~x~ChestnutRidge 3rd Annual ECC PromNight~x~

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EvasivePeach3, Feb 3, 2017.

?

Are you coming the the Prom?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. I don't know

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    As for some feedback...
    Parkour - I think it was great to have a parkour going around the town (tho it lag me out for some reason), it gave people something to do while there.

Horse Hockey - I really enjoyed the horse hockey, it was fun, but there was only one arena. Maybe next year make 3 arenas so people don't have to wait or all team up in one game. You could even expand on that and make it so people who win, get a small prize either item or ecd. It doesn't have to be a large prize.

Horse Race - This was a horse facility and I found it odd that no one did horse races. With how popular betting is on the server, this could have been an attraction and maybe even raised some funds for the next one.

Planning - This wasn't organized very well. The date changed several times over a couple months and I think that put a lot of people off. Also, it was held in the evening (EST) time and a lot of my UK friends could not attend because it as fairly late for them. I understand that you, yourself, would like to attend your own event, but maybe think of other people too. Holding it at an earlier time EST will open things up for more people to go. Once you pick a date, stick with it and give plenty of notice so others can plan accordingly, which gives you plenty of time to set everything up. I feel this could have been a bigger hit if things were organized better, if proper notice was given, and if it was set up at a time that was timezone friendly. Maybe next year get a group of friends together that can help you with this and set things up before the set date, I know you rushed around and spent a lot time on getting things ready the day of this event. I think you would have enjoyed it more if you could have just relaxed and gotten the chance to enjoy it.

Advertising - Not a lot of people actually knew about this. I did try to spread the word, but a lot of my friends reside in the UK and couldn't go. I seen several people ask in global about the prom when you advertised you were looking for a "DJ". People won't come if they don't know about it... or if they were just told mins before it starts. I would hit it hard advertising prom a good week before the actual set date to make sure everyone knows and can plan to attend.

Music Choice - Tho it was wonderful you had a "DJ" in discord this year for us to listen to... um... I don't think thrash metal was the right choice of music to set the 'prom atmosphere'. I do enjoy my rock and metal music, but this was meant to be a dance and I think pop, dance, dubstep, etc would have been the better choice to listen to.

I hope this wasn't too harsh as I really did enjoy spending the evening with Mission, you, and Aimee. I always enjoy my time around you guys/gals. :) I know you came to me like a couple hours before prom and asked for ideas on what I'd like to see there, but some of this feedback I didn't know at the time and the rest would have needed to of been done weeks before prom, so I'm very sorry I couldn't have helped when you asked. I hope this helps you for next year tho! I'm looking forward to it and if you need any help, please let me know. :) <3

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    i was most likely asleep when it started and i live closer to America than mission XD

3. Twingirlaimee

Twingirlaimee Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +57
    #63 Twingirlaimee, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. EvasivePeach3

EvasivePeach3 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,338
    Thanks so much for your feedback.
    Horse Hockey- I thought of Horse Hockey as just a small thing. I didn't expect people to like to so much. Sadly it cannot stay there. It messes with moving horses around and we don't have room to spare in ChestnutRidge. Maybe I'll figure out a way to have HorseHockey somewhere in CR that can stay there Year around.

HorseRace- I originally planned for a horse race, but quite a few things put me off. A lot of CR members couldn't make it (Only Aimee, Drew and I were there). I was going to have betting but I wasn't sure if Drew could make it because of his new moderator position. (I am horrible with betting stuff). One of the years we had a horse race, no one even cared. (Some did, but not most people). I would have loved to have a race though.

Planning- That is my fault. My lifestyle is crazy. Irl activities and school are killing me. I wasn't sure I was even going to have the Prom after it was cancelled earlier. I have been busy every single weekend. I didn't know I would have this weekend off until 2 weeks ago. My sister was having a sleepover, so it was perfect. (Sleepover at a friend's.). I was almost unable to come to the Prom on Saturday because something came up unexpectedly. I really did not want to cancel once again. I am usually not available in the mornings in EST time. (Plus I hate getting up early.) This past weekend was the last chance I would get to the Prom. All the weekends until July are insane for me. (The reason I don't have it on a weekday is because I still have IRL activities.)

Advertising- I know I am not the best advertiser (Drew did a lot better than me <3). As I stated above, I wasn't sure if I was going to have it. I was afraid I might have to cancel.

Music Choice- I agree on this one.... someone turned on metal... *cough cough* instead of doing today's hits... I cringed quite a bit at some of the tunes played. Most were requests I believe...

Thanks again for your feedback, this will definitely help me improve next year's Prom!