Lets be optimistic about ECC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Obblebobble, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjcr10

sjcr10 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    Meh you guys should just promote the server a bit more... I assume that once upon a time the 1000 player limit was actually close to being reached :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    It's not really a 1000 player limit, I think it can only hold about 250 of I remember correctly. We used to have 400+ online back in late 2012 into early 2013 though. And even more from before that.

#22 knears2000, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. rileyjl

rileyjl Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +340
    The truth is... I don't actually like ECC anymore. In 2014 it was fun. Now its super "professional" and I don't see how to have fun anymore.
    I will be leaving within 2 years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    That's not a necro, what? You don't find it fun but you will continue to play for 104 more weeks?

5. rileyjl

rileyjl Mayor

Ratings:
    +340
    Nah. Probably I'll be leaving this summer. The server is almost dead. I already have 5 files on my PC about why.

EDIT: I'm guessing I'll be outta here by August 30. My planned date right now is July 17th.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #25 rileyjl, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  6. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Y'know, I totally get this. I see ECC more of a "community" now then ever, back in the day it was more of a server, a server that kept growing and growing, our playerbase kept expanding, we welcomed all new players, we advertised our networks to get more people to join. Now, I'm not saying ECC is dying, but in general Minecraft servers are dying, this is mostly on part with the "new" EULA that Mojang are just now starting to enforce.

This enforcement has HUGE finacial implications to servers, yes, servers need money, ECC these days is a pretty small community that struggles to make ends meet.
    A few years ago when our playerbase was a lot larger I could understand the more professional approach, we were a family freindly server, we did this to welcome players of all ages, we wanted long term players, players that could become part of a community, back in 2012 Minecrafters wanted a server that they could class as "home". ECC was this.

I'm just rambling here, but the crux of the situation is that this proffesional approach isn't for me, this is my old community, my old life, I want to talk in chat like a group of freinds. For example, yesterday in chat I witnessed someone being told off for one simple sexual innuendo, now, although it seems petty to bring this up, but the message was sent with context to the current chat, there is no need to warn for that. We are a 5+ year old community and we are censcored for the smallest things.
    I cant speak much as I have not been on ECC for a while but over the last 2days I have noticed this a lot, I am not judging the moderation of the server, the mods do an amazing job that is all stemmed from Andrew, Andrew has done so much for this server its unreal, I don't want to speak for him but we are a community, if we can't have conversations in chat that might have the odd non PG message then I don't know where we are going to end up.

Ingore my ramblings, I'll tidy this post up in the morning when I am not tired. Love you all

7. rileyjl

rileyjl Mayor

Ratings:
    +340
    Ever since Andrew owned the server again, i disliked it more and more every day. New rules, all of that.
    But I'm gonna be 100% honest here, There were rude staff members. Nicit6 was in my opinion, the rudest.
    Nicit6 always was bringing those announcements. The ones that are making the server worse.
    I don't think ECC is lasting much longer. It's coming to an end. I'm leaving. A lot of people are leaving.
    By 2020, I think we're going to have to close down.
    Thanks for reading
    - RJ

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  8. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Please don't necro threads.

Locked.