ECC Service Revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattgdream, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    That's just like paying someone to go to the washroom in a mall, or taking a tissue in a class. People can put their hands out expecting money, but the rest of us would just offer those service for free, because it is normal.

2. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I don't know who you hang around with, but I make good money off my services daily... and people are happy to pay. My features make me more money that my star tool rental service, think about that for a min and then come back and say it's not worth charging. Plus it's just common respect to pay someone to use their feature for you. I would never expect anything free, this is a hardcore economy server.

#22 Ladyvamptress, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    It's all about money with you isn't it even as rich as you are with all your star tools you want to take money off of the poor. Even when I was rich I was shocked when you told me $100 please. That's when I promised I would never make anyone else feel that way free ereps tps water and the rest of the common necessities!

4. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    I believe the added challenge would actually add to the player base. Players would be able to start repair businesses and newer players would have something to drive for. Right now, the ways to make money in ECC are very limited. There's not much value anymore in anything and this would be a baby step to a stronger economy.

5. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Yes it is limitied and you want to take from the new players with no features their hard earned money. You want to take from them knowing there is hardly anyways to make money itself I think it's appalling and you should be ashamed

6. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    You clearly don't know me. As rich as I am? I have $30k to my name currently. I give most my my money away, ask @Ozzyblack21 or @OlympiansAreGods what I did with my build comp winnings. Ask the countless people I gave free money to, so they could rank up or buy a tool. Ask the people I've donated tons of money to or ask yourself how many times I gave you free investigations. I bought the star tools so people could have access to them at a low cost cause a mil is a lot to come up with for your own. But I'm all about the money, huh? I'm about respect and balance, service that others paid real money for shouldn't be free, people should pay a fraction of the cost if they can't afford it theirselves. Just like renting star tools. How dumb would it be to buy star tools and let everyone use them for free whenever?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I hate comparing this to real life but everything has fees. Even things you consider basic
    necessities. Bathrooms cost money that someone has to pay. You are paying for that bathroom in a mall when you buy anything. NOTHING is free and that's what makes the economy go round.

8. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    After some consideration, I will be providing some services for free and some paid. It all depends on timing and type.

#28 Capbo_, Sep 4, 2017
  9. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I made it without features? Paying people for repairs is a normal thing and cheap. It would barely make a difference in profits to new players. The challenge is what makes people play ECC.

10. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Star tools are not needed unlike ereps and tp and other things. You giving away things for free isn't making anything balanced it's making things unbalanced if you are all about fairness you would give every new person the same thing but you can't so don't talk to me about fairness when you spend money and give to certain people why don't you stop dishing out money and losing money and just give free services have it not effect your balance in anyway it doesn't take away anything but your time but it's worth it to make someone's game experience more easier and to get that thank you at the end.

11. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Btw, I think this is a great debate and the responses have all been great! Keep it up!

12. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    What? Which is it. Am I so rich and greedy or overly nice and poor?

13. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Ereps are also not needed with that logic btw.

14. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Do you know why you "made it" because there was a much larger player count back in 2013 when you joined more people to sell plots to, more people in sg etc etc.

15. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Haha it's both. It's all set up you and mission living in your ivory tower giving to the poor every so often just to make yourself look good but you haven't fooled me!

16. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Do you even know what you're talking about? You contradicted yourself. If it's both then I'm the first greedy, selfless person on this planet! Again, this is an economy server, name one thing that is free to people without limitations. Sure water is free now, but you have a restriction on how often it's free. Yet you argue that it's unheard of for someone to pay for something, lol! Come on, giving people things for free doesn't keep people interested, if anything it drives them away cause they will become bored or get mad when things don't get handed to them.

PS what ivory tower, the builds that cost us millions of ecd that we spend months of our time to build?

#36 Ladyvamptress, Sep 4, 2017
  17. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Well, less people have played since ereps have became free. More ways to make money will lead to more server traffic. Right now, the ways to generate profit are so limited. The server's staff and owners can only do so much to help this. It all comes down to the player base coming together to do whats best for the servers well-being and that is an increased emphasis on economy.

18. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Yet you've just said you hand out money Willy nilly you are contradicting yourself and making others take the easy route I'd get your facts right when they are handed ereps they can carry on working AND STAY ON. When they are not they are waiting and waiting until eventually THEY GO OFF. I've seen first hand this happen so don't question me sista

Nobody would pay when they could get something for free

#38 xboyfernz, Sep 4, 2017
  19. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    That is not the reason why people are leaving it's because they are getting bored. Some people left when swearing allowed because it was too vulgar and some people leave because it's just too hard to make money to start off with and they are bored mining, being beaten by people in sg with kits or unfamiliar with the PvP 1.12, fishing and all of the other boring ways to make money including charging people for repairs.

20. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Funny that people do pay me for ereps cause no one else will respond to their 10 ads of needing one. I make money and give it to the needy, how is that contradicting? Someone worked hard for their money and got scammed, now they are out of that money (unless the person appeals), if I can afford it, why not help them out? Someone died in lava and lost all their tools, but only needs $5k more to rank up, I don't mind donating. IF I HAVE IT. Sometimes people are clearing their town and need an erep, they aren't earning money like they would be if they were mining, so I don't mind giving them an erep. The funny thing, most people pay me. I don't tell people I charge, they ask for it and they pay. I erep'ed a builder earlier and he paid me $100 and this was after I told him he could probably find someone to do it for free. Why are you personally attacking me? I work hard for what I have and I didn't get anything for free. This is about bettering the economy, not about shitting on Ladyvamptress and Mission cause you're jealous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #40 Ladyvamptress, Sep 4, 2017