In Progress [All Main Servers Suggestion] Magic Axe Shift Right Click Toggle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Sep 24, 2024.

  1. Jdawger

    Jdawger Return of the Jdawger era
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2013
    Messages:
    4,786
    Trophy Points:
    92,160
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,528
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger​
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Magic Axe Shift Right Click Toggle​
    What are you suggesting:
    Change the magic axe toggling from just a Right Click to a Shift Right Click (in a similar fashion to how the Magic Grass toggles)​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are many times where I want to right click to toggle one of the two axe MCMMO abilities (for woodcutting or PvE) or want to strip some already placed logs and it changes my axe setting. It also likes to toggle when I am placing block with my off-hand when that is in my main hand. A shift right click to toggle will easily make it less annoying.​
    Other information:

    ​
    Plugin or custom addition:

    ​
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.​
     
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Sep 24, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2024
  2. FuriuosGeorge

    FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2016
    Messages:
    843
    Trophy Points:
    52,510
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +368
    zomg so many +1 on this one!
     
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

    ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2014
    Messages:
    8,475
    Trophy Points:
    106,160
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +5,761
    I'll see what we can do.
     
  4. ClarinetPhoenix

    ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2014
    Messages:
    8,475
    Trophy Points:
    106,160
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +5,761
    I'm keep this under review, but unlock it and see how people feel about the current toggles and whether we should look into changing it or not.
     
  5. xvgwest

    xvgwest President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Messages:
    84
    Trophy Points:
    58,670
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +31
  6. RealRichNixon

    RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    2,417
    Trophy Points:
    76,910
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +570
    +1, same happens to me with my magic shovel as well -- instead of deleting 1 block I end up deleting a chunk.
     
  7. YungJuise

    YungJuise ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2026
    Messages:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    34,015
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14
    Mistakes were made...
     
    #7 YungJuise, Oct 1, 2026 at 4:32 PM
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2026 at 4:34 PM
  8. YungJuise

    YungJuise ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2026
    Messages:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    34,015
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14
    +1, same happens to me with my magic shovel -- instead of deleting 1 block I end up deleting a 11x11 area accidentally LOL. As a owner of a town / farm, it can be kind of an annoyance whenever you accidentally are in the farm and mis-click with a magic shovel or accidentally delete a whole row of jungle logs from a cocoa bean farm with a magic axe on tree-feller mode xD. Even though I'm willing to take great precaution while using / keeping said tools in my inventory; I think this would be a good QOL improvement.
     
  9. OConner1279

    OConner1279 Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    590
    Trophy Points:
    44,660
    Ratings:
    +665
    -1 for adding this to magic shovel. Forcing shifting while doing that will make you fly downwards every time you want to change mode, which would suck.

    I don't use magic axe, so idk if this is a problem for that, but its def a reason why NOT to do this for the shovel.
     
  10. YungJuise

    YungJuise ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2026
    Messages:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    34,015
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14
    Not if you hold space while you press shift, you wouldn't move while flying.
     
  11. siraj93

    siraj93 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2014
    Messages:
    353
    Trophy Points:
    70,670
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +37
    +1 for all magic tools please.
    Mcmmo abilities activation and magic mode switching being different toggles would be amazing.
     
  12. ClarinetPhoenix

    ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2014
    Messages:
    8,475
    Trophy Points:
    106,160
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +5,761
    The Magic Shovel does not give mcmmo exp at all - does it really need a shift+right click toggle change?

    Genuinely exploring this for QoL changes for you guys so I'm not saying "no" just looking at the reasons.
     
    #12 ClarinetPhoenix, Oct 4, 2026 at 3:18 PM
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2026 at 3:20 PM
  13. siraj93

    siraj93 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2014
    Messages:
    353
    Trophy Points:
    70,670
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +37
    Can live without having the toggles different on a shovel, thought it might be better for consistency; as in shift + right click being the default for magic modes toggling.