The Value of Pistons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AriusX, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AriusX

AriusX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that pistons have been removed from the server. The block duplication glitch was resolved in 1.7.3 . I'd like this thread to be a list of the technical problems with pistons. My thinking is, if we can determine all the problems with pistons, and resolve those problems, pistons can make a comeback. Let me know.

2. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    the problems with pistons are the fact that they can destroy locked signs, block, doors and trapdoors and most likely more things that need to be fixed by the bukkit crew and plugin developers.

3. AriusX

AriusX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Those are all good issues. Signs are easy. First, destroying someone's sign would be greifing. Second, users can further protect signs with obsidian. Third, LWC now protects protected objects, just not the surrounding objects. I could dig a sign out as easily as use a piston. LWC had piston-destruction issues fixed on Aug 17th https://github.com/Hidendra/LWC/issues/51.

Pistons don't destroy blocks, signs, doors, etc. Not anymore. I suggest a new rank: Engineer. An engineer can place both types of pistons. This will have a twofold effect. First, there will be a list of all the people who can place pistons. If a piston-related greifing problem arises, it won't take long to resolve. Second, it will create a new rank, attainable through donation or eco-cash, to raise funds for the server. A rank is only worth having if there's something to get. Pistons add a whole new depth to MC. I'd buy "Engineer" before "Pilot".

4. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    engineer would be just another rank that is mostly useless.

5. AriusX

AriusX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe. Water is made available through donations, why not apply the same reasoning to pistons? All the ranks are mostly useless, they're for fun.

6. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    then make a suggestion in the suggestion forums.