Denied Fishing Gone Wild!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FamilyFurst, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamilyFurst

FamilyFurst Ecc King of Koopa's
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +141
    Minecraft Name:
    Familyfurst
    Suggestion:
    So, when finishing, we sometimes find enchanted tools/armor/etc. Possibly add an ability to a feature, or a new feature itself, that allows items found by "fishing" to be destroyed, but the player gets "X" percentage of the exp from the enchants added to his total exp?
    Reason:
    Fishing isn't a great way to make exp, or money, but fills both gaps. By allowing a little more net gain on the exp side, it would make fishing a slightly more fun thing to do because the gains in total would be increased by a small amount.
    Any Other Information:
    Right now, it seems like there is never enough exp around *at* a decent or even slightly higher rate. A lot of times when I go to enchant pump axes for new players, or when I went to try to enchant a fishing rod, I ended up paying 1600$ ecd/1k exp for my last enchant on it. Understandably, more exp on the market means the price will generally drop a bit, but I am not looking for a huge return from the fished up items, just something so that fishing up all these leather/wood tools/etc isn't just a complete lose.

There might be better idea's to make fishing more fun, and/or slightly more profitable without it coming close enough to pumpkin farming/mining/melon farming, I am still just rather new and trying to just submit ideas as they come to me.
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    I guess it would be custom added?

2. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that the ability to fish up enchanted items (along with the other random items you fish up) are part of the McMMO plugin, and changing how it works would need to be done by the developers themselves, which would be very difficult to put into motion. For this reason, I think it would be too much work for such a small change.

3. Lurxolt

Lurxolt Chikun Banker
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $3,480
    Ratings:
    +150
    Are you refering to the developers of the plugin? If so, according to the MCMMO wiki, the items that can be fished and the rates of those can be adjusted by every server owner/developer that includes this plugin. It's the same with the legendary tier items that got removed from ecc's fishing loot table (or whatever it's called).

So I do not see a big problem adjusting the fishing loot. We have a star rod, why not let players with higher fishing skill fish nstars for example? :D

I hope it's understandable what I try to say as English isn't my first language and it's 2am where I live.

Source

#3 Lurxolt, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  4. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    Right, but the addition of what the OP is saying would require something that I think would be beyond the server admins' control as it would be requiring the plugin to
    1. Fish the item
    2. Destroy that item and grant a certain amount of EXP from the item fished.
    which requires much more than the ability to add/remove items to different tier levels of fishing, which, from my understanding, is the most that the server admins can control when it comes to McMMO fishing.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    We will not be adding this for various reasons. At this time the amount of gain from fishing is what we would like to keep it as.
    Furthermore I prefer not to fiddle with the exp market. I've just made a major market change in regards to netherstars and possibly exp with the addition of certain crates. At this time I won't be making anymore major changes to that section of the market.

TL;DR = fishing will not be getting any changes at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.