still your responsibility to pay off your loans.

I've found that you owe $60,000 to @ZevZero and $274,000 to @Imabankthing. @destroyer2441 I'm going to ask you to file a complaint if you want the money owed to you added to @ElricBellamy's payment schedule. I'm going to give you 1 week to pay $60,000 back to @ZevZero (around $8,500 a day) and 4 weeks to pay back @Imabankthing (around $9,000-$10,000 per day). Therefore you'll owe @ZevZero $60,000 by 10/14/17 and @Imabankthing $274,000 by 11/11/17. Please make sure that this doesn't happen again. Welcome back to ECC.

Locked - User Unbanned

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.