Rising is Rising! + a look back at 3 years of EcoCityCraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OnSceneReporter, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +515
    Also my builder/resident days in TMW with lavajok. Those were some fun times in my 10x10 plot with a pretty nice house for that time... also with my 3 lower level farms that were pretty derpy but I got it done. When you guys were digging some giant hole and I do not know why.

2. chocolatecheese1

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +334
    Why dont i get the longest paragraph??!! ARE YOU SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP??!!!

3. NameUnknown

NameUnknown Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +31
    0.0 xD

4. StoneIronZ

StoneIronZ Builder

Ratings:
    +235
    was this mine?:p

5. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    Standby for RISING

6. ZCSolstice

ZCSolstice Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +431
    I JUST got the 85k for mayor! I feel so relieved! :D

7. iorbit

iorbit Builder

Ratings:
    +187
    Congrats :)

8. KillerkongPro

KillerkongPro Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +43
    Even though I've only been on ECC for about 17 months, I've still had some great times and memories here. Dating back to the times where the mining world was Res + only and PVP, and fish and diamond ore were both worth $100, and I would look in the chat and occasionally see auctions of eff 5 axes/pickaxes reach prices like 250k-500k.

I remember way back when I was a builder, I never talked. I was just focused with making the money I needed at the time. And with that, there;s nothing else I can really say about my builder times :/ (although I really do regret not talking at all. I would really love to see a screenshot of me talking as a builder or a resident).

And speaking of resident, I remember when producerNL gave my a plot in his town, and I tried farming... it didn't go so well. I could have gotten mayor because I had so much money as a builder, but I went on an enchanting rampage, trying to get Eff 4 silk touch 1 unbreaking 3's because at the time they sold for 15k each. so yeah.

Mayor was sort of a blur to me so I can't really recall it. I do remember I was in the mining world when I became mayor, and I didn't see that I had gotten it, and my money was gone, and I kept telling people I wasn't mayor. "I'm not mayor though! I'm still a..." "Oh wait, I am a mayor XD". Then I remember fishing for diamonds with 12345shane (and yes, I did love fishing for diamonds). Being a lonely mayor, I was looking for friends and hoping to look for a way to fish and make friends at the same time.

When I was a president, I remember teaming up with zardgyer and Jetscat and entering a firework competition back in december 2012. Then we got to launch all the fireworks at the ECC spawn and it was a magnificent show that lasted a few minutes long. We won and got to split the prizes and I got a free $15 gift card and got multihome . It's still the only donation I have.

I'm still living my tycoon days now, and I've met new friends and talked to old ones. Projects have gotten bigger, and bigger. And I still reminisce about my "old days".

Then Came my two towns. My first town (Mongicia) was a complete failure. it looked terrible, I didn't know how to moderate a town, and long story short, I had to forget about the town. Then came Kongermark, my only successful town. I remember making the stone 200 by 200 ground one piece at a time, and designing/rebuilding the castle I have at the spawn (it's an old build I made in 1.8 beta) and the fun I had doing it. Then some of the people I've given plots to have made great friendships with. AnotherBrother was a mayor when I first met him. I gave him a plot in my town, and we've been friends ever since. I remember him becoming president, and then tycoon. LegendaryTrio was another. Even though I can't say I encountered you a lot back then, but I still remember some of the details. I specifically remember Danekris and the several people he had hired to edit his house, and I had to add everyone, and delete everyone ;). Rachel8484 was in my town, but never really was. She sort of shared a plot with Captain_Ares. She would tell me people had griefed her, but there was nothing I could do, considering she was outside the town. Then there's mattgdream. Sadly, he's turned inactive and I can easily say he was one of the best friends I've had on the server. The people I've mentioned (besides Captain_Ares, and Mattgdream) are the only people who are still active that lived in Kongermark. And all I want to say is... Long Live Kongermark!

Then came my first minewars with Anotherbrother, and it was all so new to me (this was a while ago). Before I knew it, I was drinking a fire resistant potion, and I swam through the lava. Blocks were changing, people were running and dying and mining, all I knew was that I was mining and that was all. It was a fantastic time.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to thank everyone on the server for the wonderful 17 months. You all are still making it a joy to play on the server. I hope I meet new players, make new and great fiends, and stay on for another few years!

#48 KillerkongPro, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  9. Rachel8484

Rachel8484 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,211
    I had a double post issue.

10. KillerkongPro

KillerkongPro Builder

Ratings:
    +43
    Oh ok XD I've always wondered about that.

11. Rachel8484

Rachel8484 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,211
    lol okay. It's all fixed now :)

12. Sputnick587

Sputnick587 Builder

Ratings:
    +276
    The time when SeaNanners came on the server.

13. KillerkongPro

KillerkongPro Builder

Ratings:
    +43
    Did he really? When was that?

14. skittlesbanana

skittlesbanana Builder

Ratings:
    +55
    My journey began in late August, 2013. I remember joining the server, and had nothing to do but explore. I noticed the survival games. I quickly joined an arena. I WON!!! I was so proud of myself, but I knew I had to keep going. I walked around, and noticed all of the amazing builds. I decided, that this, was going to be, the server I played on. I feel that I was very lucky on my first day. I asked for a plot. thomasku11 , the best mayor in the world, replied. He offered me a plot by the woods in his town, Lawrence. I hated it. I asked for a plot by the water. He brought me along the shore, looking for a place for me to stay. Then, he found me a spot. Located near the town portal! He told me 2k for the plot. I declined. I offered 1k. He said 1.7k. I said 1.1k. After going back and forth, we finally settled on $1.2k. Over the first night, I planted 3 oak trees, and surrounded my land with fence. I logged off until the next day.
    When I came on the next day, I met someone else in the town (I forgot his name). But he was very nice. He showed me his home, giving me inspiration. I then walked around, and found a shop. It had yellow clay, that was the only building material it had. So, I bought a lot of it. I then was off to build my first home. I wanted horses, so I left the bottom floor as a horse pen. The built on top of that. I finally bought my first horse 2 weeks later. I was really excited! However, I did not have diamond horse armor. thomasku11 then came over and offered it to me (I think I got it from him for 1k but something is telling me he gave it to me for free). Finally, I finished my home. I told thomasku11 and he told me he liked it. He told his friend. His friend came and reviewed it. They told me they saw potential. From that moment in my ECC career, I was so excited! This was because thomasku11 was an amazing builder.
    thomasku11 has helped me from day 1. He has always been there for me. Motivating me to keep going. This brings me to the time when he offered me to become the Mayor of PunchTown. I was so excited, that I quickly accepted. However, I was still [Builder] so I could not be added as mayor. I was a member until a week after. When I saved up for resident, it took me a few days to receive it after applying. When I finally got it, I yelled! I quickly PMed thomasku11 once he came online. He added me to PunchTown as a mayor! Then, he invited me to the his party chat! He told me that in his party chat, there was no fooling around. I promised him I wouldn't fool around and he let me join! I was so happy!
    Soon after this, I got into the top 10 in sg stats! I was amazed but knew I had to keep going. #8, #7, #6, #5, #4, #3, #2, and then I stopped (due to georgie)! However, I was the top player without kits. Today, I am rank #4-6 (I'm not sure).
    Next, I saved up $75k to get my first donation feature. I got Unlimited LWCs (NO REGRETS)! From then on, I locked EVERYTHING!!!
    Shortly after that, I wanted to get [Mayor]. However, I could never save up due to my lotto addiction. So, I turned to loan from a really good friend (now my ECC brother), Exilenela . He told me I had to pay him back in 2 weeks or he would get mad. So I agreed. I applied for mayor and got my first town of my own, TimeSquare, the next day! I started placing dirt immediately. After 1 week, I placed all the dirt by myself. I began building. However, not making any profit. So, I relied on SG to pay Exilenela back.
    1 month later, I already had a lot of buildings in my town. I owned, an office in Las Vegas, a hotel + 2 more plots in Lawrence, and 4 horses! I wanted more! I bought a vault from thomasku11 , unlimited building perms in Cosmos, Prot 4 armor, and much more!
    I am working on saving up for President to get my own Rising town which I will make a 200x200 farm, once I get fly, after I get extracommands+, which is after I purchase my own Eff 7 Pickaxe. So I have a lot to look forwards to in my future career in Rising!

15. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I remember when the world had like 12 towns on it but that was before the like 5 different world respawns...

16. Danekris

Danekris Builder

Ratings:
    +32
    I love(d) being resident in your town KillerkongPro, I still have my anvilshop there and I use it frequently.

17. mattgdream

mattgdream Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Literally just saw this xD why am I crying in the club rn

18. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,433
    Thread Locked: 3 Year Necro.

https://ecocitycraft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Rules#Section_10_-_General_Forum_Rules

As quoted:
    • There is to be no "necroing" of threads, which includes the following criteria:
      • Bumping a thread that has not been posted on in over 2 weeks, unless the content of the thread has become relevant to be opened for discussion again.
      • Bumping a thread that has not been posted on in over a week in order to flame, troll, or cause a problem.

#58 Ozzyblack21, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.