Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Additional Medal | Beat ECC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mochocrap, Jan 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    In Game Name:
    Mochocrap
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Additional Medal
    What are you suggesting:
    With the economy in mind I'm proposing an additional medal to purchase with ECD. Similar to the (I think) 15m ECD bill. This medal would cost much more than the current ECD medal (thinking like 100m), a symbol that you've beaten ECC economically. The price isn't for me to say, whatever price the high table deems adequate with todays economy.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think it would be a great way to draw some money out of the economy.
    Other information:
    I made some mockup medal artwork ideas for shits and giggles. I'm also not an artist haha. Maybe we could make an artwork event/competition and let the people decide.

Plugin or custom addition:
    Na
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Mochocrap, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  2. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395

I understand the intent of this new medal, but I don't think it's really necessary.

There already exist ways to represent "beating ECC" not only economically, but also through the various tasks that can be accomplished via prestiges. EcoLegend is a byproduct of having a lot of money, one could argue, as it costs $30 million. We also do have a forum ECD medal which is basically what this suggestion is laying out (which costs $15 million).

The nuance not directly mentioned is that at first, sure, it may be difficult to attain this medal. However I can see it becoming much easier to obtain over time, as has happened with mythic swords and ranks (which have had to be quintupled in price).

Again, I understand the direction of this suggestion, but I think if we're going to have something like it, then we either need to raise the requirement for the forum ECD medal (perhaps to the $100 million figure you mentioned), or do something about the high-end ranks (EcoLeader, EcoMaster, EcoLegend). An entirely new system isn't the best implementation for this.

I like the artwork on the medal. +1! :)

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I agree with the above response.
    As well, we really don't need more medals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.