[Suggestion] Increase Stock Exchange Hours

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thecreator767, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Thecreator767

Thecreator767 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +248
    Minecraft Name:Thecreator767

Suggestion: Increase hours of operation of ECC stock exchange (10-4 rather than 12-4) NYSE is already open from 9:30 -4:30 and you shouldn't see too many problems by opening the ECC parallel at 10 am.

Reason: It's really hard to trade shares when the ECC market is only open 4 hours a day (For a lot of the playerbase on ECC, this is time where they are busy or a hard time to work around.) Extending the hours of operation to 6 will allow more people to consider the stock market as they can access it more freely.

Any Other Information:
    It doesn't look like many people consider the Stock Market a critical part of the game (see top portfolios and profits) It looks like many just throw money in, forget about it for a few weeks, and come back later. Extending the hours would be beneficial as more people will get the chance to buy in the market as it will mean less pressure to balance your purchases around the small window of time (which can be inconvenient or a bad time of the day to purchase at). Also, stock prices fluctuate greatly throughout the day. A price at 10 a.m. can be quite different from a price at 3 p.m. and users should be able to from their strategy for the day and their purchases based on past data/company announcements.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: No

2. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    This has been suggested and denied a lot of times. I'm not exactly sure why it was denied but I think something about an opening time bug/exploit. Personally I would love to see this but I don't think it's going to happen

3. Thecreator767

Thecreator767 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +248
    I heard the same thing a while back (just logged in after leaving for a long time) I still don't see why it's not possible to have just a few more hours added in. to be honest, 12-4 is really awkward since it's hard to schedule time to purchase your shares.

4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Source: https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/major-stock-market-opening-close-change.128576

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    As much as we may dislike the new stock trader changes, they're necessary to maintain an exploit-free economy that ECC has been maintaining for almost 5 years now.

#5 UnitedStates2, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016