My PC's internal parts

Discussion in 'Pictures, Videos & Other Media' started by MatthewStevenGo, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Masonrf

Masonrf Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +298
    if you expect it's the RAM DIMMs, then try running a memory test on them. You might be able to find that by entering the BIOS.

An error message/log or something would really help figure out what's going on with your computer

2. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    The problem is that when the Windows starts up, it freezes for no discernible reason and the keyboard and mouse does not respond while the other peripherals are running, thus leaving no trace.

3. Masonrf

Masonrf Builder

Ratings:
    +298
    Have you tried a clean install of windows? If it's a windows issue, that should fix it. If you do a fresh install, make sure to back up everything before you do so.

4. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Around last year at the end of September.

5. DaEpicMiner326

DaEpicMiner326 Living Embodiment of a Meme
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +128
    Yeah you should probably upgrade.
    2gb of ram is quite low with most games asking for 8gb these days
    1gb of Vram is also a bit low , most games do not require insane ammounts but I personally found a game that can push over 4gb of vram (Rainbow six seige max settings with HD pack but thats another story)
    How old is the HDD ? Perhaps you could salvage that and maybe the case if you like the style
    If you salvage anything try rebuild your own with standalone parts if not I still say build your own or do major research on value/cost.

6. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Looks like something in my PC is messed up (affected is the important files that functions with the OS) in hard drive.

7. Masonrf

Masonrf Builder

Ratings:
    +298
    Honestly at this point I'm not sure it would be worth the time and effort to try to fix the computer. You might start looking into getting a new computer if you would rather do that instead of trying to fix this one. If you want advice or help picking one out (or if you're adventurous, building one) shoot me a forum pm and I will gladly help.

If you're still wanting to try and fix the current one, I'm not going to be able to help much unless you can get it to give you an error message.

8. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Just removed the GPU (which is the cause of the problem) and the freeze did not happen luckily after that but with one cost = When displaying via VGA port, there are wiggly pictures (horizontal lines) on the screen. Now that is not good, I cannot play games there since the GPU is remove and that the graphics processor is the CPU's (Intel GMA 3100).

#28 MatthewStevenGo, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  9. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Here is how the GPU's casing look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Just finally had the Palit's NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (1GB DDR3)

11. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Now the problem of my PC having a new GPU is that it had an error before booting to Windows = "Reboot and select proper boot media device" and the "Disk read error occurred" errors.

12. Masonrf

Masonrf Builder

Ratings:
    +298
    It looks like it having problems reading your hard drive.

First make sure all your hard drives are plugged into the right data and power ports and all the connections are good.

Turn the computer back on and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't,
    Try entering the BIOS and seeing if the boot priority is set to the hard drive windows is on.
    If the BIOS isn't detecting a hard drive, try making sure the connections to the drive are good. If that still doesn't fix it your hard drive most likely crapped out on you.

If the BIOS does detect the hard drive, you can try using a windows install disk (this can be done by a bootable windows flash drive as well) to repair it the windows install.
    Minor edits by me made in "{ }"

If your PC won't start and you haven't created a recovery drive, download installation media and use it to restore from a system restore point.

1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
    2. Download the media creation tool and then run it.
    3. Select Create installation media for another PC.
    4. Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    5. Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
    6. Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.
    7. On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again. {To change boot order, you will most likely have to enter the BIOS and change it there. It's probably a "boot" menu in the BIOS}
    8. Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore. {Actually, you might try "Automatic Repair" first. If it says it's failed when done, try booting the computer without the install media in it to see if it worked anyways. I've done an automatic repair once when it says it failed but it actually fixed it.}

This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files. {automatic repair shouldn't either}

If none of those work, you might want to try reinstalling windows on it. Otherwise your hard drive may have died on you.

13. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    I also have a problem, just to add, which is that there is a hard drive error (stated as "bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbz" or anything like that).

14. Masonrf

Masonrf Builder

Ratings:
    +298
    Your hard drive probably went bad then.

15. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Just had my PC launched but not without cost = I tried booting it several times with the error called "Disk read error".

16. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Yes! Just finally had my PC working!

17. greenobeano

greenobeano Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +383
    If you're going to do any gaming, I'd recommend getting a 750 ti instead of a 710. (I use evga's 750 ti SC)
    710 = $45 new
    EVGA 750 ti SC = $50-70 used

18. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    I tried to boot my PC but it had the strange error saying "A disk Read Error Occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" although I have my new hard drive that is clean. I tried it over 50 times but nothing happened when i tried doing that for more than 30 minutes.

#38 MatthewStevenGo, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  19. kamild_

kamild_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    As it was said multiple times, your hardware is quite outdated. Also this is an OEM computer you got there, these computers are usually hard to upgrade and often result in unforeseen incompatibilities. If you really cannot afford a new one, these are my options:

- Your SATA cable (the one used to connect your hard drive to your motherboard) is broken, try swapping it with your DVD drive's one or just buy a new one.
    - That PSU is subpar, it may be having difficulties supplying power at stable voltages. I'd suggest borrowing a working PSU from somebody and seeing if swapping it is going to make it work.
    - Your motherboard could also be toast. This is an OEM computer, so finding the same brand new part might be difficult. You'd have to get a more recent motherboard, and that will lead to additional cost of getting a new processor and memory, which will no longer be compatible with your new motherboard.

#39 kamild_, Jan 14, 2017
  20. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Shoot... It would be too broad for me. Maybe I will try inspecting the SATA cable (the hard drive was just recent) if there is something wrong with it there.

#40 MatthewStevenGo, Jan 14, 2017