A Tutorial For [Builders] (New Players)

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by tumblemaster, Aug 11, 2015.

1. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    First of all,
    WELCOME TO ECOCITYCRAFT!
    You're going to love this server.

(Created by Tumblemaster)

This tutorial is going to help you get started on EcoCityCraft, and teach you important things you need to know!

Let's start off with the rules. If you haven't already, go read the rules here: Click Here

Now that you're familiar with the rules, we can get into the GAME. When you log into EcoCityCraft, you start off in the Tutorial. READ THE SIGNS. They are so helpful, and the things you learn are essential to understanding how the server works. If you haven't read them, but already left the area, don't worry! Use /tutorial to teleport back and read them.

Read the tutorial? Awesome! The next place you see is likely
    Spawn.

Spawn is...just that! a place where you spawn. There are portals all around, leading to the mining world and the markets. If you want to come back here, you can always do so by typing
    /Spawn.

Now, let's talk about MONEY. This is an economy server, meaning that it's all about making lots of money! Type
    /money to see how much you have at any time.

To get some quick starting cash, Make a post on THIS page. Make sure to read the post and follow its instructions. If you do it right, then you'll have some money to burn!

Now that you've got some money, let's buy you a plot to live in to avoid griefers.

Type /ch tr and you'll be put into the Trade Chat. This is where all the trading, buying, selling, and advertising is. There are a few other chats you'll need to know about.
    The
    Global Chat ("/ch g") is for just talking with the other players. Everyone can join the global chat, anywhere.
    The
    Local Chat ("/ch l")can only be seen by players who are close to you, and is used for talking to players near you.

Type "
    I'm looking for a town to live in.". You should have someone offer you a plot in their town. Many people offer free plots to new players, but others may cost money.

Using /msg <Username> <Message> you can talk to specific people, instead of using the other chats. Ask them about prices and other things you want to know about the town. Using \tpa <Username> you can request to teleport to the player you're buying a plot from. There, they can show you the plot you'll be buying, and they can talk to you about the price some more.

Once you've agreed to the town rules, and used
    /pay <username> <amount> to pay the Mayor, they will add you to the town, which lets you build.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Once you've been added to the town, stand in or next to your plot and type
    /sethome. It's your only way to get back later.

This way, you can type /home to come back whenever you want.

Also, make sure to lock your chests so that other people can't open them by using the /lock command!

Type /lock, then right click on the chest you want to lock. Now you've locked your chest! You only have 15 locks as a builder, so use them on double chests!
    Go HERE to learn more about LWC Locks.

So, now you have a plot, but nothing to build on it with! After using /sethome, go to the Mining World by typing /miningworld.

Type /kit starter a to recieve some basic tools and armor, and type /wild land to be teleported to a random place in the world. Gather some materials like Cobblestone, Wood, Ores, and anything else that you want.

I also made a page ALL about the mining world, so go check it out, HERE.

It should be noted that if you have something you don't need, like extra dirt, or cobbblestone, or seeds, you can sell them instantly with
    /sell hand. It will sell all of whatever is in your hand. If you have 2 stacks of dirt, it will sell both, not just the one in your hand. /sell hand is how you'll make most of your money, along with selling things to other players. Most ores like iron and gold sell for good prices, so mining can be profitable.

Now that you've gathered building materials, use
    /home and build your house. Make it look good, because you'll be living in it for a bit.

Now comes making enough money for your next Rank. The resident rank is explained more HERE.

To get [Resident], you need
    $15,000. You can earn this is lots of different ways.

If the town you joined has a public farm, you can sell the things you harvest.

If you want, you can go mining in the mining world (I would use a diamond pick), and sell the ores you mine.

You can even ask players to hire you for paying jobs, like
    flattening areas of land, placing dirt, farming crops, or building structures.
    Remember, always use the Trade Chat when you're asking for work, or buying/selling things.

If you have any questions, ask someone. If it's a simple question, ask it in global chat, and if you don't get the answer, or don't understand, type
    /list and look for [Moderator]'s or other staff to ask. They're always happy to help. To ask them, make sure you type /msg <username> <Question>.

Once you've made the money you need, go HERE and apply for your [Resident] rank. Use good grammar and punctuation, and be honest. A Game Admin or higher will come and read it, and they'll make you a [Resident]! Make sure you have the money in your balance BEFORE you apply for the rank, or you will be given a fine, and not made into a [Resident].

Congratulations! You've made [Resident], and are hopefully part of the EcoCityCraft Community!

Any suggestions are appreciated on how to make this thread better! :D

Helpful Links:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #1 tumblemaster, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. somkar8

somkar8 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +170
    This is great stuff! Really good to help builders. But I will still continue helping and explaining the things in ECC to builders with my own words.

3. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    Well of course. They still won't be able to make it on their own. X) This is just to help ease them on their way.

4. somkar8

somkar8 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +170
    Yes. I think the staff should make a pop up in chat that builders can see with the link of this tutorial, for help's sake. (Is this possible? I have no idea)

5. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    They could possibly do it with the same reminders they use to remind people to vote. The best way, I think, is to just use word of mouth, have players send new people here. I see what you're saying though.

6. ChargerBoltz5

ChargerBoltz5 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,340
    <3

Also, nice tutorial, well done @tumblemaster!​

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #6 ChargerBoltz5, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    Haha. It was a well priced one. X)

And thanks. :)

8. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    Edited it to add the LWC tutorial page I made. :D So Enjoy!

9. drthunda

drthunda Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you for making this! This really helped me better understand how to start because honestly, I was still lost even after reading the main tutorial lol. Again, thank you.

10. Lehon_

Lehon_ Builder

Ratings:
    +74
    There should be a link to this when you join the server... also great job with the tutorial!

11. Julia8910

Julia8910 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +32
    One fault, voting gives you over 3000.

12. tumblemaster

tumblemaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    I updated some of the pictures and text to keep it updated. It's been a year, but it is still a great tutorial, and I figured it could still be put to good use. Any suggestions are appreciated, guys!

13. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    I can help edit it. :D