ECC Service Revival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattgdream, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I like to tp people for free. I'm chill with paying for repairs, even though I hate paying for stuff with a burning passion. I tp people for free, but maybe I should start to charge. But water placements? Those should be free or cheap. Cause it freaking sucks.

2. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    You guys have all made great points. What it comes down to is what is best for the server as opposed to what is best for the individual player experience. I'm down for whatever would increase server traffic and help it grow to its former glory even if that means losing some people.

3. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +205
    While this may be off-topic, I think that giving Builders free plots or services is a very bad thing, for these three reasons.
    • People have paid money to acquire those towns or features, and giving them away is incredibly bad business practice. You are essentially pouring money down the drain.
    • Being handed everything on a silver platter just causes problems down the road when they realise that the rest of ECC doesn't work like that, causing them to quit, beg, or turn to illegal routes. Time and time again I see Builders having complaints filed against them. Out of 10 randomly selected grief reports, 7 involved Builders.
    • Giving free plots is an easy way for towns to get griefed. Out of the 13 months I have owned my town/nation, I filed 3 grief reports that involved town residents (the 4th one involved a town mayor building structures without my consent.) A certain large nation (which I will name in PM) gives away plots and is regularly griefed. Coincidence? I think not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #63 Hackney_Builder, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    It's never going to happen. There's no variable cost associated with providing feature service so players will always have the ability to charge whatever they want, and there will always be players who will do it for free. Charging for features would help push the server's economy but it needs to be universal, so unless you can come up with a way to mandate it, it's a lost cause.