[All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Magic Rod

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fon_, Sep 28, 2026.

  1. Fon_

    Fon_ Kindhearted Shade
    Moderator EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    May 26, 2014
    Messages:
    830
    Trophy Points:
    63,910
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +420
    In Game Name:
    Fon_​
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Magic Rod​
    What are you suggesting:
    I would like to suggest adding Boosts to Magic Fishing Rods.

    Boosting would give players an extremely small chance of obtaining an additional reward when fishing. The possible rewards would be an Apparel Key, a God Drop, or a Star Key, with all three rewards having an equal chance of being awarded.

    The chance of triggering the perk would increase with each Boost level:

    Boost I: 1 in 25,000 chance per catch.

    Boost II: 1 in 15,000 chance per catch.

    Boost III: 1 in 10,000 chance per catch.

    When the perk activates, the player would receive one of the three rewards at random, with each having a 33.3% chance of being selected. The reward would be additional to the normal fishing catch, so the player would not lose their usual loot.

    The proposed odds and rewards could be adjusted at the staff's discretion to maintain the balance of the server's economy.
    ​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    As a fellow fisherman, I'd say this is a HUGE opportunity to make fishing even more exciting on EcoCityCraft! We're talking about making fishing GREAT again!

    For me, fishing is a fun way to spend my time on the server. It allows me to stay active in chat, have fun with other players, and engage with the community. And frankly, nobody loves fishing more than I do. Nobody, not even Atzall. But we can make it even better.

    Imagine casting your rod and reeling in an Apparel Key, a God Drop, or a Star Key. Tremendous rewards! The best rewards! And all from a humble fishing rod. It's going to be beautiful.

    Of course, these rewards would remain extremely rare. We're not giving them away to just anybody! The odds would be carefully balanced, keeping each discovery special while giving fishermen something incredible to look forward to. You could fish for hours, days, even weeks, and then — BOOM! — the catch of a lifetime.

    This perk would give players another great reason to grab their rods, spend time fishing, chat with fellow players, and enjoy the fantastic EcoCityCraft community. More fishing, more fun, more excitement. A tremendous deal for everyone.

    Let's make fishing great again!
    ​
    Other information:
    N/A​
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A​
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.​
     
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. LordHassel

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2021
    Messages:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    22,940
    Ratings:
    +25
    +1 even if not the posted suggestion I have spent some time trying a lot of money methods coming back into the game, and quite frankly fishing seems lackluster and mundane only real benefit is /selling hand adding something like this would cause more interaction in the community and economy. Adding some additional benefit to fishing would be fun and more people would be seen fishing in towns, mcmmo parties etc.
     
  3. YungJuise

    YungJuise ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2026
    Messages:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    34,015
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14
    +1
    I know fishing is an issue due to how easy it is to automate, and that's unfortunate that we live in a world where people will afk fish ;-;....
    BUT!
    I love the idea and the drop chance being extremely low I think would be a great incentive to get more people to fish. I spend a lot of time fishing myself, and even though I don't think it's currently in any way comparable to other money making methods; I still love a good fishing session to clear the mind at /warp waterfall :)
     
  4. Wazupbutrcup

    Wazupbutrcup The Silent Strategist
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2014
    Messages:
    448
    Trophy Points:
    69,610
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +128
    ~1
    Very neutral on this topic, due to the fact people will still find a way to auto fish for just these methods alone...
     
  5. LordHassel

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2021
    Messages:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    22,940
    Ratings:
    +25
    I mean then it becomes a rule enforcement issue is why you are -1. Mechanics shouldn't NOT be added because the few may abuse if thats the case then get them out its against the rules simple as.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Foyyy

    Foyyy Staff Member
    Moderator President ⛰️⛰️

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2021
    Messages:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    24,300
    Ratings:
    +15
  7. GlennTheOstrich

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2020
    Messages:
    109
    Trophy Points:
    46,410
    Ratings:
    +49
    +1 Fishing needs some love right now