- Section 1 - Chat, Channels and Discussions
- Clause 1 - General Chat Rules
- Clause 1.1 - CAPS and Spam
- Clause 1.2 - Advertising
- Clause 1.3 - Shouts and Lottery
- Clause 2 - Vulgarity
- Clause 3 - Inappropriate/Touchy Subjects and Discussions
- Clause 4 - Trade Channel
- Clause 5 - Auction Channel & Automated Auction System
- Clause 6 - Languages
- Clause 7 - "Mini-Modding"
- Clause 8 - Getting Help
- Section 2 - General Gameplay
- Clause 1 - Trolling
- Clause 2 - Harassment
- Clause 3 - Common Sense and Bending the Rules
- Clause 4 - Autonomous Accounts
- Section 3 - Economy and Transactions
- Clause 1 - Safety and Responsibility
- Clause 2 - Scamming
- Clause 2.1 - Renaming items
- Clause 2.2 - Attempted Scamming
- Clause 2.3 - Player Run Lotteries
- Clause 3 - User to User EcoDollar-to-Real Life Currency Transfers
- Section 4 - Inappropriate Usernames/Name Changes and Skins
- Clause 1 - Inappropriate Skins
- Clause 2 - Inappropriate Usernames and Username Changes
- Clause 3: Nickname(+) and Patron Nickname
- Section 5 - Exploitation
- Clause 1 - Exploits
- Clause 1.1 - Server Exploits
- Clause 1.2 - Economy Exploits
- Section 6 - Ban Information and Policies
- Clause 1 - Punishments and Tempbans
- Clause 2 - Ban Requests
Section 1 - Chat, Channels and Discussions(top)
Clause 1 - General Chat Rules(top)All chat is to go into the appropriate channel at all times. Any user who is consistently not using the correct channel, especially in a way that may disturb those attempting to use certain channels, may be removed from the channel and/or punished. For information about channels and chat commands, please visit our Server Commands page.
Clause 1.1 - CAPS and Spam(top)
- Bypassing our CAPS filter and/or typing in all caps is not allowed.
- Spam is not allowed. Repetitive words, letters, symbols that aren’t used in their correct context, or many messages sent quickly are considered spam.
Clause 1.2 - Advertising(top)
- Advertising is strictly prohibited in our chat system for any kind of external product, Minecraft server, or anything else non-EcoCityCraft related.
- External products may be mentioned, so long as they are not being advertised. Other Minecraft servers may not be mentioned under any circumstance.
- Any advertisement that is allowed on the server in any form (including, but not limited to, in-game related items/trades, store advertisements, or personal livestreams that are completely and only EcoCityCraft related) must go into our Trade Channel, and must always abide by our trade channel rules for length and repetition.
Clause 1.3 - Shouts and Lottery(top)For Shouts:
- No advertisement, touchy subject/discussions, special characters not used in their correct context, and languages other than English.
- Only numbers, letters, basic symbols found on a standard keyboard may be used.
- Shouts with the intent of causing other users to spam or spam another user in any way, such as requesting others to private message them, are not allowed.
- Shouts disguised to look like server messages, private messages, balance payments, etc. are not allowed.
- Most types of chat formatting are available for shouts. CAPS, in-game advertisements, and colors are completely allowed.
- Spamming either shouts or lottery is allowed to an extent. Excessive use of either command which results in chat being hard to read may result in a warning or a kick from the Staff.
Clause 2 - Vulgarity(top)
- Occasional mild to moderate vulgarities that are not directed at anyone (such as "slip-ups" or saying them in the incorrect chat by accident), self-censorship of a swear word or abbreviations that may imply a swear word (eg. WTF?) are allowed unless it is directed at another user.
- Repeated or excessive swearing, and especially vulgar language directed at anyone, is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items, spelled out in blocks or any other way of communicating.
- Racist language or prejudicial language of any sort falls under the vulgarity rule, and is considered a very serious offence which may result in a ban with no warnings given.
Clause 3 - Inappropriate/Touchy Subjects and Discussions(top)
- EcoCityCraft is a server community consisting of many age groups, religious groups, and political backgrounds. As such, there are many touchy subjects that we do not allow in our public channels in order to keep the peace and prevent arguments and flame wars from occurring.
- All chat must be kept appropriate and clean at all times. There is to be no discussion of anything deemed inappropriate for a workplace, including, but not limited to, sexuality, excessive violence, racism, alcohol/drugs and inappropriate or dark humor.
- This rule extends into subjects about illegal substances or actions, including recreational drugs.
- Politics, religion and suicide are common “touchy subjects”, however they are not the only ones. If a discussion in chat turns inappropriate, uncivil or has become an argument or flame-war, Staff then have the right to ask you to discontinue a topic. If they do so you must drop the topic immediately.
- The civil discussion of politics and other topics may be permitted in the VIP channel at the discretion of Staff.
- Discussing a banned user's ban reason and why they were banned is not allowed, however simply mentioning a banned player's username is allowed.
- Accusing other players of breaking any of the Server Rules is not allowed. Use the proper means to address these concerns such as speaking to a staff member or filing a complaint.
Clause 4 - Trade Channel(top)
- All permitted in-game advertising must be in this channel.
- Messages in this channel must:
- Consist of one single message at a time.
- Must be no more often than once per 5 minutes.
- During off-peak and other periods where normal chat may be slow, it is solely at the online staff’s discretion how often your messages can be repeated.
- All general chat rules apply in this channel.
- You may not hold auctions in this channel. Please use the Automated Auction System in /ch auction to hold an auction.
- You are allowed to announce an upcoming auction in this channel. You may only post 1 advertisement per auction.
- All items sold in trade must be EcoCityCraft related.
Clause 5 - Auction Channel & Automated Auction System(top)
- You may only use the Automated Auction System to auction items. This means that you are not allowed to auction items using the auction chat channel manually.
- The [Auc] chat channel is only to be used for discussing current auctions. Normal chat rules still apply.
- You are allowed to announce auctions in the trade channel if you are planning on auctioning in the very immediate future. (Only 1 trade message per any auction, do not repeat yourself in /ch trade).
- You are not allowed to abuse the Automated Auction System. This includes but is not limited to troll auctions and any other auctions deemed inappropriate by Staff.
- Examples of such auctions are:
- Multiple auctions for 1 dirt
- Auctions with unrealistic start prices/increments
- Examples of such auctions are:
- You may not repeat unsuccessful auctions numerous times with the same variables. This will be considered spamming/abusing the auction system.
Clause 6 - Languages(top)
- EcoCityCraft is an English speaking server.
- You are required to speak English in all global chat channels, and whilst in the vicinity of spawn.
- This includes areas that are anywhere within 400 blocks of spawn, as that is the range of local chat.
- If you wish to play with a friend and speak other languages, that is fine in private chat channels, or in local chat that is not spawn. However, it must stay out of global chats.
Clause 7 - "Mini-Modding"(top)
- ECC is a community where users should be helpful to one another.
- Informing others of the rules is allowed and encouraged.
- Telling or threatening others with the consequences of breaking the rules is considered mini-modding and is not allowed.
- Please be wary about how you inform others of breaking the rules. Being demeaning, condescending or rude could come off as mild mini-modding as opposed to being helpful.
- If the consequences need to be spelled out, please leave that to the staff online. As we deal with things on a case-by-case basis, it's impossible to know exactly what a staff member would actually do to a member breaking the rules, even if you can give a good guess.
Clause 8 - Getting Help(top)If you need ANY sort of help, not pertaining to minecraft, quit the game and contact:
- 911 (or your local equivalent)
Section 2 - General Gameplay(top)
Clause 1 - Trolling(top)
- Trolling is not allowed on the server, especially any trolling that is directed towards another user. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Flame baiting
- Harassment (See Section 2 Clause 2.)
- Attempts to start any form of chaos and discord within the server.
Clause 2 - Harassment(top)
- Harassment constitutes as any form of action (chat or game play wise) that makes another player feel threatened or otherwise ruins their game play.
- Griefing in the wild does not constitute harassment. Harassment in the wild is strictly chat/command based.
- This includes, but is not limited to; blackmail, bullying or any other form of harassment that occurs through our chat system.
- Attempting to kill other players in any non-PvP zone also constitutes as harassment, and succeeding in killing other players in non-PvP areas is a very severe offence that will result in a ban.
- Harassment is absolutely inexcusable on EcoCityCraft. If you are engaging in this behavior expect to be removed from the server with little to no warning.
- Disrespecting staff falls under this rule.
Clause 3 - Common Sense and Bending the Rules(top)
- While this is a gaming environment, EcoCityCraft is also a very large community. As such, we expect that all players use their common sense. Be a good sport and a friendly community member.
- Common sense extends to not bending the rules. Bending the rules constitutes as very severe trolling, and is not tolerated in any form.
- Encouraging others to break the rules is not using your common sense.
- Interrupting or stealing items from server events is not using your common sense.
- Finding ways around the rules is punishable at administration’s discretion, from warnings all the way up to bans. Please see EcoCityCraft's General Disclaimer for more information.
- If you feel like a rule has a loophole or a way that it could be used to be trolly, we encourage use of our suggestions forum or contacting the administration directly in order to take a look at the rules that may need to be changed.
Clause 4 - Autonomous Accounts(top)An autonomous (aka bot) account is any account used for a specific purpose, and is not an active player on ECC.
- Discord -> Party Chat integration via an account is a bot.
- An account designed to AFK in a specific spot to load a chunk/keep a spawner loaded
- Chat Logging account
- General Use commands/utility based PM interactions
Bot accounts are different than alt accounts in the fact that they are primarily unattended.
Bot accounts are restricted from doing the following, in addition to anything in the server rules.
- Handling any sort of currency.
- Block Break/Place interactions
- Autonomous Chatting in public channels (PM's are fine, as are party chats, island chats, etc)
Anyone wishing to use an autonomous account on any part of the ECC Network must be approved by JamieSinn via PM prior to use. Failure to do so is grounds for the bot account's ban without warning.
Section 3 - Economy and Transactions(top)
Clause 1 - Safety and Responsibility(top)
- Cross-server Trading is allowed but you do so at your own risk. The EcoCityCraft Staff team will only honor agreements that are server specific. Only trade cross-server with users you trust. The only exception is transactions regarding the purchase of Server Features. Agreements honoring these transactions will be enforced.
- When it comes to trades, whether it be an item for item trade, an item for money trade, a money for Server Features trade, or any sort of trade, there is a responsibility all parties take in participating in these trades to collect appropriate evidence in case something goes awry.
- The main types of evidence needed to prove that a trade has gone wrong are: Proof of agreement (where the trade is stated and agreed upon by both parties) and the payment (where the payment is sent or received by one party.)
- Contracts can act as proof of agreement, but in all cases, proof of payment is also required.
- There is a forum thread, and a wiki tutorial on what proof is needed for screenshot evidence.
- Under no circumstances is evidence from Skype or any other type of communication outside of the main server or forums admissible.
- All parties involved in the trade understand that it is not the staff’s responsibility to return their money should they be scammed, and that in most situations, any money scammed will be lost. Users participate in trading at their own risk.
- Always proceed with caution. If you do not think a user is trustworthy, or believe he has reason not to be, check the ban appeals and complaints section by searching their name.
Clause 2 - Scamming(top)
- A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon timeframe.
- Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.
Clause 2.1 - Renaming items(top)
- Users cannot rename items for the purpose of making them misleading (for example, taking a cookie and renaming it “Diamond Sword”, and then attempting to auction or trade it without specifying that the item is a cookie is against the rules)
- If you are auctioning or trading an item that has been renamed, you MUST specify what the item was before it was renamed.
- All renamed items must follow the language and content rules for chat on the server. If it would not be appropriate in global, it is not an appropriate item name.
- Making or distributing items that are inappropriately named are both punishable to the same extent. If you find or receive an item that has been inappropriately named, please inform a staff member immediately, so that they may investigate and act appropriately.
Clause 2.2 - Attempted Scamming(top)
- Users cannot attempt to scam other users. If enough evidence is provided and the staff believe a scam was intended, this will result in a temporary ban against the offending user.
- Attempted scamming includes misleading sales or auctions. For example an auction for 'a melon,sword'.
Clause 2.3 - Player Run Lotteries(top)
- Any player run lottery is disallowed and will be treated as attempted scams or actual scamming depending on the situation.
- This includes any type of raffle or lottery that requires a buy in.
Clause 3 - User to User EcoDollar-to-Real Life Currency Transfers(top)
- Real life money/items being given for in-game items, EcoDollars, or anything else within EcoCityCraft is not allowed. If an investigation ensues and concludes such a transaction took place, or may take place, all users involved will be severely punished.
- EcoDollars also may not be used for real-life transactions, including real life tangible items and minecraft-related items away from the server. All EcoDollar transactions must be EcoCityCraft related.
- Trading EcoDollars for EcoCityCraft Server Features (ie. people purchasing features from the server on your behalf) is allowed because all parts of the transaction have to do directly with EcoCityCraft. However, these transactions are not encouraged due to the high risk of getting scammed and things going wrong. Please see our supporting the Server wiki article for more information on the risks of these types of transactions before participating in one.
Section 4 - Inappropriate Usernames/Name Changes and Skins(top)
Clause 1 - Inappropriate Skins(top)
- Any skin deemed offensive or vulgar is not allowed. This can include anything from Hitler skins to nude skins and this is moderated solely at staff discretion. Offending users will be asked to change their skin, and failure to do so may result in removal from the server.
Clause 2 - Inappropriate Usernames and Username Changes(top)
- If you are changing your username please be aware of any complications you may face because of this. Username changes are at your own risk and staff cannot be guaranteed to help if an issue arises. Potential issues include:
- Trade Signs with previous username ceasing to work.
- Old LWC protections not updated with your UUID not working correctly.
- Unclaimed Tombstones
- Progress towards monthly voting awards.
- Pending bounty and lottery transactions.
- A full list of functions affected or not affected by a username change may be found here: Username Change Warnings.
- Trade Signs with previous username ceasing to work.
- Inappropriate usernames are not allowed on the server, and may be removed once brought to the attention of the staff team. These include but are not limited to:
- Usernames with language not suitable for ECC
- Usernames created with the purpose of being very similar to or hard to distinguish from existing ECC player names.
1. Change your Minecraft username (You may do this through your Mojang account).
2. File an application for your name change here: Name Change Application
3. Make a Ban appeal through your forum account at our Ban Appeal Section
- You are not able to apply for any applications or participate in any forum activity related to the server unless this application is applied for and approved by staff. Not submitting this application after a name change and attempting to apply for any applications / participate in any forum activity related to the server may get your account banned from our server.
- Please note that if you change your username your new username is still subject to all the rules and restrictions placed on usernames on ECC.
- Users who are banned for having an inappropriate username (and for that reason only) are allowed to log in with alternate accounts if they are unable to change their username.
- All rules regarding alternate accounts still apply.
- Your alternate account does not automatically become your main account in this case.
Clause 3: Nickname(+) and Patron Nickname(top)
- There is to be no abuse of any of our Nickname, Nickname+ or Patron Nickname feature.
- This includes, but is not limited to, having a nickname which:
- Uses vulgar language,
- Impersonates another player,
- Note: Having the permission of the player who your nickname is impersonating does not allow you to use the nickname.
- Amounts to harassment of another player,
- Is blatantly spammy, or anything else which the Staff team deem to be inappropriate.
- Refusing to change your nickname when requested to do so by a member of Staff may result in further action being taken.
Section 5 - Exploitation(top)
Clause 1 - Exploits(top)
- Abuse of any exploits, bugs, or glitches can result in a punishment based on the severity of abuse. Those are unfair "advantages" that can cause major issues for everyone on the server.
- When exploits are found, they need reported to the server owner immediately.
- Being a good sport and reporting issues (mainly severe exploits) could benefit you more than abusing them would. Game play is to be kept fair for everyone.
Clause 1.1 - Server Exploits(top)
- Any user caught exploiting any feature or a part of the server will be severely punished.
- As well, hacking into the server through any sort of illegal method will have your information forwarded to your local Police Department after your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is contacted.
Clause 1.2 - Economy Exploits(top)
- Any user caught severely exploiting the economy in any way without reporting the glitch or bug will be severely punished.
- Exploiting the economy is any action that results in an unfair economical advantage to a single user or group of users, by means of a glitch, exploit or bug.
- This also means that exploiting exploits that are known is against the rules. If you believe a bug, glitch or exploit has been reported and has not been fully fixed, please report this to the administrator.
- There will be absolutely no chance of appeal for this sort of action.
Section 6 - Ban Information and Policies(top)
Clause 1 - Punishments and Tempbans(top)
- All tempbans, regardless of length, may not be appealed. They will be automatically lifted when time has expired.
Clause 2 - Ban Requests(top)
- If there is an absolute need for your account to not have access to the EcoCityCraft server, you may request a ban in the Ban Appeals/Complaints forum.
- This ban is automatically a 3 day tempban, not to be appealed sooner, and will not be extended for any length longer.
- Ban requests are only to be used in times of absolute necessity. ECC staff do not issue permanent bans on request, only 3 day temporary bans.
- EcoCityCraft staff are not responsible for things happening outside the server, and cannot be expected to moderate your life. If you need help outside the game, please visit the Getting Help section (See Section 1, Clause 8).
- Staff will not deny a Ban Request, however, using Ban Requests often for trivial reasons may result in you being unable to request bans for a period of time.