[Ban Appeal] Conorx

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Conorx, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    In Game Name:
    Conorx
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    It was originally Main, however someone banned me also on skyblock wrongfully.
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Calling Andrewkm, 'Andrewgaym' lol
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Vulgarity(top)

Occasional mild to moderate vulgarities that are not directed at anyone (such as "slip-ups" or saying them in the incorrect chat by accident), self-censorship of a swear word or abbreviations that may imply a swear word (eg. WTF?) are allowed unless it is directed at another user.
    Repeated or excessive swearing, and especially vulgar language directed at anyone, is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items, spelled out in blocks or any other way of communicating.
    Racist language or prejudicial language of any sort falls under the vulgarity rule, and is considered a very serious offence which may result in a ban with no warnings given.

Clause 3 - Inappropriate/Touchy Subjects and Discussions(top)

EcoCityCraft is a server community consisting of many age groups, religious groups, and political backgrounds. As such, there are many touchy subjects that we do not allow in our public channels in order to keep the peace and prevent arguments and flame wars from occurring.
    All chat must be kept appropriate and clean at all times. There is to be no discussion of anything deemed inappropriate for a workplace, including, but not limited to, sexuality, excessive violence, racism, alcohol/drugs and inappropriate or dark humor.
    This rule extends into subjects about illegal substances or actions, including recreational drugs.
    Politics, religion and suicide are common “touchy subjects”, however they are not the only ones. Should a staff member ask you to change a subject they feel is touchy and/or is causing the direction of chat to deviate towards an argument or flame war, you must drop the subject immediately.
    The civil discussion of politics and other topics may be permitted in the VIP channel at the discretion of Staff.
    Discussing a banned user's ban reason and why they were banned is not allowed, however simply mentioning a banned player's username is allowed.
    Accusing other players of breaking any of the Server Rules is not allowed. Use the proper means to address these concerns such as speaking to a staff member or filing a complaint.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Essentially that saying what i said was inappropriate and not necessary by any means. Likewise it elaborates on how my actions may have negatively affected other users on the server purely on the vulgarity of my actions. I recognise that there is many children who play the server and it is unfair for them to witness such silly or childish actions. Furthermore, calling users names or flamebaiting can lead to many people being offended as others may join in on the 'fun'.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I believe that I should be unbanned on the basis that it has been many months now and the reason for ban is relatively idiotic. A couple of us were just messing around and a new moderator didn't really understand the preface of the fun. However, i am not excusing what i said as i do understand it was against the server rules regardless of the context of the situation. I do however believe that i should not be banned on the skyblock server as i was allowed to play on there for a while past the original ban, and i had not broken any rules to warrant or deserve a ban on said server. In reality i just want to come on to see some of the old fellas i talked to and leave again, simple stuff.

Cheers x

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Just follow our rules and don't troll unnecessarily please. Unbanned.

#2 andrewkm, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.