Eco Express -- Issue 1 ~ 2nd December 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DCxCyBeR, Dec 2, 2016.

1. DCxCyBeR

DCxCyBeR Lead GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +220
    Eco Express

Issue 1 ~ 2nd December 2016

Some sad news, but a very warm welcome!

It is sad for me to say that @TaylorBros22 no longer has time to continue with this very helpful and useful news bulletin and so I shall now be taking over as writer.

With all that being said welcome to my first edition. You will have to bear with me as I learn the ropes as a writer and reporter, if you have any suggestions for articles and or other concepts please do not hesitate to put such things forward to me.

Moments Of ECC

A very festive ecc-mas

On ECC I like to think that around the festive period we as a community do a good job at pulling together. This year @DaEpicMiner326 is hosting a Christmas event you simply cannot miss. I had a quick catch-up with him to get the in’s and out’s.

“What is the Winter Gala:

The winter gala is a server wide community party that yours truly will be hosting, the party will have many events for everyone to partake in, list will be listed bellow. Entry is a 100% free but donations are welcome , also listed bellow. I plan to make this quite a ball and all it requires is a bit of your help and for people to show up.

What events are their to partake in

Some of the events I have planned to take place:
    A 2 man team battle off, consisting of 8 events to win a prize of 800k total (400k each). The events will be kept secret til the day of the event and each person will switch for events so be ready for anything
    *If you do not have a set teamate, sign up with it being left blank and I will randomly assign you someone that also does not have one.

A sing off: Theme Winter/Holiday cheer, Japanese Anime theme (These are tricky and I do love a good intro/outro props if you can do this theme well), and Happy/upbeat songs. Prize will be Legacy statue 4.

A giveaway: By showing up to this event and signing in, you will be given 1 entry to win a full stack of Sea Lanterns.

Fireworks: A minimum of 1 double chest will be gather and used for fireworks and it will be glorious.

Donation drive: I am thinking of making two community foundations to help people
    1. A grant foundation : To provide funding for community builds and initiatives, will require a extensive registration and forum contract
    2. CD Care Package foundation: A spontaneous service to supply people with supplies whether it be food, small quantities of funds, tools etc. The recipients will receive things at my digression (IE a resident died while mining, I gave him Armour and tools. Person was hungry so I dropped off food. Perhaps if a builder needs a few dollars for resident I will send it over.
    (Still thinking how to set this up. Perhaps either a forum auction or ingame auction via auction plugin)

Secret Santa: A way to bring the community closer together, I will take in names of those who want to participate. I will randomly give out names to those who wish to participate to gather a gift for.”

That was taken straight from https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/the-winter-gala.159595/#post-894230

Broken Economy

EcoCityCraft has recently seen the /sell function be taken away due to an unexpected exploit (this I shall not mention) leaving the servers most valuable asset ‘The Economy’ somewhat damaged and weakened.

As with most thing there are 2 sides to every story, it could be seen while the /sell is broken the use of the player market is on an increase making them once again a vital part of the game, where now more goods are required to bought by the shop owners. However, by the same token means that activities such as mining, farming and end farming become now a more difficult task.

I spoke to some shop owners as well as farmers and miners to see what the community thought.

Speaking to @Nicit6 he said that “sales are pretty low” and also that he “picked up some gems at a low price, however for business it’s pretty bad”. After I asked him if he has found himself buying more items as a result of it being broken he said “I have tried to keep my buy signs stocked” (this was @Nicit6 owner of /warp station63)

Speaking also to @zr2002 I asked him how the situation affected his mining he actually said “Currently no, I can still mine and save up and sell them later” this I would take as this issues TOP TIP don’t let the problems get you down this is a good solution to the current situation and it might be a way you can make work for you. Thank you @zr2002 for your time.

Raiders of the forgotten chest

As we all know it gets to that time of year where the server does a little bit of cleaning, this means chests and other lwc items that the owner hasn’t interacted with for 6 months then become unlocked. Allowing for the RAIDERS to come out at night!

So be warned check your chests to one keep your things safe or to maybe find its gone !!!!

Congratulations Section

Ranks (all from the last month onwards from November 1st – December 1st)

Builders – Resident

@KPROAirborne

@ mello_hello

@minecraftman530

@_md02

@TPA_01

@_Alanis_

@Killjoy96

@ak645

@Folk_Bear

@AtomicNinja56

@ban00

@goodquest

@Brkess

@lauren_1018

@jellybeans423

@AmaliaMai

@fishburne

@TheCupcakeSeeker

@Doecheldorf

@BackstageMC

@Sir_Mortar

@nickyc514

@Liv_the_Panda

@DomiLife

@maat765

@XdabbonemX

@CalebMelee

@StarTech_

@koopa912

@Liv_the_Panda

@raider666

@Justinh517

@MadCitizen

@SirSoulless

ResidentMayor

@Elethal7

@boxcar567

@_Alanis_

@Tink21

@mollymcin

@makom2snipe

@The_Weird_M

@fishburne

@LiamPM13

@raider666

@johnssu

@0ram

@EMF_Coldwarrior

@fixterjake

@JustINaVW

@1Plus1Equals2

@MadCitizen

@lukefasc

@cubies151

@HammerFTW

@MusicmanX

@lelelin

@FootballCarter15

MayorPresident

@youthfulyoyo

@Tullypup12

@SimsElemental

@Snake_Plisken

@MadCitizen

@Alinator13

@BigDaddy1016

PresidentTycoon

@DaEpicMiner326

@ServerOfWaffles

Tycoon+

Congrats on both of these players on achieving the status of ecoleader

@cdlawrence

@ZevZero

Player of the Paper

My first ever player of the Paper is someone I haven’t had many dealings with however after reading through many applications for builders becoming resident (as you can see above its a lot)

Its @purplelegoender

I noticed this user in particular commenting on lots off applications offering his congratulations and in some cases paying for these users there ranks. I feel this is important in making the new players part of the community both in game and on our forums so keep up the good work.

Final thoughts

That’s it for my first ever issue of this fine piece of ECC heritage, I would like to thank all those that assisted me with interviews etc and if anyone has any suggestions for the next issue this includes articles please feel free to message me.

If you would like your company or town advertised here please forum pm me and im sure we can accommodate you – this will cost a small fee but I intend on using the money to assist the users off ecc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 DCxCyBeR, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016