A guide to making money and being successful on our server.

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Skullman774, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skullman774

Skullman774 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Contents:
    Voting for the server.

Mining

General Farming/Fishing

Pumpkin farming

Melon farming

Reed farming

Fishing

building/landscaping

PvP

Everyone wants to make money on this server, for it is the one and only MAJOR ECONOMY SERVER! Money is how people live on this server. But 'how do I make money?' is a frequently asked question by Builders and Residents+ alike.

Well here's how:

Everyone needs money to start off so that they can buy plots/materials for a house in the wild and also buy some tools, how do you get this money? Well, follow these simple steps about

*Voting!*: Voting for the server not only gets you money and food, but supports the server greatly as well. Voting every day will get you 1.25k and 80 pieces of juicy grilled pork. Just go to ecocitycraft.com/vote and click on each of the 5 main vote buttons and just enter your name and the Captcha letters. On your first day on ecocitycraft, after you vote, you should have enough money for tools to start

**Mining!**: After voting, you should definitely have enough money to purchase a couple diamonds, as of Wednesday, Semptember 26th, diamonds are the easiest to buy at spawn shops (especially kingjames236 spawn shop). Once you get enough diamonds to make a couple pickaxes, dig down (to be safe dig in the middle of 2 blocks) all the way to level 5-12! Once you reach those levels, begin strip mining! (strip mining is the best technique in the mainworld due to the fact that most caves are exhausted by other miners on the server) You will find many riches, especially redstone and there is also, with patience, a very high chance of diamonds! What you can do with all the redstone is sell it too the server, also, since redstone and other ores that drop a gem instead of the ore itself gives exp, you can save up for 30 levels and then with that 30 levels you can enchant a pickaxe and hopefully get a nice enchantment (With efficiency, Unbreaking, and Fortune/Silktouch). By then you should understand the concept of mining pretty good and you should be rich enough to move on to

***Farming/Fishing!***: (If you do not enjoy farming, you may continue to mine) Farming is not as exciting as mining and does not give you exp, however, it makes money at least twice as fast if you can farm well. After a good time of mining you should be able to have developed a nice budget and should be able to afford to buy a farm/get the materials to build a farm or fish. Here's how farms/fishing works:

Wheat: Wheat gives you $1.25 a piece and does not require any tools to farm, you just need to have water and soil and you must be prepared to plant new seeds after harvesting.

Pumpkin: Pumpkins are the fastest crops to be harvested (if you have an eff. v axe) and are rather easy to plant and harvest, just grab your best axe and chop them down! However, due to how fast they can be farmed, they are not very expensive when you're selling them to the server. (Sidenote: Also, you can save pumpkins for the pumpkin pie).

Melon: Yes, this type of farming requires the most funds put into it, due to the fact that melon farming relies on the need for an Efficiency/(Unbreaking)/Silktouch tool. However, it is one of the fastest money makers if you manage to get an Eff. IV/V (Unbreaking III) Silktouch I Pickaxe, axe, or sword. It also regrows automatically, so it is easy farming, just break and take.

Reed: Reed farming is easy farming, it is a break-and-take way of farming, however, reed farms are extremely hard to make, especially if you do not have access to placing water, so the best way to get a reed farm is to rent/buy farms (RockDassie's farm is pretty much the best one on ECC to rent).

Fishing: Fishing is rather simple, just buy/make a fishing rod and find/rent a good pond, just throw your fishing rod into the water and wait for the water to make a sound and for the end of the string to plunge into the water, if you are fast enough, you should be able to catch fish well with this method, fish make $50 each but are pretty hard to catch (especially with the new mcmmo treasure hunter factor giving us used stone axes and crap like that :p)
    Anyway, once you've farmed/fished/mined enough you should have enough money to start

****Trading!****: After a lot of mining/farming/fishing, you should probably have quite a bit of money on hand and a lot of excellent tools/other items. These good tools/other items are of good use to you if you are a good salesman/auctioneer. You can go in /ch tr and advertise the tool/item you are selling (this, however, takes loads of patience). If noone wants to buy your item after a couple hours of advertising in on the trade channel, just go in /ch auc when you feel some of the richest buyers are on and begin to auction it, it is best to start your auction at a low price ($0-$100) and the bid will most likely raise greatly from there, depending on the item and the people that are online that want/need it. Once you've traded/farmed/fished/mined enough you should have sufficient funds to begin

*****Building/Landscaping!*****: Welcome to the lands of outerlocal and xxHoboBunnyxX ! Building is a fun and amazing aspect of Minecraft, Minecraft is known greatly for the ability to build what you want, when you want. And ECC represents that greatly! Everything on the server except the spawn is user-made with materials they have earned/bought. You should have enough money from the previous methods and you can go to the build shop at the spawn or go to the user-made trade shops/market to buy cheap materials. With these materials, you can make many amazing structures that will be featured throughout ECC! Who knows? One day you may get your town/structure within a town on the town spotlight on the front page, also, after building amazing structures/towns, you can make an epic amount of money by selling rooms/houses/hotels and other buildings. Also, if you are known for being an excellent builder around ECC, people all around may hire you to build stuff for them, and that, too, makes a HUGE amount of money. After a lot of building/trading/farming/fishing/mining and money making, if you would like to, you can retire to

******PvP!!!!******: This is a fun way to retire from those other methods, if you want to, but you do not have to. Once you are rich enough from building/trading/farming/fishing/mining, you should have a budget large enough to get yourself some nice PvP gear (Full Protection III/IV and a Sharpness III/IV/ maybe V if you can sword and [optional] a Power III/IV/ Maybe V if you can bow). Once you have good PvP gear, you can suit up and begin fighting! PvP is extremely fun and can be found in the PvP arena/ Miningworld. Also, do not think that once you start PvPing you are cutting down on your budget, because you are not, if you are good enough, you can kill others and make a handsome amount of money by selling their stuff.

Thanks and have a great time on ECC,
    -Skullman

Suggestions for me to add to this post and +1's for this post are more than appreciated!

#1 Skullman774, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. kevin24068

kevin24068 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +113
    Re: A guide to making money and being successful on our serv

+9001

3. xxHoboBunnyxX

xxHoboBunnyxX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0

It sucks that I can't build too much anymore :/

School and stuff

I will still do design though, it would take me a while but I will eventually get stuff done :D

4. alltheway87

alltheway87 Builder

Ratings:
    +10

Baws formatting I must say. Also +1 quite helpful.

5. kardo09

kardo09 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2

amazing formation
    gonna reccomend to everyone
    +++++++++++ feedback

6. Skullman774

Skullman774 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91

Thanks so much!

Thanks! Reccomending to others will be really helpful!

7. Skullman774

Skullman774 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91

Table of contents has been edited. Suggestions appreciated everyone :D this tutorial has to be as good as possible.

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Nice tutorial,
    Hope it still applies cause tis a lil old :p

9. Skullman774

Skullman774 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Hm...I'll try to fix it when I get time, so that I can format it to fit this new website.

10. Skullman774

Skullman774 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Edited, meh...I found myself time to do it.

11. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    aha I appreciate the tag :p

12. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Out of date

13. _MashiroX_

_MashiroX_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    It still works until now, followed the guide, got alot of money in a week! Thank-you very much! Really helpful for the new players. :)

14. scrumalvin

scrumalvin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Are carrot a good source of money as well as wheet or not

15. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Lol dat necro but

16. bolt67890

bolt67890 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Wait, when farming melons you try to get WHOLE MELONS?!?!

17. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Indeed you do, but please don't necropost old threads.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.