What is your ECC story?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Olovice, Dec 21, 2017.

1. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    My first Minecraft experience was on a guest account a friend of mine has. We played around in a private service with just 4-5 of us for a while, usually playing the most when I dragged my laptop over to their place. Fast forward a bit and they all started talking about ECC and all the projects they were working on. We had our own Vent server back then, too, so I hopped on there, logged in to the server and prepared myself for what was to be an adventure lasting 6 years and counting.

Seeing spawn for the first time was an experience, and a lot more simple in design to what we have now... but I was game, and followed my friend through a portal to some place out in the middle of nowhere. I was handed a boat, told "Follow me." and set off in to the vast unknown before landing on the shores of Awesometopia. Light farms were legal back then, so I farmed up enough for their town portal... then ranked myself to Mayor by grabbing the spot right next door... sadly all those friends are now inactive, and myself the custodian of their towns and the long forgotten history of friendship that brought me here.

I've bought donations... sold donations... run a shop for years, designed others... made signatures... entered build contests (and won!)... served on staff twice (and considering applying for a third time)...

I came for them... I stay for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Krobkins

Krobkins Mєgαмιηєя
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +408
    I joined the summer of 2013. My two grandsons @miner1975 and @Digger0208 were at my house showing me this silly little game where you go around breaking blocks. I laughed at them, made fun of the game and just in general made snide comments about it. They come over quite often and were always playing this game. They even had me go around and break a few blocks which I thought was the silliest thing I had ever seen. Break a block with a pick? Oh sure, that sounds like a lot of fun. Or farm crops that you had to replant? I don't think so!

Violent video games are my "thing" and started out on the original DOOM about 25 years ago. If it's violent and I can shoot and kill something I love it!! It took a while for me to really enjoy ECC and get the hang of how it all works. And now almost 5 years later I'm still here and still hopelessly hooked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. 888miner888

888miner888 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +64
    If my forum profile is anything to go by I came here in March 2013 - I guess I joined the forum around the same time. I had put money into another server for both myself and my two kids but the server team messed around with that hugely and put me right off. After a few other forays I found ECC, attracted by the economy model and town possibilities. My first two plots, which I still have were in Panem. My first town was Erebor. Sadly that was my only successful town - since sold! Funny story - I named Erebor because the name felt right, I’d not seen the Tolkien writings at that time! And it was not until recently I realised that Panem is from Hunger Games. Hmmm.

Anyway, I’ve had many towns and sold them off, and I now have several joined and empty towns in Rising. I don’t play much, no time really, but I am usually in ECC for a few minutes each day. I’ve purchased most features over the years so I am well kitted out.

When I used to play more regularly I sold services like investigations, repairs, TPs and such, or gave them free. But for now I’ll potter along just like real life (I'm really lazy!), and watch ECC progress to the future.

4. Jackson_G14

Jackson_G14 ライアンは私の彼だよ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +850
    My story is short. I was born, I played ecc, met some people, then pretty much left. There is one person in particular that has stood out over the years. that person was and is still like an older brother to me. We would spend all day together for months on end, always in a skype call and doing everything together. He was there for me in some of my hardest times and this is what puts him above all else. All berbers have a place in my heart, but the person who helped me create berber and make it what it became in the first place. We have had hundreds of stories that we could go on forever talking about all the memories we've made over the last 5 years together, and we'll have plenty more to make in the many years to come. I love you older brother @Sneaky_Cat

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  5. Genovani

Genovani 天国の強さ
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +878
    I came, I saw and I..... got banned a bunch of times.

6. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Logged on. Got permad twice. Went inactive.