2017 ECC Olympics Sign Up Thread

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by a_man21, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    @a_man21 @bmanvman

Please, can you sort out the times for all the events BEFORE you close sign-ups? Lots of Europeans are going back to school that week (luckily I am not), making it difficult for them to know whether they can play with having to go to bed early. If you do something to sort this out it would be really helpful.

4-5pm is okay for Americans... but that's about 10-11pm for most Europeans ;/

2. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    We certainly want everyone who has signed up to be able to participate, but the dilemma that we are struggling with right now for the timing is that there does not seem to be a time that is good for everybody. If we schedule the events early in the afternoon to accommodate Europeans, then many North American players will still be in school when the events take place. If we schedule the events later to accommodate the North Americans, then like you said, it will be too late in the evening for many Europeans to play. With the Olympics it is our intention for the events to be available for everybody, we want as many people to participate as possible, and we will do our best to pick times in order to accommodate as many players as possible, but unfortunately we will not be able to pick times that will work perfectly for everyone.

3. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    I understand that, but please get the times out before you close sign ups. I know for a fact that people in our team are reluctant to sign up because they don't know whether they can be in it or not.

#23 _Sharpy, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Sorry for the delay, here is the schedule for the Olympic events:

Saturday, August 19:
    3:00pm: Opening ceremonies/lighting of the Olympic torch
    Golf Course opens for players

Sunday, August 20:

3:00pm: Spleef

Monday, August 21:
    5:00pm: Hockey

Tuesday, August 22:
    5:00pm: Elytra Race

Wednesday, August 23:
    5:00pm: Boat Racing (water)
    Boat Racing (ice)

Thursday, August 24:
    5:00pm: Archery
    Fashion Contest

Friday, August 25:
    5:00pm: Horse Racing (rising)
    Horse Racing (legacy)

Saturday, August 26:
    3:00pm: PVP (single)
    PVP (team)

Sunday, August 27:
    3:00pm: Closing ceremonies
    Golf Course closes

Notes:
    This schedule is subject to change
    All times are in eastern standard time
    Golf is not held at one single time. Players will contact @a_man21 , @bmanvman , or @CaptainWow12 sometime while the course is open to play. The player with the best score at the end of the week will win. Players will only be able to play 1 round, no practice rounds.

This information has been edited into the main post in this thread. Feel free to adjust your teams as necessary before August 19 when sign ups end. Guidelines/how to play for each event will be added within the next few days. Good luck to everyone!

#24 a_man21, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    What's the time zone for the schedule? If it's EST I'd have to be up at 3am and 5am (which I am not used to)

6. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311
    @MarshmallowDerp

7. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848
    #27 Bmanvman, Aug 18, 2017
  8. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
  9. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    1. What is the name of your team/nation? Xboy's Angels

2. Do you have a banner to submit as your nation's flag? Yes I do

3. List all the members of your nation and what events they will be participating in
    @xboyfernz - All events excluding golf and horse racing in rising, but in legacy yes
    @_Sharpy - PvP single , PvP team , Archery, Spleef, Both boat races, Horse racing legacy, sky diving, Hockey 3 player team
    @JustOneGecko - Skydiving needs elytra supplied, Fashion contest
    @wolfspy7 - Everything but horse racing in rising, but in legacy and pvp team
    @soyuzpixel - skydiving needs elytra supplied , golf, boat racing both, horse racing, hockey
    @Heddaaa - Spleef , Pvp single
    @RandomMan_ - Horse race in legacy, Fashion contest
    @Ndm57dcraft- Everything but hockey and the elytra race and horse race in rising

Horse races for this team will only be in one of the world's Im guessing legacy because we only rented them for one world

#29 xboyfernz, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311

This thread will be locked at approximately 7pm on August 19, you have until then to make any changes to your teams. There are no exceptions to this.

Here are the guidelines/rules for each event, please abide by these during each and every event:
    General Olympics rules that apply to every event:

• No use of any potions during any events, even nightvision or /nv. If we see particles, you will be disqualified.
    • Be respectful to other competitors, the judges of each event, and server staff members who assist with the competition.
    • All competitors must obey all of ECC’s server rules and obey any requests from event judges
    • Any violation of these rules can result in a disqualification from an individual event or the entire Olympics.
    • Each event will be hosted tournament style, there will be a bracket for each event, and players will compete in each event to get a shot at playing for gold, silver, and bronze medals.
    • Race will be 3 laps long, the first racer to complete 3 laps and reach the finish line in a boat will win.
    • The race will start with a gate sign opening and allowing racers access to the track.
    • Do not attempt to break other racers’ boats, doing so will result in the player finishing in last place in the race.
    • No more than 5 racers will compete at one time.
    • 2 players will compete at once (1v1), each round will last 3 minutes. After the 3 minutes both players will be counted as a loss.
    • Players are required to remain inside the PVP arena designated for the competition
    • Players are required to use the armor, tools, and weapons provided. Anyone found with other items in their inventory will be disqualified.
    • 2 teams of three players each will compete in each match (3v3), each round will last 5 minutes.
    • Players are required to remain inside the PVP arena designated for the competition.
    • Players are required to use the armor, tools, and weapons provided. Anyone found with other items in their inventory will be disqualified.
    • Players will shoot 3 arrows each at 3 different targets. The player with the most “bull’s eye” hits will win the event.
    • Players must stand at the designated stations to shoot from.
    • 1 player will compete at a time
    • Players will throw a snowball item to take their shot
    • 1 round is 18 holes
    • To start playing at a hole, the player will stand on the blue tee marker. An unenchanted bow will be used to shoot arrows as a "driver", and a snowball will be thrown on ice as a "putter."
    • The player with the least amount of strokes for 1 round is the winner. Par is irrelevant for the purposes of this event.
    • 2 players will compete against each other (1v1) for each match.
    • Players are required to use a shovel with silk touch. These will be provided to players who do not own them.
    • If both players are stuck on islands and cannot cross over to the other player, the player with the larger island will win.
    • No use of fly, /j, speed, or anything else that would give you an unfair advantage.
    • Race will be 1 lap, the first racer to reach the finish line in a boat will win.
    • The race will start with a gate sign opening and allowing racers access to the track.
    • Do not attempt to break other racers’ boats, doing so will result in the player finishing in last place in the race.
    • 2 teams of three players each will compete against each other.
    • The first team to 3 goals, or whoever has the most goals after 5 minutes of play will win. There will be sudden death overtime if there is a tie after 5 minutes.
    • A parrot will be used as a hockey puck, you must push the parrot into the goal and light up the lamps in order to score.
    • Any player who punches/injures/kills the parrot will receive a penalty, and will not be permitted to play for the remainder of the game. The team that receives the penalty will play will one less player for the remainder of the match, in other words a powerplay will be awarded to the opposing team.
    • Players are required to wear red or blue dyed armor appropriate to their team.
    • Race will be 1 lap, the first racer to reach the finish line on horseback will win.
    • Do not attempt to injure other players' horses, doing so will result in the player finishing in last place in the race.
    • Players must start at the designated starting location (helicopter), and will all start at once at the opening of a gate.
    • 3 racers will compete at once
    • You must fly through the rings in order; if you miss a gate you must circle back around and fly through it, either with rockets, or by having another player teleport you to the last ring you completed.
    • Be aware that it is very possible for you to die playing this event. Colliding with rings and falling will give you damage. It is not recommended for you to participate in this event if you do not have the fly feature, or if you are inexperienced with flying an elytra. You, and only you are responsible for any items that you may lose in the event of a death during the event, even with the fly feature it is possible for you to take damage or die from crashing into items while flying.
    • It is recommended that you fly though each ring with the green banner on your right and the red on the left.
    • Checkpoint rings are marked with an orange banner. Should you “land” on a ring or anywhere else that makes it impossible for you to continue flying, you will be teleported to the last checkpoint ring that you completed, where you will jump again and continue flying.
    • The first player to fly through the final hoop (number 16) after going through all of them in the correct order will win.
    • There will be a "best skin" and a "worst skin" contest, both event winners and runners up will receive prizes.
    • You may use any skin (that obeys ECC's rules) along with any items using /hat, skulls, armor, elytras, shields, etc. to create your best or worst look!
    • The prizes for this event are being provided by Epicure and may not directly match the prizes mentioned above

Locations for each event will be announced tomorrow evening after sign ups close.​

#30 a_man21, Aug 18, 2017
  11. green_tiger77

green_tiger77 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
  12. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I'm afraid because of school I will not be able to participate in the Olympics. I am so sorry, there isn't a 100% chance that I will be there, and I can't do that to my team. @Miki_Dino

13. theYuniverse

theYuniverse Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +18
    Name of team:
    TheYunion

Banner:
    Yes, we do have a banner.

List of members and events (the players in orange may be able to attend but we will be looking for more people):
    theYuniverse doing
    • Spleef, PVP (single/teams), Boat racing (ice), Elytra racing, Archery
    CaptainDeath33
    • PVP (single/teams), Elytra racing, Horse racing
    pokeball92870
    • Golf, Hockey, Boat racing (both), Archery

Ochinimo
    • All of them except for single PVP
    Diamondboy066
    • All of them (not quite sure, making some finalizations)
    MinecraftCking9
    • Boat racing (both), Archery, Spleef, Hockey, Horse racing, Sky diving
    TheEpicLime

• Boat racing (both), Archery, Golf, Spleef, Hocker, Horse racing, Sky diving
    Actionman1008
    • PVP (single/teams), Archer, Spleef, Boat racing (on water), Hockey

#33 theYuniverse, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  14. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident

Ratings:
    +848
    Opening ceremony has been cancelled due to not enough people being able to attend. Spleef is tomorrow at 3pm est. Thanks

15. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident

Ratings:
    +848
    Golf: /warp golf
    Elytra Racing: /warp elytra
    Horse racing(rising): /warp olympics
    Horse racing(legacy): /warp legacyrace
    Archery: /warp olympics
    Spleef: /warp foxcrest
    Boat racing on ice: /warp foxcrest
    Boat racing on water: /warp boatrace
    Hockey: no warp atm will be one
    PVP: /warp america turn around and walk to the big glass box

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident

Ratings:
    +848
  17. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛

Ratings:
    +964
    Will this event be put onto YouTube? I'm away for the weeks and would love to see what I'm missing out on. And it's good promo for the server as well.

18. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident

Ratings:
    +848
    I believe @Toymaster3 will be filming some of it!

19. theYuniverse

theYuniverse Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think i'll be filming some of it as well :D

20. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Thanks everyone for signing up, as of now all teams are now final, no changes are permitted after this point. Good luck to everyone this week! Please keep an eye on this thread for updates from myself and @bmanvman .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.