I would like to know

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michaelwm, Aug 1, 2011.

?

What do you think is a good price for diamonds?

1. 25 (2.5 iron ingots worth)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 50 (5 iron ingots worth)

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. 75 (7.5 iron ingots worth)

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 100 (10 iron ingots worth)

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. 125 (12.5 iron ingots worth)

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 150 (15 iron ingots worth)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. 175 (17.5 iron ingots worth)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 200+ (20+ iron ingots worth)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    What do you think is the average price of diamonds? What would you sell them for? What would you buy them for? I would really like to know. Remember, no price is too high or too low. Its your opinion, and no one controls your opinion. There is no average price. Diamonds cant be sold to server, meaning the user economy controls the price, not one person. State your opinions below.

But I want to ask everyone who says 50

Why would diamonds be worth as much as 5 iron ingots, when Most people (non-xray modders) get only 5 diamonds a day, and around 50 iron a day?

Quick info about diamonds:
    • Voting during the first 7 days of each month gets you a free diamond
      Diamonds cannot be sold to the server
      Diamonds were $50 before they were subtracted from the server sale list

2. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    Fifty. Diamonds are the only object in the entire server which is actually open to "User Economy", because it can-not be sold to the server. In addition, the price is ever changing, though i doubt it will go up(and i myself will try my best to keep it from going up).

Secondary, Diamonds are usually found in abundant stock throughout natural veins, along with numerous people purchasing them, along with Andrew giving out many diamonds whenever he feels the need to. He gave away two stacks during the first lottery give-away. I myself, though i do not mine any longer, usually found 20-25 diamonds during a mining trip, though they were somewhat long.

3. Sios

Sios Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    There are other ways to obtain Diamonds other than "mining."
    Take into consideration: Monster Hunts/ Voting, which can easily land you some easy diamonds.

On second note, just becaue a suggested price seems to be "fair" it isn't really in the eyes of the market.
    I understand the reasoning and logic behind that Diamonds should be worth $100, but right now the natural forces of supply and demand are pushing diamonds to an all time low.

Aside from that, the people with the most diamonds will compete to have their diamonds sold, even furthering driving the prices even lower. Any individual with 1000+ diamonds have much influence over the market and can do as they please with tampering the average prices because they can easily outdo other competitors.

My solution for inflation should be that those alotted diamonds should be removed from the server (ie. Adventure Hunt) - so that at least no one can have a heavy influence over the Diamond Market.

Simply suggesting a price when there's so many diamonds out there, wouldn't really influence the supply and demand, only the mindset. But if no one's willing to pay for such a price, then they'll be forced to drop it if they want any sort of value from diamonds.

Simple economics really.

4. EGO_downmaster

EGO_downmaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I really think diamonds should be removed from monster hunt and from voting because we had a lot of diamonds enter from them. From the time you got diamonds from voting and to when he changed it to gold. Diamonds went from about 100 to 70 in about 2 weeks.

5. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    It wasnt simply the monster hunt and voting, it was a combination of events occurring at the same time, including those two, along with the natural deflation.

6. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    How often do monster hunts actually happen...? I haven't been on recently, but I've always heard they are loathed and very rarely occur. I don't see them as a problem... Then again, I haven't been on much the past week. :/

7. Sios

Sios Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    I was the **** who got Monster Hunts nerfed because they occurred so frequently. :]

8. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    They did? People must be insane... o.o Monsters are a pain, literally. lol

9. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
  10. lostalaskan89

lostalaskan89 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Iron shovel (1 iron ingot) = 251 uses
    Diamond shovel (1 diamond) = 1562 uses
    so it takes approxamitely 6.223 iron ingots to equal 1 diamond in work-value. At the server price, thatd mean that diamond is completely worth $62.23.

No arguing allowed, its completely reasonable

11. habsjosh

habsjosh Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I think diamonds are worth 125 u only get them now from hunt mining and for the next 2 weeks vote so we are fining low on them when the only way to get diamonds is mine people who have them will be rich

12. HeavensFallen

HeavensFallen Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    I have to disagree there are just people who are hoarding the diamonds. (Looks at ike who has almost 900) so theres no shortage just ask to buy im sure whiteraptor will see you some.

13. yesyea

yesyea Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    100 I say, or higher. But then again you have so many people using XRay and other kinds of hacking, that see no problem selling them for 45 or 50 these days. Seems like only a couple weeks ago 70 was cheap. I sold 64 today for 3k, and no one would bid higher, I cant even sell them for $64 in my store anymore.

But then again gold should be worth more too (and all the ores for that matter), it's worth twice iron and you can easily get 5 times the amount of iron as gold EVERY time you mine. Sadly, I just sell my iron and gold to the server lately, because no one wants to pay more then server price for anything anyway.

Everyone wants something for nothing, and with no server price to act as the "bottom" price for diamonds, I foresee them dropping to $30 or $35 in the next week or so. It's a sad day for people spending hours like ike said to get like 30 diamonds, only to sell them for 1,500 LOL. Do that another 100 times you might have enough for a town and the perks XD.

14. Willfullcookie

Willfullcookie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    50 just seems to little 60-75 is fine though