[Contract] Town Claim Purchase

Discussion in 'Approved Contracts Archive' started by AdmiralD, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    [Contract] Town Claim Purchase

IGN:
    @AdmiralD

Users Involved in this Contract:
    @Paragon_OfVirtue

General Purpose of Contract:
    To facilitate the claim of a "yet to be named town" through the use of @Paragon_OfVirtue 's Tycoon Claim, and then to transfer the ownership of the town from the permanent technical 'ownership' of the user @Paragon_OfVirtue to the permanent technical 'ownership' of @AdmiralD .

I (the contract initiator) agree to the following terms, and agree that my failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract, as outlined in Rule 3:

I, @AdmiralD, will do as I see fit with the town. This includes adding users as technical 'owners' and technical
    'members', selling or transferring the town, or doing whatever I so decide with it.

I, @AdmiralD, will forum pm @Paragon_OfVirtue the Tycoon Claim Application - "Town Claim #1" for her to verify correctness and file within 24 hours after contract approval.

I, @AdmiralD have provided compensation to @Paragon_OfVirtue for these services.

The other user(s) involved with this contract must agree to the following terms:

The following terms apply to @Paragon_OfVirtue :

I, @Paragon_OfVirtue , agree to add the user @AdmiralD as technical owner and remove myself as owner to the "yet to be named town" upon the acceptance of my Tycoon Claim Application - "Town Claim #1" that will be provided to me within 24 hours after contract approval. Upon adding him to the town, he shall now be the technical 'owner', and may do as he sees fit with the town, including transfer it to his original ownership or claim it.

I, @Paragon_OfVirtue agree that this contract shall be considered null and void with no compensation due in the event the "yet to be named town" cannot be claimed thru the ECC Server Claim System, including the 3 day notification rule in effect.

I, @Paragon_OfVirtue confirm that my Tycoon Claim is currently available.

I, @Paragon_OfVirtue agree I shall not place or remove any blocks or LWCS, except that if I have any LWCS in this town, I will assist in removing them in a timely manner (within 3 days). This contract thereby gives the new owner (@AdmiralD) the right to remove them if they are in the town.

I, @Paragon_OfVirtue agree to sign a new contract that may act as a proper contract for the claiming of a town through the server's town-claim process or server town-transfer for tycoons+ to be filed by @AdmiralD within 24 hours of the claim being approved.

I agree that the terms in this contract are subject to all of EcoCityCraft's rules, including the rules listed specifically in this forum. I understand that the contract may be affected by future changes in EcoCityCraft rules and server updates, and I accept that due to the possibility of such changes, this contract may be at my own risk. I understand that the contents of this contract are subject to staff assessment, review and approval before it is a binding contract under EcoCityCraft rules. I accept that action may not be taken in case of a breach of contract if appropriate and sufficient evidence is not provided of such.:

Yes

This is an example of the format required for your agreement:

IGN:
    <your in-game name.> *** Make sure you use the @tag ***

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to

complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    <Agreement to the terms laid out in the contract post, yes or no.>

#1 AdmiralD, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848
    @AdmiralD Please add the name of the town you will be transferring.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Since I've been asked about this I'm just going to post here so anyone curious is aware:

This is because we've recently implemented a minor policy change which requires a town name to be stated directly for a contract to be used as valid evidence for a town transfer (older contracts are fine, but we're avoiding the issue in as many new ones as we can). The reasoning is otherwise for this to be used in a transfer application, you would need to supply every document you have, including this contract, the relevent claim app, your request of town to claim, and more.

We prefer our transfer process to be as clean as possible and directly stating town names in contracts for transfers allows cleaner transfers.

That said, @AdmiralD, you can also choose to remove the following from your contract:

I, Paragon_OfVirtue agree that this contract may act as a proper contract for the transfer of ownership through the server's Town-Transfer system.

I, Paragon_OfVirtue agree that this contract may act as a proper contract for the claiming of a town through the server's town-claim process for tycoons+.

Removing those two lines will also make your contract valid. You can of course make a second contract at the time of your claim which grants permission for the town specifically once you have named one.

4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    @Nicit6 - I think I understand your reasoning behind this and agree with why you are asking for this now.
    I am sure you are aware that part of the reason for no town being named has been so that no other players are able to claim this town until the actual claim is filed, protecting the integrity of the claim.
    Is there protection against this happening?
    What happens if the player does not agree to the claim contract, will the town be able to be claimed by anyone?
    I trust @Paragon_OfVirtue implicitly, however, I believe there are players that would take advantage of this situation.

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    No, I would suggest not specifically naming a town in the contract and just removing the clauses allowing you to transfer/claim the town. Once the town has been successfully claimed, then sign another contract specifically granting those rights.

I'm not sure what you're referencing here. I think your assumption is based on releasing the name in the original contract and again, I would not advise that.

6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    @bmanvman - I believe the contract has been edited to fulfill new contract requirements. Please let me know if there is anything else needed.
    Thank you to you and N6 for your time and consideration in this matter.
    @Paragon_OfVirtue - I believe you can agree to this contract now. Thank you for your patience.

7. Paragon_OfVirtue

Paragon_OfVirtue Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +129
    IGN: @Paragon_OfVirtue

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    I agree.

8. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848
    Everything looks good! Make sure to take screenshots with time stamp on all transactions.

Locked-approved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.