Accepted Enforcement Overhaul - Discussion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Make this more know to mods, most of them have said that they can not tell us this

2. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Cool, was looking for a way to get my opinions about this out there.

I want to bring up a few things that the staff team could work on in order to improve - we know there have been problems lately and nothing has really been done to fix it. I'm in no way innocent here, either, I've made a lot of mistakes lately but it's time to fix it. First off is just plain knowing when to issue some sort of punishment. There's been a lack of common sense on our part and we're just blindly warning for things that are sort of against the rules... but are they really hurting anyone? The rules are there in order to make chat less chaotic and in order to protect the users. Stupid harmless jokes that are being made in global are being warned for, but why? Something is mentioned in global and staff try to find any way to make it seem inappropriate (for example I heard people warning for an inappropriate movie, but only the title was brought up... What? If they're not discussing the movie who the hell cares). Like andrew said, we need to moderate as "humans" and not just robots. Part of the reason I think moderation has gone so downhill is just the lack of training. We just kinda threw the new mods in there and said "Hey guys, moderate!!". GAs know for the most part how chat is supposed to be moderated - we need to guide some of the newer staff members to ensure that moderation is carried out in a fair way using common sense, knowing when something actually crosses the line, etc. I think staff members just need to be reminded of this once again and upper staff need to guide the newer staff members until they're confident they know what we should actually be warning for.

Secondly, guideline changes. Consistency has just been gone lately, staff members just kind of do whatever the hell they want, mostly just verbally warning for everything. Can also be fixed with training, getting staff members into the habit of checking a user's note list before doing anything to be sure we're not just giving verbal after verbal (some of the user's note lists are just outrageous). Punishments for offenses need to be more consistent with each other (we verbal for directed swearing but if someone mentions some sort of inappropriate topic it's a /warn... wat. Stuff like that needs to be fixed, I think that's why some of us are also hesitant on following the guidelines at this point in time. I think one of the big problems here is that the note list gets sooo cluttered sometimes that we just kind of skip it and go right to issuing a punishment as fast as possible, but if we actually start checking the nl it should get better as we're not noting for verbal after verbal.

I believe we also need better instruction on how to deal with users who are just breaking every single rule possible. Right now what happens is if someone swears we verbal, then they can spam and get a verbal, bring up an inappropriate topic and get a verbal etc. etc. and basically just run through every single rule that can possibly be broken without getting past a verbal warn or /warn. Additionally - repeat offenders. I'm not really sure this is possible but maybe adding some sort of "sticky" note @JamieSinn that tells staff members whether a user has been banned within the last few months to know if we should be more strict. I find that a lot of times we just end up forgetting that a user has been unbanned recently and go back and run through the list of punishments again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I think the tempban length for warns should be increased to at least half a day for every warn. So, 7 warns is 3.5 days, 14 warns is 7 days, 21 warns is 10.5 days, etc.

4. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    If we're moving back to verbals (which I think we are) I'd like to see the amount of warns needed for a tempban decrease.

5. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Yeah, I agree, especially with the part in red, as I mentioned https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-adult-friendly-the-server.173303/ I think that common sense really needs to start being used, and staff should really know what is and what isn't wrong. I agree with the increased training, because it shouldn't be difficult to recognize what is and isn't within the rules imo. As for the other parts, I agree that guideline changes need to be made so that staff members are held to a higher standard than they currently are. I also agree with the idea that people with a history should be dealt with more severely. zr has definitely brought up some changes that I really think should be made.

6. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I also agree with that, but I still stand by my half a day per warn idea.

7. Black_Cod35

Black_Cod35 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +210
    Everytime I talk about a subject, such as #ripNetNeut I constantly get told to "get into ch v," despite no issues, arguments, and slander occurring in global chat.
    This leads me to my point, chat regulations should not be limited to "politics only in vip", but rather to a statement such as, "Explaining it to someone/talking about it in global is fine, until issues start to arise."
    Personally, I believe that this will fix some inconsistencies with guidelines and punishments, but it will also allow for people without VIP to get involved as well.

#27 Black_Cod35, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  8. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    Touché, before I got features I could never talk about topics like that. When they are moved to /ch v non donaters May get annoyed they cannot politely talk about it. I mean here we are shut down about net neutrality but we can diss certain users?

9. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for SA, well said

10. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Yeah but you don't understand the context of it when we killed tanapeti in sg after he said it and it was obvious he meant it in sg not for irl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    They need to apply to all spawn, thats like saying you can freely advertise other servers in end spawn or legacy spawn

#31 Capbo_, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    ??? no it's not because you can't do it anywhere.

/spawn specific rules are to give players a good first impression of the server - we don't want them seeing a language they can't understand which could make them feel unwelcome. I could see a point behind enforcing these in legacy or mining since new players often immediately end up there, but there's no point in enforcing them in the nether/end where new players will never visit.

13. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +273
    I have had problems here before. After receiving a very questionable /warn while asking about it I am simply told off rather than explained it. I feel if staff believe sometimes is so severe it needs a /warn then they need to be able to explain why beyond 'pm me' or 'you broke the rule'. If I told a user to go fk off or something I get it, however my warns historically have been for 'trolling', 'cursing' (mildly and only once), telling @Drewbo_ he wasn't a good mod shortly after he was demoted, ect.

This section needs to go back to how it originally was years ago. As I recall as long as it was not one of the 'no no' words (which that list has grown greatly) minor slip ups were tolerated. If someone loses sg, a big lotto, gets griefed, ect, I would expect them to possibly lose it momentarily. A single slip up should not be a /warn, perhaps more a verbal instead. However if a user is abusing it (which is usually obvious) then they should be punished as trolling. And in the case someone comes on and decides they are a sailor, /warn /kick /ban.

Also - why tf is 'penis' on the same banned list as c*** and n*****? Really? This list needs to be redone. Gay is sometimes always banned but only on a Tuesday if the sky isn't blue and the user in question is wearing a raincoat. KISS method - keep it stupid simple.

14. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    Yeah, spawn specific rules may be unnecessary. It’s all fun and no cuss words until you eventually go into the game (obviously, people don’t just go in a game for the spawn) it’s “Oh frickity” to suddenly “GO KYS” on server main. And can we not with the death threats? This is Minecraft, you cant add obvious sarcasm. Some old timers or regular players will understand, but a new player will be like “Wtf that’s a joke right??” Or even worse, a player will leave because of the way we just happy go lucky throw around death like it’s no big deal. So either A. Stop the death threats or B. Be painfully obvious it a joke. Example: Kill your self not really I love you and cherish you and I’m being sarcastic

15. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    And also, NO OFFENSS OF COURSE, concerning impunity for staff (and some popular players) can we not let cuss words slide with them? It always annoyed me that Person A cant say the word “f***” or even ”gay” but Staff can just be like “You’re a straight up retard, hon get the f*** of this server.” Yes I understand their staff, but then Person B will follow by saying “that’s f***ing retarded” And boom. A ban. And Person B just straights up leaves the server because they guess that in this server, more clout means more cuss words.
    And we wonder why vulgarity is a problem.
    I say this out of love.

16. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Sorry mate what staff said that

17. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    I was giving an example, Love.

18. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    I don't honestly think that's a problem and I haven't seen this be a problem where staff say things that they warn other uses for. But if you do see this please make sure to talk to an SA/file a staff complaint.

19. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    Yeah, I’ve only seen it once or twice, mostly with immature players. But still.

20. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.