[All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Nether Gold Ore

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fescht, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Fescht

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +361
    In Game Name:
    Fescht
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Nether Gold Ore
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting to add the ability to Boost Nether Gold Ore.

We already have Boosted Nether Quartz Ore and Boosted Ancient Debris so I figured we could add another option to increase ECD output and more use of the Nether.

I understand Nether Gold Ore spawns a bit more frequently than overworld vanilla/deepslate Gold Ore BUT the server buys gold for half the price of iron. With Iron Ingots selling for $3.14 and Gold Ingots selling for $1.56 so I don't believe this would be an unbalanced addition to the mining variety of boosted ores that we already have on the server.

The odds for Boosted Nether Gold Ore could be:

Boost 1 - 2x more Gold drops from Nether Gold ores.
    Boost 2 - 3x more Gold drops from Nether Gold ores.
    Boost 3 - 4x more Gold drops from Nether Gold ores.

I would appreciate discussion in what could be the benefits from b1 - b3 for the Nether version.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    More utilization of Boosts, More useable money making methods from the Nether, and Utilization of more blocks on the server.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Our Boost Plugin
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 Fescht, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  2. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    +1, yes please it just makes sense.

3. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,499,999
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Although I do have a personal interest in boosting nether gold ore, I'm mostly neutral on this suggestion.
    I'm still not sure what hourly income the ECC administration is actually aiming for, so I'm just going to provide some numbers here:

My peak mining yield in the nether was around 5000 gold blocks per hour with a magic pickaxe, i.e. about $124k when sold to a prestige shop (plus maybe $15k for XP). A x4 boost III ore would increase this to about $500k/hour (plus the $15k for XP, which becomes somewhat irrelevant at those numbers).

I am well aware that my (honestly quite unsustainable) mining strategy isn't necessarily a good representation of the average miner's income, but it is at least one data point.

4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1, This would just add another way of making money. Nether mining is different as you are only really searching for 1 or 2 things compared to mining in the mining world.