Emau's Goals/Bucket List

Discussion in 'Your ECC Goals!' started by Emau, Jul 28, 2013.

1. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    You shouldn't forget to mention your upcoming dive in to the player market! Still time to change the station design if you don't like what we have planned... just let me know.

2. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    I don't wish to put the cart before the horse, but I am so thrilled about the shop. Every day I think of something I might want to try, but I'm sure when it is all started, I will throw 90% of those things out the window.

I placed some signs up to see what it might look like, but I'll probably look at the actual market more closely to compare what everyone is doing when we get closer to the date.

As far as the design goes, I love it. No issues at all. :happy:

I do wonder, however, the value of these shops now that anyone can use warps and players can make shops in their own towns and make a warp to them. It will be interesting.

In other news, I found EIGHT cats today, and dragged them all back to my town/vault. I wonder if I should tame them or leave them as ocelots.

My project list is expanding instead of getting smaller. I am baffled on how anyone can get bored playing this.

I am going to add a 'Spoiler' section to the main post with my town list so I can keep track of them all.

Well, I was on the forum doing some apps and figured I would just update this thread.

Looking forward to 1.9 and the new blocks.

3. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    I have to say I'm slightly disappointed in myself for not finding this earlier. Emau you are one of the most amazing people I know on the server. That "earn community respect" has been yours since the day we met. Keep knocking down those goals buddy. :)

#43 techy88, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    I have seen more and more players do this, and I am convinced it is a good idea, I have jumped on the 'all apps in one place' bandwagon.

I have added a Spoiler Tag for all my Apps. I was going to place it in the 'Towns/Nations' forum, but I just didn't think it quite fit. Since this thread has become my unofficial blog/dump area, I've decided to include it here.

[rhetorical] Any objections? [/rhetorical]

5. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings,

Another month, another update. I'm sensing a pattern here.

I have officially opened up STATION 15. Station 15 has items ranging from ores/blocks, to basic items for newer players, to brewing components, to colored glass, to prismarine. I also have nstars for sale on a sliding scale. I restock at least once a week. First come gets the best prices. I am always monitoring prices and adjusting. Many stores say they have the best prices, but I honestly think some of my prices really are the best in the market.

/warp station15 has been brought to you by MrEkitten Inc. BUY at /warp station15

If anyone could provide feedback via in-game mail about anything they think I can improve on, please let me know. (One thing is I need to stock the colored glass again.) I remember when I could sell it for more, but it now seems everyone is selling colored glass/wool/clay. That's OK. We should always be changing and reinventing.

This is a learning experience for me, with having so much space. So I will continue to adjust. Again, Station 15. Check it out and mail me ideas. I may not use all the ideas, but I would love to hear them. /warp station15

The cat front. I now have 14 tamed cats. I have another one that is "missing." I have 3 ocelots not yet tames. I have my pet cat. I "lost" one in a freak TP accident. So, here is what I did, in case anyone else can learn from this. Cats can be tamed. And if you TP, the will TP with you. (At least from Legacy to Legacy.) It doesn't happen every time, and I can't figure out why/when it happens. Let me back up. I had 15 ocelots, um... stored. They were in an enclosed area. They were all tagged. I trained one cat and then a second. I TP'd to my home (approximately 50 blocks away). One cat TP'd with me, the other did not. I TP'd back and the same cat followed me again. Well, I found out that you have to get the cats to sit so they don't TP with you (like in vanilla). I had problems getting them to sit. Some just wouldn't. Some would just continue to walk around and not stay within the distance to me. Some would walk through walls/chests. Some would TP, some wouldn't.

After about an hour or two, I was able to get all the ocelots trained and TP'd over to my home. All sat down. Then I went back and started to rename them with their new names. I realized I was missing one. I still have no idea where he went, as both places are closed off with no holes. (The place I was TP'ing from and to.) Yet a complete search (both places multiple times) and this lone cat is no where to be found.

I am now in the process of going through this a second time with another batch of ocelots. We'll see what happens.

The animal farm has been laid out and all animals collected except for about 8 sheep. We are working on it.

I have begun the last phase of laying out the trees in Broppsfar. Once I do this, there will be some minor cleaning up to do with some left over artifacts from years ago that I never got around to.

Then my plans involve Restlech. It has been neglected far too long. I plan of working on that again before the end of the year, at least to get the lift signs up and the floors finished.

I have been working hard on Redemption. I finally finished tearing the entire town to bedrock. Completely and totally. I finished laying obsidian on the entire floor. I have built up two monsters and working on the third. To be honest there is where my money has gone into. For the grass monster, is costs $2500 in clay blocks per floor.

My three year anniversary is next week. This means that today (I think) was the first day I appeared on the server, three years ago. I won't be doing one of those threads celebrating it, but as I have said before, I am honored to be playing this after three years. I am still as engaged and still have tons of stuff planned. Thanks for all the friends, support, and fun times. Looking forward to three more years. (Maybe by then, I'll have my projects toned down some.)

/warp station 15

6. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings,

Another three months, and another update.

Things were put in upheaval with the whole LWC issue, but I am about 90% done going through all my scrap towns I bought and seeing a ton of empty chests, I just have to think "It wasn't mine to begin with." I only hope those chests that actually belonged to active players are not missed.

I am putting another *spoiler* tag in my first post. This one will for me to keep track of outstanding loans. I have loaned some money out to a few people recently and, while high risk, all have paid back except one. I am hoping everything works out, but I have come to the realization that I am not keeping track of these well enough. I don't seem to get alerts when players get unbanned. I need to consolidate them into one place and this thread has become my dumping grounds, so there we go.

I am still 2 sheep short. I am being stubborn and not using any of my sheep eggs. I want to find them in the wild. I'll continue looking. Techy had a good idea about a petting area for the rabbits (all MIA 99% of the time). I am thinking of also doing an area for silverfish as well.

The shop has been doing well. /warp station15 More than pays for itself. And it has allowed me to get up to 500 nstars. I am making a push for the eff vii pick. I rented out the melonsword and found out that I can make about 14k/hr with it. I think if I get the pick, I can make money faster and then buy the sword. Then we'll move onto the shovel, then the axe, and finally the rod. Maybe the rod will come sooner. Pick first. And I expect this to me completed in the next few months.

I am continuing to work on Redemption. I can't thank Kmaxwell enough for letting me use this town. After clearing it out, laying the obsidian, and starting the monsters, I am now starting the roof/floor. I plan on making this work for most MCMMO skills. Excavation is looking good, and has been tested. Woodcutting is pretty much me just bringing my experiments from another town over to this one. And then I'll lay in some fishing tables as well. I will have to claim the town to make an acrobat tower (I'll need to put a heal sign to get it to work properly). But this is months and months down the road.

I have bought all the donations/features I want/need, so I can finally start saving some money. I even got a trail to get the bitcoin medal. No excuses now.

Well, back to

My days/nights are currently consisting of me working on Redemption, Fishing, flying around my old half-cleared towns, and hanging out (Ori, you need to log on more/longer :astronaut: ). I started brewing again today and plan on working towards the goal of getting 1k of each potion type.

Thanks to all my friends that provided support during my IRL issues (whether you knew about them or not). It really meant a lot to know you were there.

Next month I am hoping to say I am close to getting the eff vii pick. Until then, be safe.

#46 Emau, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  7. Joshuwat

Joshuwat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +602
    I would do that too :p

8. DorothyLane

DorothyLane Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +172
    This is such a nice ECC journal. Emau, I recognized your purple text in the forums but I didn't realize you've been here all these years.

9. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings

Two months and update time. Short and sweet this time.

1) All sheep collected and penned. Thank you @techy88 for your assistance. Horses will come after 1.9 with the help of the ice-walker enchantment.
    2) Eff VII Pick bought with nstars. Thank you @techy88 for your motivation.
    3) The shop at /warp station15 is doing great. Thank you @everyone for your business.

4) IRL had been crazy with a third job change in the past six months. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    5) Redemption is coming along nicely. I am just almost done with the roof/floor. It is a long tedious process, but worth it.
    6) Making potions takes time. It is the slowest MCMMO grinder out there. I may have slowed down on my progress, but I am not stopping.
    7) Between mining, Redemption, potions, and friends, I am always busy. Thanks to the server, both players and staff for providing such an awesome place for me to unwind and allow me to vegetate day after day for years on end. I will be here until the end.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings,

The sheep are fun to shear. The simple things amuse me. Wool production is happening and money is being saved. Eff VII Pick is awesome. Still haven't thought of a good name for it though. I have had to take some time off from stocking the shop on a regular basis. Some IRL things seem to always get in the way. If the market is still a thing in two months, I will be back to daily restocking. Right now I am just stocking the basics a few times a week when I can.

In big news: Redemption's Floor/Roof is finally all placed. All the trees are up and farm-able. The next step is more fishing tables. The monsters underneath will cost a fortune, but I am well underway.

Potions and trade signs. This changes things. I am going to have to move to chests. 54 potions per chest, 1000 potions each, means 19 (we'll round to 20) chests for each potion. And I am doing every version of every type. Extended, normal, stronger, throwable, etc. The good news is I have a huge room hollowed out already for them.

I bought a second pet. A friend gave me his coupon code and while I tried not to use it, he refused to use it as well. So instead of letting it go to waste, a pet was purchased. I wish each pet kept their own names and I didn't have to keep renaming them when they were switched out. I might suggest that since we now own that plug-in. Maybe.

Anyway. Love the server as much as ever. Having fun. Progressing well. My only problem is I haven't spoke to Kmax in-game for awhile. Now that we have different schedules... I miss her.

Oh, and another half million loaned out, so I'm broke again. When will I ever learn? :)

11. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings,

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Due to personal issues outside of ECC/Minecraft, all future updates suspended until further notice.

I'm still logging in... just need to take of things at home before I can be a valuable contributor again.

12. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    Greetings,

**Warning, knowing me and the time frame involved, this is going to be a long post**

I am probably going to update this more often again. I miss doing this. It helps me organize my plans. Let's break this post into two sections: What I have accomplished and what I am currently doing along with future plans.

Since my last post five months ago, many things have changed. I am now end farming on a regular basis. I am may only log in 3 times a week, but I try to make at least one of those sessions, purely end farming. I have purchased many things with those profits. I have a star fishing rod and a melon sword to add to my eff vii pick. I own an elytra (not for sale), and I have increased my head collection significantly. So much so, in fact, that my original vault for the heads is full. I never expected to fill it, but with /skull, people are more giving now. :) Thank you to everyone who sold me their head.

On a more recent time frame. I just recently bought three portals. I bought one from Broppsfar to the End, from Broppsfar to the Mining world, and from Broppsfar to the Nether. Only cost me 330,000 ECD. I have a temporary portal room set up for them. I no longer need to go to spawn to go to the end. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did.

Spawn statues became available. I have been on this server for four years now. I figured that while I have donated via third parties, I haven't really spent my own money. While I can't really afford it, I figured it was worth it. I bought a Rising Spawn Statue with USD. It was a spur of the moment decision. I figured if I thought about it too long, I would talk myself out of it and regret it. I even thought about buying multiple statues, but I got cold feet. Then a few days later the Legacy statues came out. This is the one I really wanted. My nation is in Legacy and I have always thought of Legacy as the OG world of ECC. Rising is for the younger crowd. Not logical but that is my thought process. So I bought a Legacy Statue. Again, putting myself behind in my IRL bills, but ECC deserves the support. As a nice touch, I bought the same statue, number 16. I am probably going to make them into a store of some kind. And make it the same for both plots. I thought about renting one out, but if they do something that causes me to lose it, I will never forgive myself.

Next, current situation and direction for future. I have made many edits to the original post. I have decided since I now have decent cash flow, I am going to begin the collections that I have thought about, but I always thought were outside my reach. I will start with the music disc collection and the spawn eggs. After that maybe the Star armor and then the one off blocks.

Side note: I have tried to clean it up on the original post by using spoiler tags. But even those are starting to get spammy. I'm not too creative, so I'll have to look out for something that catches my eye.

My current goals, immediate things to buy are, an eff10 axe and then shovel, more spawn eggs, the diamond block/emerald block/nether star chest medals, and the Patron rank. But I will be using ECD to get that. Right now I have less than 50k to my name, so I have a long way to go. Also there is something I haven't really discussed. There is a section of land in Legacy I had my eye on for my nation for awhile. I never had enough to buy it. When I finally did, I saw someone else had claimed it. I still want that area. So I am thinking of buying/claiming it, then moving the town away (shifting it over) and then buying my own town over the original spot. This is going to be expensive and I am in the beginning planning stages. Just thought now, but something I hope to complete by the end of the year.

I'm not sure how many players read this, but I do want to publicly make a statement. If I am in the end and you kill/raid me and I "whine/complain/bitch/nag/etc", please be aware that do not mean any disrespect to the user/player. I, as a person, understand different playing styles, and the such. But in-game, I am trying to dissuade you from "bothering me." I don't know how to explain it in words. Put very simply, please realize if you feel I go over a line, tell me. I play this game for fun, and I hope you understand that. If our styles are different, that is OK. But in-game, I am going to try to defend my style as the only right style. It is just in-game, and as a player, I understand the difference.

I hope that makes a little bit of sense. I'm sometimes not very tactful when trying to type things out. It is easier said than written.

Anyway, IRL, I have been promoted (unofficially). I am hoping it becomes official next week. It was official for less than a day, then it was taken away while "numbers were run for justification." This means I will be leading a team of approximately 10-20 people. I'm not sure how this will affect my playing time. I will need to get to work four hours sooner and leave at the same time. So I might test out playing in the morning instead of at night. Not sure yet.

OK this post has gone on long enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #52 Emau, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  13. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Always great to hear from you and love to hear of your accomplishments!
    Keep up the awesome work and best of success in your future endeavors.

14. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    Great post sir! ill have to check out your nation sometime! If you need any assistance let me know, happy to help.

edit:what music disc are u missing and spawn eggs, ill see what I have.

#54 stigarose, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016