[All Main Servers Suggestion] Nerf Amethyst

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OConner1279, Sep 22, 2026.

  1. OConner1279

    OConner1279 Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    590
    Trophy Points:
    44,660
    Ratings:
    +665
    In Game Name:
    OConner1279​
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Nerf Amethyst​
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that a system be introduced specifically to make amethyst mining harder. My idea is as follows:
    A. Disable breaking Amethyst with Diamond/netherite pickaxes
    B. Add a special magic eff7 iron/gold pickaxe just for amethyst. Magic 1: Fort I, Magic 2: Fort 2, Magic 3: Forg 3, B1: Fort 4, B2: Fort 5, B3: Fort 6.

    Even with M3 B3, the item would output about the same than currently, according to my math (no 15% dd).
    ​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Amethyst currently too OP​
    Other information:
    :)​
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Magic Tools​
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.​
     
  2. pooplunch

    pooplunch Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2012
    Messages:
    846
    Trophy Points:
    45,360
    Ratings:
    +362
    -1 Amethyst is actually not too OP as it takes an immense amount of time, even with boost 3 budding amethyst, to acquire the necessary budding amethyst to build a good sized farm. Even with all relevant boosts, it makes barely more than mining with a bunch of boosted items, and requires a substantial amount of boosted items.

    edit. Also, your suggestion is just to add an additional magic item that produces the same amount of ECD per hour. What is the sense in that.

    edit 2. I now believe this suggestion to be a "joke," as it creates the precedent that we just add new tools every time people figure out a way to make money farming/mining something (eg. Magic Gold Pickaxe). The only current tool of this type is the Melon Sword, which has been with ECC since before my time.
     
    #2 pooplunch, Sep 22, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2026
  3. LordHassel

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2021
    Messages:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    22,940
    Ratings:
    +25
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. xvgwest

    xvgwest President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Messages:
    84
    Trophy Points:
    58,670
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +31
    -1


    What makes amethyst considered "too OP" right now?

    Also, as glao pointed out, your suggestion proposes adding a new magic tool just to end up with the same overall ECD output per hour. If the yields remain roughly equal, what is the actual benefit of overhauling the mining process like this?
     
    #4 xvgwest, Sep 22, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2026
  5. RB368

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2023
    Messages:
    102
    Trophy Points:
    41,760
    Ratings:
    +54
    -1

    I'm down for a money sink, but the farms are too expensive to reduce income per hour again, most people have yet to pay for the cost of the farm / items it takes to grind the farm.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. BenP2217

    BenP2217 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2021
    Messages:
    65
    Trophy Points:
    36,220
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah respectfully when you consider the amount of time and effort that goes into making a farm in the first place that grows fast enough to be able to do it for an hour alone to make a good income it has already been set at a good place now, I think any reduction in it now would not be in the best interest for anyone.

    Alone spending $9m on boosting a budding amethyst 3 times still means you have to search far and wide to find the geodes needed to even make a strip of say 200 long 3-4 block height.

    Or you buy from players and at the moment I have seen the average price per block as $1,500-$2,000, factor that into the costs to get a farm up and running you would need to grind for a very long time to even make your money back, even if you were earning $500k an hour minimum it would take you 100+ hours of farming to make your money back from the initial investment.

    The only possible change I would like to see to it, add a job for Amethyst farming similar to Melon Farmer and Wheat Farmer as that would add being able to grind and get another job to lvl 100 for the prestige as if your going to spend all the time and upfront costs to build and set up a Amethyst farm then you would take the time to grind the Job levels and be rewarded with the Job Points for it.

    Not sure if anyone else would agree to adding a job for Amethyst Farming or not?
     
  7. Pixel75

    Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2018
    Messages:
    903
    Trophy Points:
    53,410
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +510
    -1 The amount of money I have into my amethyst farm outweighs how much I have even made from it. Sure, it has the potential to make decent money depending on the tools/items/prestige/etc that you have. The amount of time and money it takes to build amethyst farms is significantly higher than any other crop farm I have built. Amethyst farming has already been nerfed heavily from where it used to be...
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List