Stolen Valor

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Primzey, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Primzey

Primzey Optimus Prim
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +133
    Hello Fellow ECC Players,

It has come to my attention that Stolen Valor goes beyond In real life incidents, It has made its way to the world of online gaming, Including Minecraft. I find it absolutely absurd that someone would lie about being in the Armed Forces. Being as I am personally in the Military (USN), this is unacceptable, if you see anyone lying about being in the Military, bring it to this forum or my attention. It should not be accepted and I am appalled that people are now doing it over a social world. Thank you for your time.

-Sean.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. accusolHD

accusolHD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +71
    Honestly,
    The fact that someone is using Stolen Valor to trick kids into believing him is sad. The fact that you have to lie about being in the navy on a COMPUTER game just makes me think different about this world. We all know who this is about and he can keep getting caught in his lies but we all know he's a fake. The only people that are believing him are the young children and hes taking advantage of it. I appreciate you making this thread @Primzey and getting it spread to everyone.

Thanks you for your service @Primzey & stay safe buddy!

(ban the phony's)

3. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    Well, just FYI, bring it to this thread would be slander. As for the most part is unprovable also. It's also only illegal if you are claiming certain awards not being a vet or military member itself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2013

I'm a veteran of the US Army. I don't approve of people pretending to be military but I stand for Freedom, and that includes freedom to be a jerk and piss all over the US Constitution with their free speech. So though I certainly don't APPROVE of it, and would certainly not condone it or be part of any scam, I would simply ignore the person and warn my friends about the phoney in private conversation.

BUT this is all VERY unprovable. Can you PROVE I was or was not an Army veteran?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    As @stigarose said above, you cannot prove stolen valor of someone online like this. I see your reason very well though for trying to stop people from stealing things such as this, but online, it's almost impossible to prove something. Me myself can prove that I am in the Milton Lewis Young Marines I have several things, my certificates of graduation from basic training and Junior Leadership school. I also have my uniforms and all of my 27 ribbons to go along with it as well as my rank (Young Marine Sargent).

One way to prove something could be to ask them questions about their time in service and see if it's truthful as you being a soldier in the military it would be simple since you understand the certain complications of this all. I would not be as worried and just ignore it like @stigarose said and eventually it will catch up to them.

Also, shouldn't this go in the off topic section staff??

5. accusolHD

accusolHD Builder

Ratings:
    +71
    @purplelegoender @stigarose Primzey talked to Clarinet before posting this thread. It's only considered slander if we direct it at someone.. that's why we don't directly tag him. Primzey asked him easy questions such as what does PFC mean after he told us he's a private first class... and he didn't know the answer and leaves discord. We know theres no way to prove it but this was the point of this thread so all ECC users know about this and it's up to you if you want to keep hanging around with him. Constant lies gets annoying you know. We talked to Staff and it's not enforcable because there is no way to prove it so we just want to tell you guys not to believe this certain person if he ever tells you some sort of story about his life. RIP

6. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    @accusolHD I do appreciate being aware of fakes, but:
    is specifically asking us to bring it to this forum which IS directing at someone if someone were to actually do so. This is all I'm saying. If it's the builder on earlier today using racial slurs and spamming I doubt anyone would even care they're military or not...but if it's a mayor+ then I'd be surprised. I've not heard of anyone looking for handouts because of their military background.

7. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
  8. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
  9. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    After reading this thread I'm not yet completely sure what this is about... what exactly would the advantage of doing something like this be, both in general and specifically for Minecraft/ECC?

10. Primzey

Primzey Optimus Prim

Ratings:
    +133
    Kids are gullible.

11. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Yes, your right. Even though kids are so believing/susceptible in anything that is told to them, why should it be an exact problem? I understand stealing identity is serious, but as far as Eco City Craft goes, you cannot seriously enforce false valor toward a user when you know nothing about them. Even if you do test them, you cannot prove exactly that they are/where in the military. Even if you do, what could you do with the information at hand? My point is, you cannot enforce something that is so difficult to prove, even with the proper information needed against them.
    -purplelegoender

12. accusolHD

accusolHD Builder

Ratings:
    +71
    @purplelegoender I'll say it again. We know it's not enforcable [ we would've made this a complaint if it was]. We just want to be human beings and explain what is happening. Would you want to interact with a guy that can't tell one true sentence? It's annoying when all these gullible kids are easily persuaded by this kid. We are just making it aware to the ECC players to not be so gullible..

13. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    I am still confused, though - where exactly is the difference between 'general' lying and being dishonest about specifically this?

14. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    If a man cannot tell a simple true sentence, then what is there to believe from anyone? Everyone tells a lie, but what is the point of notifying a community of someone going around spreading lies if you cannot put a stop to it? It is good that you want to warn the members about something such as this, but how are you going to find the difference between those who are saying false things and those speaking the truth?

I mean honestly, their are ways to fake everything, one could simply just look all that they need to know about a certain subject up and they're good. This kid, whoever was speaking of this may of simply not known what PFC (Private first class) was and just knew of the initials of it, though it's highly impossible if you've studied the ranks and taken the test for the promotion. If you just went by one simple question, then that's honestly not enough to prove that they where lieing about they're rank and title.

#14 purplelegoender, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  15. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I believe being dishonest was specifically aimed toward simply stealing identity and false valor to where General lying is just spreading false statements that people believe because they trust them. Not exactly sure if theirs any real difference in between the two of them though they are very alike, one slightly stronger than that of the other.

16. ElChapoJrr

ElChapoJrr EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +88
  17. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    They aren't medals, they are Ribbons. Big difference between the two of them in the military.

18. Primzey

Primzey Optimus Prim

Ratings:
    +133
    You're in the military?

#18 Primzey, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  19. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I'm in the Young Marines, Similar to ROTC

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Moved to off-topic as this really has nothing to do with ECC. (Redirect link will expire in 1 day)

#20 andrewkm, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016