Green Terra

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tanapeti, Jul 11, 2017.

1. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +27
    My suggestion is to simply bring back green terra.
    Bringing back this active ability would basically make people go back to wheat, carrots, potatoes and beetroots. Its like those crops really don't exist anymore in ecocitycraft. I understand that buffing their prices, could lead to everyone making semi auto farms (even though cocoa semi auto farms exist). So bringing back the green terra and the X3 drops would make farmers realize that those crops can actually make money.
    Also, this would be fair since herbalism is one of the hardest mcmmo skills to train. That would also help the server because people except the tree farmers would buy the mcmmobonusplus features.
    Lastly, the second part of green terra, which is turning stone bricks/cobble blocks into mossy blocks could not be added cause that would make a lot of money since cobble for example is worth 0$ and mossy cobble is worth 0.8$. Another solution could be reevaluating the prices. I'm only making this suggestion because I think we need bigger variety in farming and generally on the ways of making money.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    on the contrary we already have tree farming as a good means of making money if you have maxed mcmmo bonus features. not sure how this would help the server (assuming you're implying financially here) considering anyone who's willing to spend money on those features to make more money has already done so to tree farm... it's not like people are suddenly going to go "damn I hated trees... but wheat, wheat is good".

if we were going to boost current non-cash crops I would rather direct price boosts that benefit everyone. that won't happen most likely however since iirc most crops are at pretty decent numbers already due to mcmmo green thumb (minus food [carrots and potatoes] but honestly you only need so many different crops).

3. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    But i dont understand how this could bring any issue. Yes tree farming is a thing but that doesnt mean it has to be the only one. Thats like saying that years before, when the first star tool the melon sword was released, We didnt need the eff7, star rod , or star axe because people who were willing to spend so much on a tool would buy the sword. However the release of the different variations of star tools actually helped people to make more money doing what they liked the most. But i kind of understand your point here even tho i dont the current crop prices are balanced

4. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    And that is the story of how ECC economy went to shits.

5. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    Yes but this is because everything else got nerfed. This would have happened with the melon sword anyway it wasn't the variety of star tools that did it.

6. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    True, but the variety of star tools made profitable grinding more tailored to everyone's preferences. So if you didn't want to melon farm all day, you could farm trees or fish. Not to mention that the EFF 7 eliminated a big portion of the labour market, more specifically, demolition and clearing.
    The introduction of Star Tools quickly became superior over traditional money-making ways. Everyone started grinding and completely forgot about other options. The property market was dying both ways. Since not only did people make more money and forget about other aspects of the economy, they poured it into ranks and created tons of new towns, making one very easy to get for any player, hence inflating the market with land and property. Back then, giving away free plots would have filled your town to the brim immediately! Now, its common practice. Sure, maybe not everyone uses/used star tools, but somehow it seems that money is made too easily on ECC nowadays anyway. People fly through ranks now.

#6 stoler202, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  7. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    But that is exactly what i am saying. I am the guy supporting those other options besides grinding, but if we are gonna stick to that, lets at least try to improve since its not going to change.

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I dont see why a slight buff to other crops you have to manually farm wouldnt be beneficial even just for the newer placers.

9. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    Exactly, I'm trying to figure what problem could that bring and I cant find any. I just suggested the green terra because its kind of more advanced, but you are right, a slight buff of other crops could help new players too.

10. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    The thing is, people make money too quickly either way. It's not just star tools. Tree farming, as I learned from another player, makes a lot of money. By other options I meant something that isn't grinding objects that you can only /sell to the server. Sure, maybe you can create a small labour market for wheat farming if you buff its price, but since you suggest buffing by it depending on the person's McMMO the best it can do is make players hire replanters. I simply don't think we need to buff grinding. Grinding is the largest and the worst part of ECC. Although it is necessary to some extent (money flows out by ranks, therefore new money must flow in), it replaced all other methods, such as building, demolition, property sales, wheat replanting, basically player-to-player market interaction became limited. Less people sell items to players, since it's much easier to grind and quickly /sell to the server.
    There really is no need to help new players IMO, they can get resident in just a few hours now. Why make it easier? If this suggestion was to go through, there need to be counteractions against other methods.
    And, on the contrary, I only want to see the ability to make mossy cobble/stone bricks (even though those are easy to craft now) from green terra. Cobblestone/stone is not $0 because it's worthless, it's $0 because processing the duped blocks would simply not be worth the time.