[Unofficial] Basic FAQ

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by LTPfiredemon, Jun 17, 2016.

1. LTPfiredemon

LTPfiredemon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +96
    How to get started?
    The best way to get started is to do /kit starter which you can do every 12 hours, this kit gives you basic tools and some food. Another thing that would be useful to all new players is /Tutorial, here you can learn about the server in-game through interactive situations. I would suggest buying food from /Market if you're still setting up a farm as you can usually get 64 baked potatoes for $20 - $25 from the stations to tide you over until your farm is complete.

How do I get land?

You get land when you buy the Mayor rank which costs 85k from Resident. You can also purchase a town off of a player as soon as you get the rank of Resident which costs 15k from Builder (click here to apply; http://tinyurl.com/ECCresapp). Alternatively, if you're just looking for a 10x10 - 20x20 piece of land which can't be griefed that you can build in then you can advertise in /ch tr with "Is anyone selling plots, please?" and wait until a Mayor contacts you about a plot in their town. To check your balance to see if you have enough for a plot, you can do /balance or /bal for short.

How do I make my chests private?
    You can use /lock to make your chests only accessible to you. Though, if you want to let your friends also access your chest you can use /cmodify (username).

How do I sell items?
    You can sell items with /sell hand or if you just want to check the worth of whatever is in your hand then do /worth. You could alternatively sell your items at /Market.

What does WC/ W/C mean?
    WC means Wrong Chat, or, in otherwords, it means that someone has put something into the wrong chat channel and didn't mean to.

How do I message someone privately?
    In order you message someone privately you can use the commands /w (username), /msg (username), /pm (username) or if they're not online you can do /mail send (username). If someone messages you then you can use /r to reply to them.

How do I message someone that has a nickname?
    You can use /rn (nickname) to find out a user's real name if you want to /w them. If it's saying "player not found" then the player is in vanish, /v, and you will have to ask them to either unvanish, message you or just ask them in main chat.

Why can't I use an enchantment table?
    You enchant your things at /warp Expshop where you can choose exactly what enchantments to put on your gear! You can do /xp or /exp to check how much experience you have. The best ways to gain Exp are to mine in the Mining world and to buy from others at /Market.

What are the different chat channels?
    The main chat channel is /ch g which is used for general talking and questions. The second main channel would be /ch tr which is used for advertising something or asking for something generally. If you're in the same area as someone you're talking to then you can use /ch l to talk in local chat which people within 500 blocks of you can see.

What's an LWC?
    LWCs are locks that a user has a finite amount of which will protect their things from being stolen if they use /lock on their chests/ doors/ furnaces etc.. Each rank gains more LWCs that they can use, Builders start off with 15, Residents get 100, Mayors get 300, Presidents get 500 and so on.

Is griefing allowed?
    Griefing and stealing from chests is allowed in non claimed areas such as the Mining World, the Nether and areas outside of towns in Rising or Legacy. You are literally able to grief and steal while in a town but it is a BANNABLE offense.

How do I get access to the Nether?
    You gain access to the Nether by buying the Survivor rank for 20k, you can find the application for it here; https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/forms/form.2/respond. I would personally refrain from getting Survivor until you have /fly but it's up to the user's own discretion.

What are Nether Stars used for?

Nether Stars (Which you get from voting) are used at /warp StarShop in order to purchase the best possible tools to get on the server (such as Melon Swords and Efficiency 7 Pickaxes). Many people buy Nether Stars at /Market in order to obtain these tools, either to use themselves, rent out or straight up sell them to other players. It's not generally worth it to keep your Nether Stars if you're a new players as they're worth quite a lot (You can get Resident in 5 days from JUST voting!) A Melon Sword costs 1,800 Nether Stars (850k - 950k) and an efficiency 7 costs 2,000 Nether Stars (around 1,000,000 ECD or so.

What enchantments does the Nether Star sword and pickaxe have?
    The Nether Star sword, Melon Sword, comes with the enchantments Efficiency 5 & Silk Touch 1 and can make 14k - 17k / hour. The Nether Star pickaxe, Eff 7, comes with the enchantments Efficiency 7, Silk Touch 1 and Unbreaking 3 and can make 15k - 25k + / hour depending on when the Mining world was last reset.

What's the best way to make money?
    This isn't a very easy question as for a Builder it's a lot harder to make money than for someone more experienced. A Builder can make money through Mining at /warp Mining, buying farm perms and Farming there, or Survival Games at /SG Join. If you're going Mining, save money and XP until you can get Fortune 3 on your pick and then go for Efficiency 5 to make mining a lot easier and I would also say that you should stick to Y:11 or Y:7 if you plan to Mine. For Farming, I suggest Cocoa farming if you want to be active during your time or if you'd rather be less active, you can get a Pumpkin Axe and grind through Pumpkins to make money. If in SG, you can use /kit after the timer has finished to use the free kits that each have a 2h cooldown.

Why can't I use /tpa?
    The command /tpa is reserved for those who have purchased it through /buyfeature for either 300k when there's no 60% off booster in effect or for 120k when there is a 60% booster in effect. Many users who do have /tpa will gladly tp you to friends & vica versa for free if you ask in /ch tr.

Why are pistons, breeding, automatic farms, light farms, cactus farming, hoppers etc.. banned?

All of these things are banned for various reasons mostly due to causing lag or having dupe bugs with them. None of them are expected to be re-enabled as nobody wants someone to dupe or lag the server.

What does [$]. [$$], [$$$], [$$$$], [VIP] mean?
    These all show how much someone has donated to the server, they're left over from when the only way to get features was to buy them with real money. Each donator rank is purely cosmetic and does not provide any benefits. [$] means someone has donated at least $15, [$$] is $51, [$$$] is $151, [$$$$] is $251 and [VIP] is $501 and this trend continues all the way to [*VIP*]

What is a feature booster?
    A feature booster is something that can be bought on ECC's store for $15 that will lower the price of ALL buyable features from /buyfeature by 60% for 10 minutes.

USEFUL FEATURE LIST;

MultiHome - gives you the ability to set 5 homes - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster

Teleport - allows you to teleport to people with their permission - 300k w/ o booster, 120k w/ booster

Back - allows you to go back to where you last teleported from/ to where you last died - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster

Water - Allows you to place water without a cooldown per block - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster

Pyro - Allows you to place lava and fire - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster

PyroPlus - Stops you from taking damage while in lava or fire - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster (you need Pyro first)

WaterPlus - Stops you taking suffocation damage from blocks & water - 225k w/ o booster, 90k w/ booster (you also need Water to buy this)

ExtCreations - Allows you to place lift, bridge, gate signs - 450k w/ o booster, 180k w/ booster

Fly - gives you /fly and /speed when NOT in the Mining world or Nether - 900k w/ o booster, 360k w/ booster.

FlyPlus - allows you to use /fly and /speed in the Nether and Mining World - 900k w/ o booster, 360k w/ booster (Must have fly to buy this)

ExtCommands - Allows you to access your enderchest ( /ec ) anywhere and repair NON enchanted tools - 750k w/ o booster, 300k w/ booster

ExtCommandsPlus - Gives you /repair for enchanted tools (erep) and lets you use anvils- 750k w/ o booster, 300k w/ booster (Must have ExtCommands to buy this)

Miscellaneous information;

When you do /warp Mining, make sure to go THROUGH the portal before you do /wild in order to actually be in the Mining world.

The Mining world usually resets at the START of every month.

The only world in which you will gain Exp is the Mining world.

Hostile
    mobs will only spawn in the Mining world and and rare occurrences.

Useful links;
    http://tinyurl.com/ECCtradesigns - if you want to know how to make trade signs (only Resident + can make Trade Signs)

If you can think of any more questions or if I've messed up, please post them below so I can rectify my post, thanks!

• Informative x 5
    • Winner x 4
    • Potato x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 LTPfiredemon, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    This is just what I needed, thanks a ton!

3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    i'll link all my new towns residents to this. Everyone asks these all the time >.<

4. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    tl;dr

Jk, great guide, I would suggest this to newer players

5. Kaique

Kaique Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info!

6. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Cool guide. You should pribably put some information in on the ranking process (rank applications and features), as well as some stuff on survival games.

7. EmmaWolf

EmmaWolf Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +312
    Nice guide. I don't mean to be the grammar police but you put two "and" next to each in this line: Hostile mobs will only spawn in the Mining world and and rare occurrences.