Strongpelt's tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by strongpelt, Feb 5, 2017.

1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Strongpelt's tips and tricks
    Work in progress.
    This thread will just have some tips and tricks I've learned while playing EcoCityCraft.

Loans
    I'm going to start with loan's first, which I did do at one point. I'm by no means an expert on this topic though. My tips will mostly be on making sure you've covered yourself if you need to make a complaint.

First, I highly recommend making a screenshot folder labeled 'Loans' And then making a separate folder inside that folder for every person you loan to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This will make it immensely easy to keep track of everything should you need it at a later date.
    Number one rule of loaning: Screenshot Everything.

By everything i mean the following:

The initial deal, making sure to include the amount of money and who its being loaned to with the agreed time frame.

The agreement, which is the person agreeing to pay you back within the time frame and anything else that was in your deal.

Also make sure to have in the screenshots how they are going to pay it back, it might not be necessary but can keep the risk of people getting confused down. Make sure to screenshot you telling them how to pay you back.

Reminders, this is one people don't think about. If you send them reminders screenshot those too! You can't have too much evidence after all. I recommend sending reminders through in game mail.

Next, you want to make sure to do a background check.
    Try searching for their username in this thread: https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/feedback-loans-and-lending.55969/
    Remember, it's your responsibility to ensure you trust your money with the correct users. Staff can't give you your money back if your scammed. Yes they can punish the scammer but your money will most likely be gone for good. Make sure to leave feedback on the users you lend to so others will know!

The last thing I want to put in your mind is payback methods. There are a few ways the user can pay you back.
    First method is Sign's. You make signs with payment increments, usually with the weekly payment requirement. This method works well as it ensures no one has to time their log in to meet up with each other.

The next is through the forums. This only works if you have forum premium of course. This method also makes sure both participants don't need to be online for payment to be completed.

The last method is of course meeting up in game and just using the /pay command. This is highly discouraged in my opinion though as you need both parties to be online for it to work.

This is all my advice for loaning.

Feature buying

My advice for both sides of this risky transaction process is to always get a mod to middleman. That's pretty much the only way to make it less risky. Yes you can use in game contracts and forum contracts and screenshot everything but once again it's your responsibility to ensure you find a trustworthy person to buy from/sell to. Mod's are usually always up to middle man a transaction.
    Please remember something though: Make sure you work out all the details before you grab the mod. The mod should really only be there for ten minutes or less if everything goes right. When they arrive they will ask whose selling the features and what the price is. Then someone pays the mod the money and the money gets delivered after the feature is bought and shows up.

Also remember if you bought a feature and something goes wrong and its not showing up after 20 minutes to forum pm Andrew. You'll need the receipt number from one of the two emails you get (if you go through paypal) Make sure to keep the emails until after the feature arrives.

That's about it for features.

More to come later! I will add more tips/tricks when i have more time. For now enjoy the ones here already.

• Winner x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 strongpelt, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. flubber2weed4

flubber2weed4 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    "Ey yah" - lil uzi. Thanks for the tips! You know we all love the tip :D >:D. :eek:

3. Potatoz4u

Potatoz4u Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks, I have a business named Potato Loans. This helped a lot.

4. sliprockjr

sliprockjr Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +31
    awww I have a folder ( I know its not special but I feel special)

5. swilling236

swilling236 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150