What keeps you on this server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _light, May 17, 2016.

1. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    What keeps me here is the amount of money I've invested in the server via features.
    There's a few people I'm good friends with still on here but after 5 years here, many of those people have gone...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. gortfrode

gortfrode Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    Before I found this server I spent quite some time looking for good economy servers - and I did actually cross by this one a year ago.

Since then its just been in my server list until I logged on again, and there had been some changes. Right now I'd say I'm gonna stay because of the challenge the server provides, the people on here that are online all the time (hehe), and the satisfaction of a system that goes around properly. At least in my eyes!

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    ^^ This.

4. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    pfft

jk

#44 _Sharpy, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  5. corbynn1000

corbynn1000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +40
    I have a 2 1/2 year member ship and think that ecc attracts me because of the constant drama and kind people here. Also the maturity of the staff is amazing. :p

6. Kissthis

Kissthis Escape Artist
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +541
    The community, the challenge, all the silly goals i set for myself! (And that @oootopia sets for me :p). And now /warp escape is running, making up new and interesting puzzles and rooms to torture people with!

7. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    what keeps me here is i donated a lot and been here for 5+ years.

#47 jwpwns, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  8. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    I am merely a spark and you the flame :p

9. Kissthis

Kissthis Escape Artist
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +541
    You are such a cheeseball! If i'm a flame your a flamethrower!

10. Crezarius

Crezarius Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +32
    More or less a +1 for what has already been said.

I play here because I love the community, both players and staff, even if I am pretty quiet most of the time. I have some really great friends on here, ingame and real life. I also brought as many real life friends with me as I could, like KMaxwell.

The economy is what originally brought me here. When I was searching for a server, something about a Hardcore Economy server just scream I need to play here. They do a great job with keeping inflation in check. Always a ton of money sinks for excess currency and they are serious about managing it.

And the city I've worked on (and just flying around with a feature I paid for to see everybody else's creations) keeps me here. I've made over 30 skyscrapers in my city of Awesometopia. I just cant start over at this point nor do I want to :p

11. ItzGuava_

ItzGuava_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Such a kind community. I have friends who truly know me. They will help we with whatever I need.

12. EmmaWolf

EmmaWolf Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +312
    For me it is the community and the large amount of things i can do. I can become the mayor of a large town and build it from the ground up. I can be a resident of a town and build a large house to show off. I can collect diamonds, emeralds or exp to get a medal on the forums and I can build a huge vault to keep the items. I can collect nstars or star tools and rent them out for profit. I can earn money by farming or mining to get new ranks to show off my wealth. I can collect and trade stocks and bet on live sport games or even try my luck with the lottery. If I am feeling powerful I can test my skills in survival games. I can also train mcmmo to achieve a high ranking level and get a forum medal. Lastly, I can earn money to buy special perks. This server has a large amount of things for me to do and all these things keep me around and playing on the server.

13. Canadian_Apple

Canadian_Apple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,302
    Exactly this, the community is like having a second family, that we all developed and are a part of. (500th post btw)

14. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Lol

15. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    I am here for the unique economy and the community helped me start and in 99% of other servers starting off is hard because no one helps you

16. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    It's actually so easy to get started and get situated on ECC compared to other servers. I've been playing here so long that I don't think I could physically be able to comprehend how other servers work, I'd always try to relate it back to ECC and then get super confused because there's really nothing else like this out there.

17. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    I'm here for the memes and to have fun. I have no use with money so I try to spread it around and help those that currently value it

18. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    But most importantly the memes

19. CrazySwagMaster1

CrazySwagMaster1 Mother F****** Sorceress
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +414
    What kept me here while I still played:
    - I was part of the elitest society and in the top 10% of players where ecc starts to get pretty fun.
    - The few friends that I had.
    - I had a lot of irl money invested in features from early on while I was trying to compete with the system.

Had I joined ecc today I probably wouldn't stay for very long because:

- Builders were VERY frequently ignored in chat.
    - There is no 'structure' to loans/etc that builders can follow, it's all chat based so there is no rule preventing builders from taking loans with say, automated paybacks.
    - It is EXTREMELY hard to get going if nobody helps you through. Our tutorials are a joke, even IF people read them.

What drove me away:
    - The release of the hub was intended for the addition of more minigames and to be able to hold more players. Where are these minigames? Where are the players? Where is the hub? Gone. Why:
    - The lack of promises that are kept by administration- specifically development.
    - The over-competitive nature of everybody to the point where it's become an elitest society.
    - Lack of automation and too much forum work required. There are SEVERAL ways of automating most of the forum applications. I can name several plugins off the top of my head that I've seen suggested that would make the server much smoother, espicially for staff. Imagine how much staff could get done in game if they didn't have to promote you? How many crazy lottos, mineruns, talking to builders do you thing the server has missed out on?
    - The amount of times I'd see people that were obviously toxic to the community get 3rd, 4th, 20th chances. The amount of times I've seen people get 'perma banned' and come back is absolutely unacceptable to me. Perma is perma. If staff doesn't take their own punishments seriously then neither will the players receiving them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #59 CrazySwagMaster1, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016