Accepted ECC SHOP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SunPrince, Sep 19, 2017.

?

Should /kit nametag be added to Extcommands/Extcommands+?

1. Yes.

40.9%
  2. No.

45.5%
  3. Another /kit (specify in comments)

13.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +34
    Minecraft Name:
    SunPrince
    Suggestion:
    /kit nametag, better pay2win options.
    Reason:
    How many times do u come across a random animal in a city world and you cry help for a nametag? /kit nametag
    ----
    p2w: makes me and ecc happie.

Other Information:
    Maybe add to extcommands or extcommands+, /kit nametag

p2w: right now 640k exp for 100$ is the best way to buy in game currency since it's worth more than 600k ECD for 100$. increasing either would help me a lot. or maybe put it on sale during skyblock release. Right now 640k EXP can turn into about 8k-8.5k ECD per USD if u use it to buy nstars or sell the EXP itself. so why is 600k ECD at 6k ECD per USD? should atleast keep them even, if you cant increase them higher than 8k. Right now the current price for features is at 8k-9k per USD so keeping the 100$ for 600k ECD seems pretty unbalanced to our current economy.

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    Just ECCSHOP changes.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    It's not a bad idea in the least, but in my 4 years of ECC, I rarely see someone absolutely begging for a nametag so the animal doesn't despawn.
    In addition, nametags have been barely hanging on as a valuable item for selling purposes for the last year to a year and a half. This will drop the prices even lower, making it almost worthless.

Notice sponges share a similar fate to nametags. They were once in high demand that you could sell one for an average of $50 between multiple shops (now you're lucky to find one). If nametags had a selling price to the server, this would be a much different story as it would liquidate the amount in game, bringing demand up slightly.

In short, there are already too many nametags in market right now and the need for more quickly is not necessary

PS: It would be ExtCommands Plus as that is when a player can use anvils

3. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    Fair point about name tags price, but is it really the pillar of our economy? Having them easier to access wont impact the economy even slightly. Plenty of items that are still easy to sell in shops.

And I see tons of people always needing them, hense why you said name tags are valuable in shops.

Having this like every hour like water and pyro wont make them in high supply since people will probably use them faster than they need them.

Maybe they should be sellable to server who knows ;)

4. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I like the idea, but instead of making a whole new kit for it, maybe adding it to /kit mobs? Makes more sense to me.

On a side note, I sell name tags at $50 each and can't keep them in stock. They still hold a value and it's people who can't get them from drops or a feature (if it was added to /kit mobs) who I see buy them the most, so I think adding them to a kit wouldn't tarnish their value.

#4 Ladyvamptress, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    We could possibly have another poll option to add it to an existing kit such as /kit mobs?

Edit: Thanks for adding the new poll option, I'd agree with @Ladyvamptress here and say that it would suit /kit mobs if name tags were to be implemented into a kit.

#5 Scamazon, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    There is now another poll option.

FYI anyone can change their vote at any time for as long as the poll is up.

7. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,431
    Seems like a much more reasonable command to add it with, unlike adding it to extcommands/+

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If it's a kit it ought to be like all the other one-off kits with extcommands/extcreations: Once a day.

I'd rather not have it at all, though.

9. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    Could at least add a reason why you wouldn't want it.

The only reasons people have been giving me is for their own greed because they already have nametags they want to sell.

Seems to me thats not in the best interest of the many and new players in general.

10. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    It's really not for greed. Think about it for a second:
    Of the X amount of players that are online, how many actually use name tags on a regular basis? Maybe a handful

I feel like this would end up being similar to /kit compass, only be useful maybe once every two months at best.

That is why I compared nametags to sponges previously. Their demand stayed roughly the same yet supply still goes up, and as supply goes up, price decreases. Nametags aren't really that hard to obtain and don't have a /sell value, so they will slowly start to build up in chests.

11. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    Sponges don't get destroyed when you use them, nametags do. Just because you don't use nametags doesnt mean anything. There are tons of people who use nametags every day.

#11 SunPrince, Sep 20, 2017
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    It's not really greed that people want to sell something. I suppose you could argue that it could be, but this is an economy server. Selling things is like, the point. I don't think "We should give away ____ for free, those who oppose it because they have them are greedy" is a valid counter on an economy server.

I don't see why we should give something away for free, just to make people's lives easier. I'd get it if they were unobtainable or difficult to obtain, but they really aren't. They're even an mcmmo drop for grass.

As for this being in the interest of new players, it isn't. It's in the interest of players with features, who may or may not give charity to new players. Not really a fan of trickle down economics, especially on ECC.

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    This is exactly what I was trying to get at. Thanks Nicit for the better wording.

This is a Hardcore Economy server for a reason.

Plus, I'm online maybe 5-10 hours a day and I rarely see anyone asking in trade "Please help! I don't have a nametag and desperately need one." Maybe the occasional "Can someone name this" but that's all

14. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    Does Andrew know features are free now?

15. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    What are you talking about? Features are the same price as they always have been.

16. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    He may be talking about how a lot people offer feature services for free now.

In regards to the suggestion, I don't think we need a /kit for nametags, they're easy enough to get from digging up dirt/grass with mcmmo. I have a few hundred in my possession for example. Granted I bought some of them, but that kinda supports the idea of not letting users get them for free every so often and supports the idea of a player market.
    I'd prefer to support the market for a somewhat desired item than add the ability to get them for nothing every so often(you can do that anyway if you spend some time digging :O).

17. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    "than add the ability to get them for nothing every so often"

you and nicit both think features are free? lol you realize /kits from extcommands and /kit mobs cost real money to obtain right?

not just some kit you get for "nothing" or in nicit's words "free"

should we just lock having the ability to easily name animals behind hours of getting 250 excavation? whats wrong with making features a little more worth while.

#17 SunPrince, Sep 20, 2017
  18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    except both our points are referencing the ingame economics of it, not the cost of the feature. Economically, they are free.

(That's also ignoring the fact that a nametag kit won't be the selling point of extcreations or extcommands, so it really would just be free addition to those with the feature).

//edit to reply to "should we just lock having the ability to easily name animals behind hours of getting 250 excavation? whats wrong with making features a little more worth while."

because adding something minor like that infringes the player market for that item and takes away from the economy needlessly

#18 Nicit6, Sep 20, 2017
  19. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder

Ratings:
    +34
    If they're free in ECC then adding them to a feature should have no effect AT ALL

enless you meant they'd become free if they were added to a feature.

in which case i'd say so is ereps... and every other feature service and those still exist.

Idk why you guys are fighting so hard to keep nametags at 100 ECD it's just to help new players out since they're so hard to get right off the bat of joining the game.

--- i still dont think nametags would be harmed in value in game since they are so useful

#19 SunPrince, Sep 20, 2017
  20. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    Star tools are useful and hard to get right off the bat, lets make donation kits for those!
    BUT to counter my own statement here.
    Not sure how adding a /kit to a donation package helps new players. New players don't get that donation package, they still have to buy it with USD, if not USD they still have to earn the ECD to get the feature packages, not very helpful right off the bat. It's significantly easier to just buy nametags from other users at that point, especially when starting out.
    Why change that? Encouraging player run markets is good.
    It just seems redundant and doesn't actually serve any significant purpose on ECC to add a /kit nametag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.