Acknowledged [All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Redstone Ore Buff / Revamp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xdogx, Jan 2, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdogx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +45
    In Game Name:
    xdogx
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Redstone Ore Buff / Revamp
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm suggesting a few ways to improve boosted redstone ore. Taking a look at "redstone ore" and "deepslate redstone ore" spawns, regular redstone ore seems to generate from about 16 to 0 while deepslate generates from 0 to -64 (with increased spawns the lower you go) meaning that a small percent of redstone ores are actually eligible for boosted benefits. Knowing this, boosting redstone ore really doesn't seem worth it as it limits the Y level you need mine at, forcing you to mine higher and give up finding other resources. As it stands right now, Deepslate Redstone Ore not getting any boost benefits is something that should be changed, here are a few ideas on how it could be done:

1) Make Deepslate redstone ore boostable with the same benefits as regular redstone ore. Each would boost their respective version.

2) Make the Boost III version of redstone ore apply effects to deepslate ore as well, making all redstone ore give boosted drops with a single boosted ore.

3) Change the boosted block to something neutral like a redstone block (like the original suggestion here: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/main-server-suggestion-boosted-redstone-blocks.222147/ ) Boosting the block would give benefits to both ore types (Boost I 50%, II 75%, III 100%) This would also require a way to turn in old boosted redstone ores for the new boosted redstone block, similar to the magic boots or mojang key exchanges. With the redstone block being boosted it would also increase the selling price by 5%, 10%, and 15% respectively. (I did not do any math trying to balance if this would make selling redstone too profitable, but if it is then another unsellable neutral item would replace the redstone block and apply effects to both ores.)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would increase the amount of boosts being used, the regular redstone ore right now seems too niche to be of much benefit. With the mining buff that happened I think the boosted redstone block would bring redstone in line with the rest of the ores and improve the mining experience with increased drops from both ores and a small buff to prices.
    Other information:
    Boosted Deepslate Redstone Ore has been suggested before in June and marked as "in progress" but it's been 6 months and several pages of suggestions have passed, so I wanted to bring this back into the spotlight with other ideas as well as I think its a much needed improvement.

Boosted Deepslate Suggestion: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/thre...estion-boosted-deepslate-redstone-ore.222801/
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +211
    +1

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade