Accepted New spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eekelmo, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    instead of a competition for spawn we should just have spawn made then do a competition for the market because they both need to be redone.

2. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    Absolutely agreed. Something like the lobby build would be perfect.

3. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Yes, cooperation is a great thing, but is also extremely tricky and you have to be good at cooperation in the first place, above being good at building. What if someone is a great designer, but is bad at communication and cooperation? Let him/her try to compete alone and do their best. If you put 5 superb designers having very different designs in mind and you force them to cooperate, you'll surely end up with shit, while you would have got something very good from each one of them working separately. Cooperation is extremely difficult to achieve if you have high standards, and it works good only in these 2 situations:
    1. you have a very good designer with a superb idea in mind, giving orders to devoted minions;
    2. you have good designers that know each other very well and there's a total feeling among them.
    As @MaxToMinimum said:
    Moreover a competition could be done with each competitor uploading a map built in local creative mode (as, if I'm not wrong, was done for last spawn) which would give much more freedom of choice regarding materials and building as well, giving a chance to build something big even to those that don't have fly on the server.
    And let's not forget that competition seldom brings the best out of people's capabilities, if done correctly. Hell, healthy competition is the basis for any good economy and this is an economy server, if we don't make a competition for something as important as spawn we are just missing the whole point of the server IMHO.
    True, except the highlighted part, which I totally acknowledge would be bad but is in fact not true: yes, you have to pick one and give a price, but if it's really that shitty you can just not use it and leave the spawn as is, or pay someone only then as a last resource.

4. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Imagine how someone woul feel if their spawn got chosen as the winner, but it's not good enough to actually be used. It would feel incredibly shitty. It would basically feel like a "you tried" prize.
    I'd rather avoid a whole drama situation like that and go straight for something that's guaranteed to succeed.

#164 kukelekuuk, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  5. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Well, if you think you're that good at design while actually you are not, it would be best for yourself to realize it sooner than later.
    Anyway, I perceive you have a very poor opinion of our members' capabilities and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of this competition, should it be done. In the many build competitions this server has had, we've seen some astonishing results even within the extremely difficult 30x30 size limitations: imagine what could be done within much broader limits such as spawn's! (yes, not all the build competitions had the same attendance and not all results were at the same level, but if you give an incentive good enough, you'll have a lot of people participating, including the best)

6. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    You will still get a better result with a build team. The build team would have to just act like actual architects and draft the buildings before building them. The drafting process would assimilate each of the architect's designs before any building happens.

I'm experienced enough to know that no one person could possibly create a spawn to the standards we expect. Most people are specialized in one element of design and only adequate in others. Teammates can fill in the gaps.

#166 _Mendiboi, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    The incentive for the project ought to be intrinsic. Regardless, from a financial perspective, a competition would exclude me. It would be a colossal waste of my time, time that I could otherwise spend productively. It is hard to make incentives for multimillionaires.

In other words, the prospect of being on the build team, for those who truly love to build, is invaluable. And, it is these people who we want building the spawn.

8. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,789
  9. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    legacy and rising should have 2 different spawns to be less confusing for new people and its boring looking at 2 of the same spawns.

10. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    That's not a bad idea actually. Possibly have a build team recreate the old spawn Legacy, and create a new spawn for Rising.

11. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Exactly.

12. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    I PM'd andrew and this was his response. I asked for his permission and he has allowed me to invite people to my Realms server to let people work on creating spawn with Creative mode. I've layed out multiple blank canvases of spawn as well as kept the current one up for reference. When the time comes for this spawn competition I can save the works that people make into schematics for the competition. Either you guys can work individually and give feedback to help each other out or work together to create something amazing.

If you are unaware, Realms servers allow 100 people to be invited but only 10 people on at a time so I'll leave that to you guys to work out :) If you would like an invite just Forum PM me and I'll invite and op you.

Also please don't globally advertise this, only mention to those that you think would benefit to work with.

[EDIT] Currently not opening my realms, will most likely make it public when an official thread about changing spawn is made.

#172 Videowiz92, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
  14. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    The spawn is still confusing for new people as well as new builders getting confused with Legacy And Rising we definitely need to have 2 different spawns so they dont look the same.

#174 jwpwns, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  15. Piquno

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +480
    Spawn is just too large

16. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
  17. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder

Ratings:
    +7,789
    bump

18. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
  19. FlyingIsOP

FlyingIsOP Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +208
    +1 for sure. I liked the old spawn!

20. zevzero

zevzero Member

Ratings:
    +2,847
    +1

This would be awesome. I would prefer having a professional build team over a contest, since contests don't always guarantee a good result and could be a huge waste of time and effort.

However this shouldn't be the top priority right now since there's a lot of things that currently need to be worked on, but it should definitely be something on the list to add in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.