Accepted SG, The new map, and things to fix.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Conorx, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Minecraft Name:
    Conorx
    Suggestion:
    Numerous things.

1. The map size.

The map currently is far too large for the playerbase we have on SG. Some games are lasting up to 20 minutes out of no reason but troll just constantly hiding and running. The map looks amazing (@jmichael214) but i think it should be reduced in size.

2. The sparsity of chests.
    There is too little chests for the map size. I understand that it is new and chest routes are yet to be figured out, but it seems there is unison from the community that the sparse and symmetrical chests aren't a good idea, purely due to routes.

3. The places to fall from.
    Everything is so high up. You can fall from anywhere and die instantly with no warning. I understand that we may need to just be more careful but it has gotten to a point of ridiculousness. The kit hunter perk is practically pointless, as generally you will be led to a spot which is directly above or below the player, rendering it useless.

4. The lack of enchanting/crafting tables.
    If you look at every SG map we had, there was always at least one crafting and enchanting table at each spawn. Please add them back, its imperative to non kit games to get an easy advantage. If not, please remove the likes of enchant bottles from chests as they're completely pointless.

5. The repetitiveness of one map.
    While i completely understand that one arena was a good idea, it gets repetitive and boring to see the same map all the time. Why not include a rotation, maybe a random selection of maps from the previous four maps and the current one?
    Reason:
    Myself and other SG players have spoken about this and all feel that these five things need to be attended to.
    Other Information:
    N/A
    Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
  3. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    And probably also change the fact that 1 SG win = 1 point to each person that you kill = 1 point because there's only one SG map... And other people such as Builders and all can't win, but they may get kills in the game, but they get nothing from it except "350$". But, thats just my statement on this

4. iTzXtremeGaming

iTzXtremeGaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +1,706
  5. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Before you read further -- I am not staff, and I am not a developer. I don't make decisions for the server, and any suggestions I make are treated exactly the same as anyone else's. I have no idea whether the map will be adjusted, but here are my thoughts:

There are a number of ways the map could be adjusted to lower the number of routes through the map, without altering its overall size (which is exactly the same as at least one of the old maps). For example, the eight "outbuildings" in the four outer areas could be closed off and turned into scenery, and so on. Many areas of the map could be closed off with relatively simple changes. A valid point has been made that while the land area of the map is similar to old maps, the number of levels really multiplies it in a way I hadn't really thought about.

You need to explore more. There are 100 chests on the map, and many of them are double chests. You just haven't found them yet. At least one expert player, who played a lot of games the first day and explored thoroughly, has commented that there are actually too MANY chests. For example, there are apparently 16 chests which can be reached from spawn on a route that only takes forty seconds.

Risk of death is an element of SG. Also, if you haven't discovered the ways you can fall on purpose as an escape, and live without even being injured, you need to explore more. There are a lot of spots where you can jump without being killed, and they are there on purpose. Also, since you said everything is high up, you might want to explore downward from the spawn (although see "map is too large").

This was a mistake on my part, and it's my understanding that two of each are going to be added soon.

Hmmm ... building more maps ... pardon me for a second (runs off to build another one).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #5 jmichael214, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. jmichael214

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Incidentally, I also want to add that I would like to hear about everything that is right AND wrong with this map. Building huge things is the part of MC I enjoy, and I might very well try another map just for fun. That's exactly where this one came from.

7. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    The size issue it with the length of game, not the chest routes etc.

I can assure you, myself and my friends know of all the chests. Its the symmetrical design that flaws it. Your route should not be available 4 different ways, its just unfair.

plz yes we love you

On a serious note though, the map is quite aesthetic, its just suggested changes we wanted to put forward. The issue with the chests is that a good few people follow the same route incidentally, as all for sides of the map are exactly the same.

Keep it up tho, build us 10 more maps for the new year and we'll be happy as an SG community.

8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Correct me if I'm wrong but SG is a frozen feature. AKA, no more updates according to Jamie

9. iTzXtremeGaming

iTzXtremeGaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +1,706
  10. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
  11. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
  12. jmichael214

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    That's a good point.

13. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Crafting table and enchanting table now at spawn

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Marking this as accepted. We have made all the changes we are willing to make to this map, as well as to the amount of maps at this time.
    After the SG competition, we will look into adding another map so we always have two to choose from.

Further more we have re-enabled death match and pushed a potential fix to the void issue to speed up the end-games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.