[Ban Appeal] webman11123

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by webman11123, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webman11123

webman11123 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +136
    In Game Name:
    webman11123
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    I changed my name back to my original Minecraft username.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    I'm banned on the main server.
    Reason of Ban:
    I was banned for loan scamming and general toxic behavior.
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Scamming
    A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon timeframe.
    Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.
    Clause 2.1 - Renaming items
    Users cannot rename items for the purpose of making them misleading (for example, taking a cookie and renaming it “Diamond Sword”, and then attempting to auction or trade it without specifying that the item is a cookie is against the rules)
    If you are auctioning or trading an item that has been renamed, you MUST specify what the item was before it was renamed.
    All renamed items must follow the language and content rules for chat on the server. If it would not be appropriate in global, it is not an appropriate item name.
    Making or distributing items that are inappropriately named are both punishable to the same extent. If you find or receive an item that has been inappropriately named, please inform a staff member immediately, so that they may investigate and act appropriately.
    Clause 2.2 - Attempted Scamming
    Users cannot attempt to scam other users. If enough evidence is provided and the staff believe a scam was intended, this will result in a temporary ban against the offending user.
    Attempted scamming includes misleading sales or auctions. For example an auction for 'a melon,sword'.
    Clause 2.3 - Player Run Lotteries
    Any player run lottery is disallowed and will be treated as attempted scams or actual scamming depending on the situation.
    This includes any type of raffle or lottery that requires a buy in.

Clause 2 - Vulgarity
    Inappropriate and vulgar language is not allowed. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items (see Section 3 Clause 2.1), spelt out in blocks (see Section 2, Clause 2.1), or any other way of communicating.
    Occasional mild to moderate vulgarities that are not directed at anyone (such as "slip-ups" or saying them in the incorrect chat by accident), self-censorship of a swear word or abbreviations that may imply a swear word (eg. WTF?) are allowed unless it is directed at another user.
    Repeated or excessive swearing, and especially vulgar language directed at anyone, is not tolerated under any circumstance.
    Racist language or prejudicial language of any sort falls under the vulgarity rule, and is considered a very serious offence which may result in a ban with no warnings given.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Being a good person is an important trait to have in any social interaction, and my past actions have made it clear to you that I haven't always been a tolerant, level-headed person. I broke the rules of a contract bound by law strictly because I was frustrated with unrelated occurrences, and the results of my actions hurt innocent people with which I had no issue. My vulgarity on the server's forums is also inexcusable. I understand that this is a place where people of all ages may come together to have an enjoyable experience, and my toxic behavior on the forums is no exception. I can only ask for your forgiveness and for a chance to redeem myself for my actions.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    Since my perma-ban, I have had a lot of time to reflect on my behavior and have come to realize that ECC had provided a unique experience for me in my childhood. I was able to design and raise new communities, in which I was able to meet new people and form strong friendships. I was introduced to the art of business and at some points managed multiple trade deals at once. I delved into the world of architecture and had the unique opportunity to not only demonstrate my newly found skills to my peers, but had the option to sell them and flip my land and its contents for a profit.

My angry, short-sighted behavior is and was unacceptable, and I realize it now. I threw away a valuable experience because I couldn't control my emotions. I took out my frustration with the world on innocent bystanders by scamming and calling names. There isn't enough ways for me to apologize to everyone I may have hurt in my 4 years experience on ECC, but at least I can start here. I ask you to forgive me and present me with a chance to redeem myself, and allow me to give back to this rewarding community what I have taken from it. I want to prove to all of you that I am not the person I once was, and that I possess the ability to change and grow as a person.

To @Astral_Codex , I understand that I owe you 60k and I have every intent to pay that back given the opportunity.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 webman11123, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,830,000
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Astral_codex is now named @Vortlex. You will need to pay them the 60k within two weeks, or set it aside if they don't get online. Pretty sure I don't need to say that if this happens again, you won't like the repercussions.

Unbanned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.