Rising is Rising! + a look back at 3 years of EcoCityCraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OnSceneReporter, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,086
    [​IMG]

#21 alpert3925, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    i get that after i download it and open it up... Any ideas?

3. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    I'm not sure, to be honest, because I don't have a Mac. Someone else might be able to help you, though.

4. Harryhaz1

Harryhaz1 RIP Lava sponge.

Ratings:
    +1,111
    Download winrar's free trial (it lasts forever)

5. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    can u link me?

6. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
  7. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    do i need to do a bloody survey?

8. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    Idk... just go to the downloads tab... o.o

9. emongolab

emongolab ¢αℓνιη тнє є¢σмαѕтєя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +460
    Go to the App store, search for 'The Unarchiver' and install that. Its free and a fast safe download. It will open the file

#29 emongolab, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  10. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    ok thanks!

11. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    It worked i really appreciate your assistance.

12. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    Builder Days:

I was so excited to find a server that had an economy and hunger games in it. After getting into some of these games, I decided I wanted to donate $10 for ECC money. I bought it from the server as my first donation (before knowing I could have got it from someone else for 4x the amount of ECC). Then, I bought Resident.

Resident Days:

Being a resident was awesome! I always tried buying things and selling them, but never got successful at it as a resident. After being a resident for a little while, I met some very cool people, and helped them with their towns. Two people who didn't even know who I was gave me a chance. Without them I wouldn't even play ECC anymore.

cat4461176 & Rheasmom were and still are two of the nicest ECC members I have ever met. They gave me the opportunity to Co-mayor the town "Beautiful" and shortly after entrusted me with several duties. Then, when it came to working, they would give me great jobs, and good pay. Sometimes, they would even overpay me if I got the job done quickly. Everything I have become in ECC is thanks to those two. Thanks Ladies.

After earning money for mayor, I put in an app, and forgot to put the - sign on one of the post's in the application. Then, I finally got my first town. "Aqualand"

Mayor Days:

These are my best days of ECC. When this chapter open, I began making a flat 200x200 town over water right next to the for-mentioned town. Rheasmom and Cat4461176 helped me with everything I needed and more. I got the plots built, and began giving them to new builders. After I stopped selling/giving plots away because I started playing slightly less, I waited until the builders went inactive or moved out and renovated the town. (Still working on the town). Shortly after becoming mayor, My ladies gave me permission to use their tools and farms! (they trusted me, as a new mayor and a resident).

As my Mayor life went on, I began making friends, and enemys. My biggest Enemy: Lotto.

Some of the friends I've met along the way.

JBuks AKA Jbucks was one of my first lotto buds. He was the first person I really paid attention to in the lotto. This guy is pretty awesome.

bobbysix6 was my first lotto partner, and he and I won quiet often. He is no longer an ECC member, but was a good friend in my eyes.

revanrose6 This is one of the first mods I met. First time I met her I was a resident. Even told her she wasn't a mod and she couldn't do anything. Alot of things have changed, and we've become pretty good friends. Probably one of the few people in ECC I would trust with all my things. My first actual friend experience with Revan was when she would host PPV events with xpurexcorex in America with their different leather helmet colors as the team identifiers. Now, I check in on her and her projects regularly and hope to maybe become involved in one of them.

@xpurexcorexe Don't know him all that well, but seems pretty cool. Played a few PPV rounds in America with him, and have had some good times in doing so. He also has helped me a few times as a mod.

Delucaco I know only a little about this guy. he has been friendly to me since joining ECC and has had an answer for most the things I've asked him. He once paid me 20k not to bid on a spawn shop (which was kind of hilarious)

blowtube123 Me and this guy had a run in with a spawn shop once. I consider him more of an acquaintance then anything. Ups and downs but over all seems like a decent guy.

zardgyer Probably repaired more of my tools then I will ever be able to do now that I have extcom+ I'm gonna miss this ol' slappable guy repairing my stuff. paid 3k and probably got about 3k repairs. Gotta love this guy. Thanks Zard.

andrewkm Smiled at me once ;)

Shout out to all those builders that helped me with making some farms and laying my town.

mcg1 Shout out to you for listening to me and stopping the begging. It is a pleasure to say I was part of you becoming a strong member of ECC

Lee1104 Pretty cool guy, gotta love his 10 tick lottos

KMaxwell One of the most honest members of ECC I know. Was helpful when I was saving money and she had her Savings company going. (It is still running, so if you need to save money, hit her up)

President Days:

These ones are about to begin as I have an app submitted. I hope this chapter is as great as the last one. 10 months in ECC, and I don't ever want to leave.

Thank you guys for the good times, and the bad. One way or another, there is no quitting ECC. No matter how much you lose, or how much you want to quit... Once an ECC'er always an ECC'er

CHISM_101 Hey bud, move once and awhile ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    there are a total of 462 photos... I just dropped them all into iPhoto. About to spend the next hour of my life looking at minecraft pics! woohoo!

14. chocolatecheese1

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +334
    Yay... I have da longest paragraph... I feel loved...

15. chocolatecheese1

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +334
    The best Mac App ever, tied with WineBottler (Lets you open .exe's on Mac).

16. NameUnknown

NameUnknown Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +31
    JokerBoss99
    Joker, you're awesome! You're the person that introduced me to ecc in the first place and I can never thank you enough for doing that. We had so many great times, like when you came over and we woke up super early to be the firsts to get into the mining world once it reset xD. You have been my irl friend forever, since we were little and it seems ever since all of us quit we haven not talked much. We haven't hung out in weeks and we live right down the street from each other.. I don't want it to be like this, but I just want to thank you for being there and introducing to everyone :)

chocolatecheese1
    Oh gosh its Chocolate(; Ever since Joker introduced us when you guys were skying, we have been friends ever since. You are the best. I remember when You, Joker, and I would go into pvp and all fight together. Well then there would be the occasional hits from joker that would light us on fire xD. We would always die in the end but I always had fun. When we skype there is just a "little" name calling xD but I will never forget it. We should really talk more, but other than that I have shared so many great memories with you.

mcg1
    Mcg, where do I start:p You have been a great friend and I will never forget you. I remember building so many farms with you and skyping all the time.We haven't talked in forever and it sucks.I remember meeting you for the first time and I sure am glad I did because I couldn't ask for a better friend.

Starleana
    Star, You have been an awesome friend and i'm so glad I met you. I remeber sharing all these great times together. I remember when you quit for a while Joker and I were devastated. Then one night some builder came on and griefed your town. I felt so bad. I remember helping tear down houses with Joker, that was fun:p. Star you have great taste in music c: and you have always been there for me. You're like one of my bestfriends and I love how we can just talk about stuff. We havent talked in a while and I dont want that to happen. I just want to thank you for everything you have done :)

17. V6ud

V6ud Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    Good ol' days when you got pork chop and money for voting =) Also the sniping chest very nice event :)

Greetings,

V6ud

18. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +377
    My first 8-or-so hours as a builder
    When I first joined ECC, I did not know about towns or any of that nonsense. So I ran. ALL the way to the EDGE of ecc (at the time) and found a mushroom biome. I decided to make my home here, and dug out a HUGE cavern and filled it with my name in glowstone. (STILL HERE TO THIS DAY ASK FOR TP). Then, through chat, figured out about towns and money and farms and resident. Therefore, I bought a plot in dieselrabbit 's town Flintwood, built a farm, and saved up enough for resident in a single day. While this was going on, I almost got banned trying to help a neighbor of mine not lose his stuff (all resolved with a mod later). the next day, I woke up a resident and moved out of flintwood into Appa, a town by OdysSC2 .

The next 3 days: Resident
    In Appa, I got into even more shenanigans. First, I built a MUCH larger farm and began saving for mayor. but when I was about 40k in I decided to try a better way to make money. So, I realized as a resident I could be made a co-mayor. I noticed a rather large hill in odys's town, and figured (as a newbie would) that if I cleared that super nice looking hill and made plots instead of this nice looking hill he would make me co-mayor (doh). Long story short, I was wrong. However, I had luckily screenshotted the hill beforehand, just in-case, and rebuilt the entire thing by hand. After that fiasco, I farmed to 75k (mayor price at the time) and bought my first town, Aperture.

The next couple weeks: Mayor
    My first official act as mayor was to outline my town in stone half-slabs. which were griefed approximately 2 hours from placement by Tyrany777 as the town had not been processed yet, only applied for (all was forgiven later). anyways, I finally got my town through the app process and built my first house. Plots sold so effectively here, I had the money for President (120k at the time) in just a week and a half. Or atleast, I would have... if not for the "Grief of Our Time" incident. right about two weeks after I got this town, it was massively built with all kinds of awesome all over it. potion shops, a Companion Cube, a huge mall with Diamond and Gold flooring. It was glorious. And suddenly, queue my sadness. A group of approximately 5 members of the town had been trying ot get each other into my town to grief it. AND BOY DID THEY. There was approximately seven hundred thousand eco-dollars in damages/lost blocks (most of this was in diamond and gold blocks from the mall) (700k back then, much more now). Now, simultaeneusly, some kind of log failure happened and the ENTIRE log system was lost, including ALL of the grief done to my town and citizens. This means not only did we have no idea who did it (at the time, we figured it out later) but this 700k loss could not be rolled back. I ended up spending a lot of my personal ECD to get people in my town back the majority of what they lost, which is why it took me longer to get president. But eventually we got there, and I purchased my next town: BlackMesa

The Presidential Month

As a president, I decided my next official plan was to become a Moderator. During the weeks leading up to this, I played INFINITE spleef with zoolouie zardgyer Da_Tirtow and many others I am sure I am forgetting. Man, we did that junk ALL THE TIME. so much fun. In addition, if I remember right, sometime around this time RyanJF1 joined my town as a builder or resident (correct me if I am wrong). so, I submitted my Mod Application, thinking it was SO GOOD I would surely get picked first try! right? lolNope.jpg. It took three more rounds of mod picks (all consecutive, unsure why, maybe we needed a lot of mods at the time) but eventually I was picked, and queue the best time of my life.

7 Months of Moderation
    When I first became a mod, I had no idea what to do. I just kind of hung out and told people not to spam, just watching the other mods and seeing how they handled stuff. This was about the same time that Unknownrider became the Terror of Mining World (original Mining World had PvP enabled) and sitomo stole everyone's sword forever with no risk to himself (like a boss). meanwhile, BRYCEY365 and Limsy365 ruined everyone's days with splash damage potions (and a bunch of other stuff besides). I joined the Brotherhood with my skills of Archery (I used to be mctop for archery :p) and pwned some faces, but still no one could challenge Unknown (3point14mp came MUCH later). We also found UnserSpawn during this time (HA LOL NEWBIES DON'T KNOW WHAT UNDERSPAWN IS). Eventually, I got used to modding, and developed my own "style" of moderation that I still think is the best to this day, despite it taking a bunch more work than standard modding. I felt it was more rewarding as a staff member as well. you see, I did not necessarily follow the guidelines of moderation back in those days. rather than having a black and white, right or wrong look at the world of ECC, I could see the grey in-between. In many cases, this lead to two (or more) happy members of ECC continuing to have fun on the server, possibly even friends with each other now, rather than one just being banned because he did something considered wrong by the server rules. (I do not mean to put down any other mods methods etc etc just talking about my own and how I happened to like the way I did things). but eventually, on the eve of my being promoted to SuperMod (as told to me by some supermod, I forget who), I resigned. there were some very good reasons for this, let it suffice (staff ask skylexia or unknownrider if you want to know) that I will not be getting into. During this time, I had a ton of fun in staff chat with Skylexia and kukelekuuk00 (even if I was sometimes mortified lol) and all the others (not tagging unknown twice but that guy too). It was the best time of my life.

The Great Waffle Incident
    This happened while I was a mod, but it deserved its own section. So, one day, while looking at who was currently on our forums, I noticed that there was a user called 'Google(BOT)'. So, curious, I looked into this curious thing and figured out it was a bot by google that checks the topic of the website by analyzing the amount of times certain words appear on the site and thus giving us specialized ads for our website. Otherwise known as Google adsense. Inevitably, I wanted to figure out if you could "trolll" the bot into thinking a minecraft website was about something else. So, I attempted (and nearly succeeded) to get EVERY person on ECC to change their signature to have the word "Waffles" in it so that EVERY post on ECC would have the word "Waffles" in it, thus increasing it above any other noun-word on the server and getting Google Adsense to advertise waffles to our server. It was glorious, and we had at least 3 confirmed sightings of waffle/breakfast food ads on our website. Later, waffles morphed into a moderation tool. You see, whenever I (or another staff member) would mention waffles in chat, EVERYONE starting talking about waffles (and later, waffles vs pancakes >:O when obviously waffles are the best) . So, the staff (myself and Skylexia mainly) began using this as a tool to change the subject whenever it got onto something we didn't want in chat (i.e. banned users, religion, flame wars etc) we simply said something along the lines of "So, about them waffles" and the entire community overrode the other conversation and did our job peacefully for us. (in fact, this became so effective Skylexia made a post about official "Moderation Waffles" and had new staff get "Licenses" to use the method lol). and now you know why I am Sir Waffle, and why Waffles will ALWAYS be my favorite :)

Everything After
    afterwards, I had a long period of inactivity, but have come back somewhat in the present time. pbrassat17 and annyonion have become some of best friends on this server, and I have great fun hanging out with annyon or playing SG with Pb (& wafuls). I look forward to the many new people I will meet, and the many old friends I can still hang out with on this server.

Thanks for the memories ECC, you were (and are) the greatest!
    -Waffles <3

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #38 rabidworm, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  19. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
  20. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +377
    are dutch pancakes those super thin ones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.