Denied Too many blocked idems/ costly features.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YTN1112, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YTN1112

YTN1112 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    This has been a problem for a while. These features are costing so much, and so many things are blocked, that people are leaving faster than people are joining. Not everyone has the money for features, and I am afraid, if something is not done, in a few years, this server may shutdown for good if ECC does not do something about it. Many other servers offer cheaper prices, and they are running much better than ECC does.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    EHH there is a lot more to this when i get the time il type a response or maybe make a new suggestion lol.

#2 jwpwns, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Lol buy feats with in game money
    "Hardcore Economy"

4. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I don’t like it either, but I’ve learned to live with it. I don’t like that I can’t place water, but it’s not seriously messing my gameplay. I can’t pick up or drop lava, or use flint and steel, but this is an economy server. In the end it doesn’t effect game play so much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  5. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Dont have time to type wut i want to atm but

I have seen this many times.

Imagine your a new player you join you look around then realize we charge for water charge for lava charge for tp ect. When most servers now in days dont then you look at the features and see that they are way over priced for example $60 for fly when it should really be $40 or so aswell as we have features like +++++ getting a little crazy. If you are able to get past that now you go to build u realize Etables are disabled anvils u got to pay to use cactus,beacons ECT ECT things like that i know we will never have pistons and hoppers i agree with that. After all that being a new person Why stay? when i can go elsewhere and play with a bunch more people where more things are available. Ecc needs to keep up with the times currently we are not. This is the main reason the player count is what it is today we can not keep new players. Also my opinion skyblock and the other potential servers it will only help a little i find more people looking for non hub/network servers because everyone has it ecc use to be unique if we can fix the main server we can get back to where we where quite easy.

#5 jwpwns, Oct 13, 2017
  6. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    I disagree.
    ECC is supposed to be an economy based server, and in a real economy some people have better access to exclusive opportunities than others. This allows for specialization and player trading that would not be present if every player were given the same access to features. Your statement that ECC will shutdown is unlikely - the server's been around for six years and has had the same donation feature policy as it does now. I believe features are well-priced for what they offer and the money it costs to purchase these features is worth the value of the features. It's no hard to earn cash in real life, and if you have trouble coming to terms that then you're going to have trouble in game as well.

Inequality boosts the economy, we're not going to shut down, go mow some lawns

7. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Real economy? What a capitalist pig!
    not really <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #7 12345shane, Oct 13, 2017
  8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628

Yes this thinking worked back then.. not now our player count is terrible little to no new people more players= more fun. Also no one is saying we will shut down any time soon. However we are dying yes thats a fact we are a 6+ year old server in order to keep this awesome community alive we need to change our ways so we can get more players times have changed the server has not it can still be hardcore economy with modified features ect many options available.

#8 jwpwns, Oct 13, 2017
  9. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Yep, we have to pay server bills. Server costs money to keep up, we need a way to pay for it.

They're due to breaking the game, being possible to abuse in grief, or something that breaks the gamemode/existing feature.

I'd like to see your numbers on this.
    You can buy features with in game money via another player.

Highly doubt that.
    Because they treat players like they are a credit card number to suck money from and nothing else. We care about our community first and foremost.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  10. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder

Ratings:
    +1,219
    People can still grief with water and lava anyway, it doesn't deter people with the feature from doing so. Not sure what you mean here.

Today I logged on and the playercount was 14. I think what the gentlemen was meaning is self explanatory.

Again, like I said above, the playercount is low, everyones noticing it. If it keeps dipping, I can't see andrew forking out cash for a few players.

Isn't there really two servers? AEM and ECC? I don't understand that since we took over AEM, there hasn't really been a boost in the player count. It seems a lot of them haven't stuck around.

People like me and the OP don't mean to be pesimistic, were voicing our concerns because we love ECC. I don't play that often and just pop in to say hello no and then, but I do wish I had more time to play on the server. Its a great community and is a place where I have invested a lot of my time and money. So, please don't think we're moaning, we're only concerned.

11. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    So your saying after 6+ years we burnt throughout all the donation money? that we still need to overcharge for features i can understand when the server was first starting first few years but not now.

They're due to breaking the game, being possible to abuse in grief, or something that breaks the gamemode/existing feature

Some of the things we block no longer break the game or are blocked for dumb reasons. The whole ooh we charge for water and lava because people can grief ect is total bullshit always was if someone wants to grief they are going to find a way to do it lol its not hard.

I'd like to see your numbers on this.

Off peak is 9-20 peak is 55 players max with barely any new people what other numbers do you need.....

Highly doubt that

Player base is dropping every day and consist of older players like me stupid enough to hang around like Vintage said we care about the server and want to see it grow again and become as epic as it once was. But if we keep this up ecc will never be what it use to be and yes eventually ecc will crap out it is a shame that we let such a great long lasting server/community get to this point. It could easily be what it once was with some changes.

Edit: AAAh phone wont let me quote right rip:p

#11 jwpwns, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  12. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    For water and lava, griefing with them is grounds for removal of the feature. Things like when the anvil was added had to be added to extcmd+ because /repair would be useless otherwise.

We're aware of this, but there's nothing I personally can do without andrew to launch the new features/gamemodes.
    Andrew has had a really horrible set of events IRL lately, and that's been a major block in the road for us. No one can control IRL and I'm sure you guys know that.

They're currently waiting for us to launch skyblock. VMR is likely going to bring back quite a bit of players, but again, andrew's had not so great luck with IRL situations lately, and that's the setbacks.

You have no idea how much the server costs to run. Think tens of thousands per year.

Then how do you propose we refund the hundreds if not thousands of players who paid for it? Make a suggestion of what to do with it.

I understand your concerns, but the constant delays aren't really something we can control, and I'm sorry that things have been taking so long.

13. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628

@JamieSinn Yes i realize andrew is having some issues we all have our ups and downs but 1 thing i do not understand is why everything stops for him? what happens if he gets hit by a bus 1 day lol does ecc instantly die ? if you understand what i am getting at.. why do you/other people need him to do anything ? idk how it works are you not able to do things yourself?

AS for donation feature related things people will just have to get over it its a donation its for the better of the server im sure they will understand lol we keep adding features and making the hole deeper.

#13 jwpwns, Oct 18, 2017
  14. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    Exactly; in the end the money is a donation to the server with a side perk of being able to do something that isn’t able to do. $15 isn’t that much, especially when you are still able to do what you paid for, so really you arent losing anything.

15. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Then people will be like, "why didn't he have to pay and I did?!" thats the only problem that may arrise.

16. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Because that's the way it works. He is the person who runs and maintains the day to day part of the server. I in theory yes could do everything, but that's not how andrew and I work together.

For donations, that's something to deal with much, much later. Not now.

17. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    Which is why they need to understand that the donations are primarily to keep the server running. The added privledges are a bonus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Exactly.

Ok i see now but maybe in the future change up how you guys do things? have other people or u do the day to day things such as working on adding new mini games/things to the server resetting mining ect ect and being that you guys are always busy possibly maybe try to find another developer to help out as hard as that is to find but i am sure their is someone out there lol .

#18 jwpwns, Oct 18, 2017
  19. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Adding another developer won't solve anything. There's only one andrew, and there only ever will be.

Thanks for the concern though.

20. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Never said their will be another andrew lol all i am trying to get at is we need to let more people help and get things done a little faster and from what i can tell it seams andrew wants to do it all his self even tho he is busy/sick or whatever and i can understand cause i am that way aswell i but it seams i am talking to a brick wall here so i am stopping here.:D

#20 jwpwns, Oct 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.