The EcoCity Times (weekly)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bmanvman, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848

Volume 1. Issue 1. Sept 2nd. 2017​

The Ecocity Times

Published by Bmanvman

The Start of Something New

Written by Bmanvman

Many of you know that there have been multiple attempts at making a weekly ECC newspaper. A lot have failed but we have had a few successful ones. For those of you that remember there was a user who had a weekly newspaper that was successful for several months. I am hoping to now be the new “reporter” of all ECC news. Whether it be promoting user towns, businesses, or just ECC news in general I hope to put it all on one page so that everyone can read it without having to search everywhere for it on the forums. I am looking for people who would like to write articles, interview users, and search for the best and most recent ECC news. I will be having little competitions each week. For sure the weekly competitions will be crossword puzzle and town of the week. These will all start next week as this week is just to get feedback about what YOU guys want. Thanks again and hope everyone likes this and it goes well.

The Skyblock Hype

Written by Bmanvman

For months now we have all been awaiting the arrival of our new game mode “sky block”. Ever since acquiring the server AEM our lead developer Jamiesinn and server founder andrewkm have been hard at work building the new game mode. While we had some ETA due to personal IRL issues this project is still being worked on and should be released soon. Personally, I am looking forward to the new arrival of sky block. I have been on ECC for over 4 years and SG has been our only mini game since I have been around. I think this could not only bring new players in but could also bring back some old players who have been looking for a change on the server. Give me your thoughts in comments down below! All info can be found at https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/skyblock-information-thread.168140/.

The Quick Beat

Written by Bmanvman

If you would like to apply to be a writer or help with the newspaper here is the app:
    IGN:
    Why do you want to help with the newspaper?:
    Do you have any experience with newspapers/newsletters?:
    Can you send me a short example of your writing?:
    Any additional info:

Next week we will start the weekly competitions please let me know and give feedback below in the comments if you would like anything added!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #1 Bmanvman, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. Ian__D

Ian__D æ
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,679
    IGN: Ian__D
    Why do you want to help with the newspaper?: Interviews, writing, etc.
    Do you have any experience with newspapers/newsletters?: Yes, I did one before about 2 years ago, it was called the ECC Sentinel
    Can you send me a short example of your writing?: Check out my staff app its pretty sweet
    Any additional info: No

3. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    IGN: @lambieplays
    Why do you want to help with the newspaper?: I always have loved writing, and I would love to help you make the ECC paper!
    Do you have any experience with newspapers/newsletters?: Yes I do.
    Can you send me a short example of your writing?: Ok! Will send you it over forum. :D
    Any additional info: Thank you for mentioning me! :D

4. green_tiger77

green_tiger77 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
    IGN: green_tiger77
    Why do you want to help with the newspaper?: Newspapers are fun and I don't see a lot here on ECC
    Do you have any experience with newspapers/newsletters?: I am helping @Red_Pandaz_13 with one
    Can you send me a short example of your writing?: I'll send it via forum pm
    Any additional info: I might write it in a book and quill just like I do with @Red_Pandaz_13

5. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Id apply but I know my fufture self is to lazy :p

6. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    IGN: Xboyfernz
    Why do you want to help with the newspaper?: Because I'm a natural journalist
    Do you have any experience with newspapers/newsletters?: I read the sunday times every sunday and I've done a short article on the panda chronicle
    Can you send me a short example of your writing?:
    Yeah it's in yellow
    As you are all aware some of us have been eagerly waiting for the skyblock release. It will transform our way of playing ecocitycraft and can develop to be something that assists the server into becoming a Immense sensation once again. We also know that sg at some point will be removed for a new kit pvp mini-game which has some mixed reactions in the ECC community. Kits from sg will be transferred over to Kit pvp. We all know that kit pvp can be either a success or a failure, but so far we a waiting to hear about what is going to happen. Here are some tips you could use to help you in the skyblock when it does come to light in the server.
    Any additional info:
    Do we get paid or it free work either way I don't mind

#6 xboyfernz, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  7. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848

You guys are all accepted ill pm u about it later