[Ban Appeal] KingCharlie9

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by KingCharlie9, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    In Game Name:
    KingCharlie9
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    No, I have not.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    The Main EcoCityCraft server.
    Reason of Ban:
    Tool Theft/Scamming/Blackmail/ Loan Scamming (Mission001)
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Scamming

• A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon timeframe.
      • Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.
    Clause 3 - Harassment

• Harassment constitutes as any form of action (chat or game play wise) that makes another player feel threatened or otherwise ruins their game play.
        • Griefing in the wild does not constitute harassment. Harassment in the wild is strictly chat/command based.
      • This includes, but is not limited to; BLACKMAIL, bullying or any other form of harassment that occurs through our chat system.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Scamming:
    I believe scamming is failing to do your part, or fulfil your duty in an agreement. It is when you cheat someone, by failing to uphold your end of a deal, which is wrong. It is also when you do not do as you promised. This is just outright unacceptable. Scamming can really hurt other players and its not fair to them. Whenever making agreements or promises, you should always follow through, because it has after-effects if you don't. Scamming as a whole is just intolerable, not just here on ECC, but in other places too.

Blackmail:
    The action of blackmail is almost forcing someone to give you something, because you are holding something they own for ransom. Blackmail is and should be inadmissable on EcoCityCraft, as not only is it altogether a terrible thing to do, it can leave lasting effects on the victim. Blackmail is not to be tolerated here as it is a form of harassment, and can also be considered as bullying. It is mean, unkind and strictly not allowed on EcoCityCraft.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    In this part of my appeal, I'd like to adress the players of EcoCityCraft. I will be dividing it all up into sections so it is easier to read, and clearer. Hopefully, this can fix all my wrongs.

Introduction
    Before I begin, I want to apologise for every single bit of drama this has caused. Never did I think this would be the outcome, and I sincerely apologise now to each and every single person affected by my actions. I was selfish, and did not realise at the time what I had done to people. There are a couple people who I owe more than just an apology, who I will speak to in private. Many of you reading this will never trust me again, nor do I expect you to, but I would like the opportunity to right my wrongs, and make a fresh start. I've always wanted to avoid bans, because I aimed for a clean record. Thats obviously out the window now, but the point is I never intended to do *most* of the things I was accused for. There has been a lot of confusion, and I intend to, right now, clear up everything, and at the same time, join back into the community I love and enjoyed being a part of.

Secret Santa
    I'm not quite sure where to begin, so I'll just notify everyone of this - Secret Santa was never meant to be a scam. I never thought of it to be a scam ever, and I can bet my life on that. This is the truth - I was meant to deliver the gifts at a certain time, and I didn't get the chance to due to IRL circumstances. I wasn't able to log on no matter how much I tried, and I am extremely sorry for any and all inconvieniences that were caused because of my bad punctuality. I hear from people that ClarinetPhoenix delivered the gifts to everyone, and I am glad that my terrible punctuality did not ruin your Christmas. Most people got their gifts, and those who didn't, I am sorry but please do not blame me as I know a few people didn't give a gift when they where supposed to, and if and when I am unbanned, I will make sure to personally investigate the matters with the help of staff. For any questions anyone may have, that I have not already answered here, please do contact me as I will be happy to answer them. But bottom line is - Secret Santa was never meant to be a scam. It never crossed my mind - ever. I can't think of anyway to make people believe it, but it never was meant to be a scam. Anyways, I am utterly sorry for any problems I caused.

Tool Theft / Blackmail
    This is the main reason I was banned, this is where I actually went wrong and the part I am truly remorseful about. Mandy's secret santa gift was an eff7 pickaxe, and I decided to 'prank' her saying I was going to keep it, but eventually return it. It started off as a joke, because I considered Mandy and I's friendship a close one due to our business together. Then Mandy started becoming rude, I guess this was because she thought I was actually going to keep it, and it escalated into an argument. It was all a whir, so I cannot really remember what went down, but in the end, I decided to make Mandy wait till Christmas day to get her gift because of the argument. So, I was going to put it back in the present chest under the tree, but then I realised she could get staff to unlock it, meaning she could get the gift early. So I decided to hide it until Christmas day, when I'd eventually return it to her. This was the worst idea I've ever come up in my entire ECC experience. After discussing it with Clar, I realised I was not thinking properly, and I was acting stupidly. It was not my gift to her for me to hide it temporarily, and whats worse is gifts aren't meant to be taken back. I was wrong in everything I did about this, and I can't even begin to explain how totally apologetic I am for this. I absolutely never should have acted in this way, and I can see why it was considered a scam. I was also getting worried about our business partnership, so I attempted to blackmail Mandy, which was wrong. I'd rather not get into that on here though. To sum it all up, I owe @Ladyvamptress and @_Mandy way more than apologies, and I can only hope they'll be able to forgive me in the future. I have contacted both of them via forum PM, so I can talk it out and resolve it.

Loan Scamming @Mission001
    I have been banned for Loan Scamming Mission, but as you can see in the complaint, the money is in my balance and I will be paying Mission the money if and when I get back. I will also be paying him more because of the delay, as he shouldn't have to wait for his money, therefore I will compensate him for this. However, I must ask for your forgiveness about the late payment. I was unable to pay because I was banned.

Conclusion
    I am now going to end my appeal. I doubt anyone on EcoCityCraft will ever give me the same respect, trust and kindness I once deserved. I don't expect anyone too if I am honest. Some of the things I have done were absolutely ridiculous. And I apologise for that. I'll now adress why I feel that I should be allowed back onto EcoCityCraft. I feel I should be allowed back because, I love the community here for starters. I always want to give back to the community here, and since I have no proper use for my money any more, I want to be able to help. I don't want to gloat/show off/seek attention, but for the purpose of my appeal, I want to prove that I want to give back. Already, while I'm still banned, I opened up a giveaway, promised to give tools to a Builder/Resident giveaway, and more. Even before I was banned, I tried to be like Ladyvamptress and others who give away things and help new players. I felt like, if I do so, I'll earn people's respect. Secret Santa was another way I tried to contribute to the community, but it didn't go down the right path. In addition to this, I feel like I should be allowed back because I am deeply sorry for the crimes I committed. I want a second chance to prove to myself and everyone, I can be a positive member of the community. I'll now adress what I'm going to do to make myself better. I realised what its like being away from EcoCityCraft, and its not good. I miss the people who made it enjoyable, the ones who made it fun. I plan to literally ignore or dismiss all the negative people who are just toxic, and focus really on the people who keep me coming back to play daily. I also want to be more respectful to staff, I want to mature more, and most importantly, have fun. To conclude, I, KingCharlie9, am sorry for everything wrong I have done. Not just things that got me banned, but every single thing I've ever done.

Thank you all for reading this,
    Kindest regards,
    KingCharlie9.

• Like x 15
    • Potato x 15
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 KingCharlie9, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Appeal updated - fully finished in other words.

• Potato Potato x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Alright so it looks like I need to repeat myself already.

Do not post slander/non-relevant posts on this ban appeal! That goes for all ban appeals.

Honestly, a ban appeal is not everyone's go ahead to slander the person appealing. Knock it off.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 strongpelt, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Sign is still where it is at /warp ECCHeadMuseum
    :)
    See you back soon

5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    To whoever handles this, if you are unaware, the Eff7 was recovered, charlie’s /own was removed, and Mandy did receive it on Christmas Day.

6. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Edited the final sentence as I realised it sent the opposite message.

7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    @KingCharlie9
    I just want to state that I was severely disappointed to see you do something like this.
    However I will address this.
    You are right in saying you chose the wrong path, if you had a legitimate complaint with a user then you should have utilized our complaint system properly, holding a gift for ransom was entirely a jerk move and goes against all ethical reasoning not to mention you had no right to do so.
    You had been warned before about attempting to blackmail users in a previous situation. I was pretty astounded that you went ahead and did it again, on top of that doing so with someone's Christmas gift. I can't really imagine how you can think this was acceptable to do at all.
    Anyway there was no reason for you to /own the tool, this is where the Theft comes in, it wasn't yours to possess as it was clearly intended as a gift and it was clear who it was intended for.
    You had no business to place your ownership on it, nor did you honor the clear agreement that was basically outlined by you running a Secret Santa event that you were only to deliver the tool to the recipient.

There really isn't any way to excuse the choices you made, but I can also see that you chose to address not just this specific situation but your behavior in general. You haven't exactly had the best track record in this community. You seem to understand that your behavior has been unacceptable including but not limited to your recent Discord behavior which I have already spoken to you privately about and I hope you will look at changing that.
    Every mistake is an opportunity to learn and change oneself for the better.

Since you're banned for scamming and theft in addition to blackmail I am going to issue you a 3-day temp-ban. One day for each offense.
    I also know you have the 50k you owe @Mission001 in your balance already. You will pay this at the sign which is still at /warp eccheadmuseum. You will have 24 hours after your ban expires to pay that.

I expect much better behavior from you from now on. I really hope you learned your lesson.

3-day Tempban Issued
    $50k due to @Mission001 by January 19th, 2018

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.