ECC Service Revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattgdream, Sep 4, 2017.

1. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    I'm not trying to attack you im just saying maybe you guys could be more considerate instead of (well this may sound like attacking but I'm going to say it) showing off and I don't like the idea of everyone doesn't get the same chance. Paying someone a loan= loan to trustworthy people
    Dying in lava= /spawn
    Ereping= pay the price of $60 irl or heaps of in-game money:/ NAH LET'S GIVE IT FOR FREE and I'm not saying as a person who needs to be erepped I have it now but I still give it for free and some people give me money am i complaining no but some people just can't and you shouldn't be setting out amounts to charge them like it's some business it's just helping out here and there and giving someone a hand and this isn't just directed to you this is to every one who believes in this nonsense

2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    A few things, swearing is no longer allowed. If you are bored mining there are more ways to make money, like sg as you said. According to you, kits and 1.12 pvp cause them to leave. It's kit free ~65% of the time. They also have free kits to use. If they are unfamiliar with 1.12 pvp, and they spam click and lose, they should know something is wrong. Not call hacks immediately but ask in global or pm staff something like "what type of pvp is on this server?". If they see other users timing their hits, and they don't I don't know what to say. And if they are using a vanilla texture pack, which most do I believe, they will see a cool down. ECC also shows hearts dealt. If they spam and none come, that's a sign. This is a hardcore economy server.

3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    It's like going into a bar and paying for a glass of water. No its for free and that's how these services should be. Okay someone pays you but deal well done you, you earnt no more than 1k

4. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Lady just said she won't ask for it.

5. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Okay hold your horses this isn't about PvP so stop making it primarily about PvP thank you very much

6. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Oh good for through to her and this ludicrous idea goodnight!

7. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    After reading your post, you complained that they say it's too boring. I think most people would agree PvP is not boring. Even if they are not good, it still is semi-exciting.

8. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    XD you don't talk for this whole time but suddenly pop your head up when something you understand is mentioned as I said goodnight I'm not discussing PvP with you on here God knows I've discussed PvP about a million times

9. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    People wouldn't get as bored if there was more challenge. There's only a few ways to make things more challenging on an economy server. Either make it harder to make money or make it harder to buy things (make things cost more). There needs to be a balance between these 2 things and right now it is off.

10. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I get that and every single person in this thread has said they give their feature service for free at one point or another. It's ok to give and erep to someone who can't afford it, we aren't monsters! This thread is just suggesting that we ban together and charge something (no set price) to make that feature more value able and actually worth something. Like Matt said, people will get used to getting it free and not buy a feature. I have always charged and will continue, but that doesn't mean I don't also help people out and do it for free, you seen yourself when I've given you free investigations. it's like with items, if people start giving away their nstars for free and they become worthless, wouldn't you try to get people to see reason and at least charge something? Sure this is about features, but this is still a chargeable market that could not only benefit both members, but the server itself.

Btw, where do I broadcast the nice things I do? I don't "show off", I hate attention. Sure you may have heard of some nice things I've done, but chances are it wasn't from me, I don't need everyone to know what I did and why, that's my business.

11. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Its a economy server at the end of the day. Goal is to get as much money as possible. This isnt a handout server where everything is given- partially why im against those free town things where people give out free plots. Doesnt teach new players property ownership and how to make money quicker. The faster they get up the learning curve the better. People dont have all day to babysit these new players.

12. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Yeah that glass of water didnt cost $100 USD its more like saying Can i have a free sip of that drink.

I don't see it too much to ask to pay $100 ECD for someone who paid $100 USD for a feature as a thank you.

Also before you insult me, feel free to look back over the years of my service to ECC, i've ran multiple events with my own money, been apart of the staff team to help and assist the server, given away free features as prizes, i've helped countless people with multiple things from questions in game. help with investigations, to complaints and appeals. I do recall one which was to do with you and someone not paying back their loan. I made a separate convosation to try and work things out, which in the end you got paid back, your welcome.Taking 30 minutes to help someone plot their town out for their new Mayor App. I don't do these things because I have a ton of money as most of the things don't even revolve around money, me and others go out of our way on ECC to try and help and make it a better place because we actually want to help. On top of the fact that i work hard for my money and instead of keeping it to rub it in other faces, I put it back into the community and actually help the server . Plus the fact i've never had a Complaint or Ban in my 6 years here.

Easy to insult someone, not so easy when you haven't done anything compared to that person your insulting.

Stay classy xboy

---

As for the thread, yes times change, but the value like i state above do not. I have multiple people that when i go to them, i erep their stuff and they pay me, they don't even ask me how much, they just like a reliable trusted familiar face to erep something that is valuable for them.
    $100 ECD+ is a small price to pay for that.

I'll leave you with the thought
    What if no one had ext commands+ and the only way to erep was to pay $1000 ECD to a sign? You'd pay the price or you'd be screwed, depends how you value your tool, be happy some people are able to donate their irl money to keep this place going. They don't have to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    #52 Mission001, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  13. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    I stopped giving ereps cause there was no longer anything in it for me. It's selfish I know but $100 or $200 isn't going to break any banks even in the lowest ranks.

14. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Everyone please make sure you are keeping with this thread's topic, there is no reason to be lashing out at anyone based on their opinions on how they spend their time or money on ECC. Please be sure to remain respectful when commenting here from now on.

15. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Just my two cents here but I charge based on what I value my time. If I'm not doing anything, sure, I might do it free.

If I'm doing things I'll either charge or just say no. Time is money, after all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    Just skimming through this and I'm seeing some flame and back n forth comments so I'm just going to skip most of it and quickly give my 2 cents....

I agree and believe that we all SHOULD start charging for repairs. Yes you can argue that giving services away for free will help promote a builder friendly environment, however, this is a hardcore ECONOMY server. Anybody who knows anything about economics knows that absolutely nothing is free... there is a saying, "there is no such thing as a free lunch." I do not play much anymore but we should all start charging for services such as repair, naming tools, combining, etc. again because it helps promote a healthy economy in which money is constantly flowing. In today's ECC, the only things people seem to actually charge and pay for are star tools (nstars included), and materials needed for large builds. Services may be small, however it is still an essential part of the economy and giving them away for free is actually doing more harm to the economy than it is good.

TL;DR
    Start charging for all of your services people

#56 THCOOL, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  17. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Can confirm you are 100% a monster. Giving me an eff7. Monster. Helping builders day in and day out. Absolutely unheard of! Helping other users finish projects/tricky areas. Yeah.. I'm gonna go ahead and say you're the monster of ECC! :3

But yeah.. Ladyv and Mission are two of the most generous/ kind hearted players on ECC. Yeah, mission is a lil tough around the edges, but both are generous / will in to help for all the right reasons and players like that.. Well.. There is not a massive hoard of them on ECC.

18. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +377
    I will always give free repairs, and everything else. I will also always accept any tip they decide to pay me without me prompting them. This is because while I wanted all the features I have for myself, more than that I wanted to contribute to ECC via donation which is why I have donated for others more than twice what I have donated for myself to one of only two communities keeping me around for 4+ years (the other now being League of Legends lmao).

At the same time I'm not a huge fan of pay to win, and while in ECC's case its completely justified and really very minimal (more like pay to enhance) I still never want to lord my ability to donate over other users and would much rather help them whenever I can. Exceptions for ridiculous nonsense, similar to what Nicit said. Need your tool repaired? Sweet here ya go. Need a 200x200 farm filled with water? Yeah ok I'm going to charge you for that time.

#58 rabidworm, Sep 5, 2017
  19. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Of course you'd charge them for placing all that water that's too long

#59 xboyfernz, Sep 5, 2017
  20. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    A lively debate here for sure. I hope that civility can rule and we can all get along when the day is done.
    I personally do not charge for services. Most players do pay $100 (tip) for ereps or a few lift sign or water/lava placements. Investigator service users tend to donate $250 -$500 in my experience.
    I always recommend larger service requirements such as many levels of signs or farm water placements to seek services from other players for a fee.
    I do tend to play at "off peak" hours so I do not feel that I take away from any player that wishes to charge. At times I am on during busy hours with other players with features, I tend to wait until someone has asked a few times to offer to help.
    I support this suggestion and have no issue with anyone charging for services as I totally understand, however, I am too old to change my ways so will continue to operate the same for now. I also enjoy meeting and helping members.
    One final note: I try to inform every player to use a chest for any repair. Many new players have no idea so it would be awesome if we would all get the word out as best as possible.