ECC then vs now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick0jenna, Jun 17, 2017.

?

How long have you played on ECC?

1. 1 or less years

2. 1-2 Years

3. 2-3 Years

4. 3-4 Years

5. 4-5 Years

6. 5+ Years

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Have you been here 5+ years, what is the biggest change in ECC then vs now? (Good or Bad)

#1 Nick0jenna, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Player count and the good ol days of an always active chat. Fun times ;D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Player count

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628

5. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    PvP and no... sg doesn't count
    Stable markets
    Active players that actually do stuff not just chat and lotto
    You could become rich doing something other then using op star tools
    More trolls now then ever

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #5 ajp79, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  6. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    Bad changes: I honestly loved fishing for diamonds when that was a thing. Towns were thriving back then because we had 150+ users and about half of those users were builders. The economy thrived and there wasn't such a big gap between the rich and the poor.

Good Changes:
    Star tools are pretty lit not gunna lie.

#6 TJanicki, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  7. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    I have played ECC for 5+ years. Towns are still going strong. You just need to get in with the right ones.

8. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I have been here just short of three years. The one thing which has remained constant is that there is always someone who thinks that the end is near. And the end not happening never convinces any such person otherwise.

9. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    As many other pointed out, player count. Back then there was a surplus of people who'd farm for you for price lower than /worth (I was once that person), people who needed plots, people who used to buy things from little shops other than those in the market. It was a better time where a hotel business was actually profitable and was not just for people who like luxury. It was when the property market allowed ridiculously priced homes to still be bought. Of course it may sound like I only want more people for profit, but really, that's what the economy is built on. Nowadays, it's just all different. Nobody really buys houses as resident, they go straight for the towns. Towns back then were, too, a rare commodity. Even last row spawnshops (after the redesign) were actually valued, so you had to stay up all night or wake up very early just to snipe any shop before it was taken. Those were the times when you had to fear being killed in the Mining World, let alone the Nether, when tens of people all jumped into one fountain to participate in the snipe chest,when you could be kicked to make room for a donor, when SG arenas filled up almost completely, when chat was impossible to catch up too. I miss the old features too. Back then we auctioned manually, using chat. We enchanted using ordinary enchantment tables. Old PvP was better. Light farms were allowed. There was no such thing as dead chat. The lack of star tools forced you to do more than just grind, for example starting a business, which back then wouldn't be as silly as now.
    And what's now? First, everyone dreams of a startool, just saving up money. Then, they get that startool, and they never see anything other than stone or melon for as long as they keep grinding. Or they can try SG, which is basically a trainwreck. Perhaps not everyone wants to grind. At some point we all get a town. Usually, they turn out to be ordinary plots or a giant vault all for yourself. Of course, some try to build real town, with houses and all that. But good luck selling any of those properties. Nobody needs them nowadays. People just build their own house or hire someone. Spawnshops? Now they're just for the dedicated, most people buy from the front rows and get on with their business. Figurative business, as of course most businesses now are merely silly ideas which simply do not work out. For example, the potion business was really something when PvP was popular. Now, however, they're only good for the end, which also seems to be dying. Would anyone really want to rent a horse now? Those cost $50k once... I don't really know what people do nowadays. Little economic interaction between players and just /selling products of grinding doesn't really do good to the server's economy. But as we already learned, disabling /sell doesn't really work. We need to move people away from grinding, restart the old business models, shift players interests. ECC is, unfortunately, no longer unique for being an economy server, and many servers just attract attention with the use of flashy plugins or minigames. It is a true shame that nobody enjoys Minecraft closer to vanilla any more. But for now, it's just me being sentimental.
    And holy crap, 569 words! My essays are shorter than this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    6+ here
    When the only people on the server were you and Andrew and Andrew actually played :p And no one actually complained about it because whoever you saw, youd probably had interaction with before and knew them. A close knit group.

I missed the shop opening and closing, was a big event to buy materials to sell over the next couple of days like wool, something that wasn't easy to get xD
    Similar to when andrewkm would put a sign on the golden chalice buying something common for a great price. and whoever got their first got a great deal xD

I miss my old friends from the beginning @SynWannabe, @HDvorteX, @TerrestreArdente (Moof) @D0rc @welikeike22 @Larsphee, @Michaelwm @EGO_downmaster @BLTWitch from the beginning.

EcoCityCraft has had to evolve with the times to stay open and successful. But i do miss the old time when you played for no reason but to have fun with everyone and participate in little events that involved everyone because you knew everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #10 Mission001, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Coming up on 5 years now, still poor and noobish.

Player count's probably the biggest thing, although not that I don't mind quiet sessions where you can actually read the chat because it's not going by a thousand miles an hour.
    I miss the old spawn and all the exploring you could do there and how crazy some of the towns next to spawn were
    Getting porkchops and a little bit of cash for voting
    The rubiks cube color shop
    The snipe chest used to be lit. There were times when people would put crazy awesome armor or something in there and we'd get a few dozen people vying for it at once

I mostly wish that a lot of the older players that I knew had stuck around because I sometimes I feel more impatient with this newer generation of players, perhaps I've grown cynical with my old age.

I can't say the server's taken a turn for better or for worse because I believe that each negative change has had an equally positive change to balance it out. I'm still having fun so I guess there's that

12. Qohonez

Qohonez The One And Only!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +32
    Yup, I miss the days when the server was always full. I had to wait to jump online at times because it was to capacity. My favorite part was the player interaction both in the market and the trade channel. I used to love just shopping around in the old 'super laggy' market.

I miss the old spawn too. I mean it doesn't get more iconic than the old spawn. I'm not a fan of the new spawns that we've seen thus far. Anyone still remember when wheat farming was $1.65 if I recall correctly? We can't forget the days when only a few players had erep too! Now it seems like everyone has it so you can't sell the $5k lifetime repairs to players lol.

Survival Games used to be fun too when the maps were always full of players. Well, I know for one thing I'm still committed to ECC. I just hope it picks up in popularity again.

All I know is... if it wasn't for @OK5698 introducing me to ECC and helping me understand how it all works I wouldn't have ever found this amazing community.

@Nick0jenna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #12 Qohonez, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  13. rabidworm

rabidworm Super Waffle!
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +377
    My top three:

1. Like everyone else, player count. Game was super fun with so many more players. Towns were actual towns instead of personal build zones.
    2. Mining world PvP. I've never had more fun or seen a more active PvP scene on ECC than 2012 mining world. Other than brycey holes.
    3. Farming speed. Even end farming at its highest was only 1/3 what pumpkin farming could do back in the day with a 200x200 and an eff 5 axe. The grind is just so long now.

14. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    I miss that property market. RIP selling houses for over 200/300k just because I could lol.

15. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    I feel you man, building and selling property is my number one favorite thing to do on ECC. Not the same as before now, is it? I remember you showing me houses in Gemenon (or is it Genemon?) and I was shocked by the prices...

16. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    I remember being a resident and saving for weeks to get a house in Gemenon for like 25k
    I still have it too :roflmao: