Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Start new players at /warp jobs instead

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NossaFlossa, Mar 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    In Game Name:
    NossaFlossa
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Start new players at /warp jobs instead
    What are you suggesting:
    Start new players at /warp jobs and have them playing the game right away. The tutorial has way too much to read and people joining simply want to get started. I'm assuming most people already know the basic commands like /home /spawn /bal /sethome, before they join. /warp jobs would need a highly condensed tutorial telling them to /rtp, lock chests, and if they want more information then point them towards /tutorial.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Jobs have existed for a little bit now and it's my first time actually going over there and seeing what it's about. This is the exact thing I would love to see upon joining a server for the first time, I think it's great.

The current tutorial is thorough but people just want to play. There's also one major problem with it. Despite signs warning about a resetting mining world, we shouldn't be sending people there via portals because many simply don't read. I've seen a few people in chat asking if the server had reset since last they played because they had made their home in the mining world. /rtp will bring them to main where at least they can /lock and keep a somewhat secure home.
    Other information:
    If this suggestion gets accepted, I also think /fly and /speed should be enabled in the jobs region because it is quite spread out.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +500
    The primary question I see a lot of the times from new joins is where/how to make money, /warp jobs would be the perfect spot to fall into.

3. Fescht

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +361
    +1

Streamlining new players to the source of the main reason this server was created (to make money its an economy server) is the best way to start them out and show them what can be done to make money. This will not only open their minds to the bigger opportunities of how they can make the most ECD for their time spent on the server but also allows them to do basic things like build a small home, apply for ranks, and upgrade their tools which all require ECD.

4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1 , starting new users at /warp jobs would be a lot better than the current starting point. While I think the tutorial is helpful, its an information flood for new players that they just don't need or want right off the bat.

If I were looking to join a server, I would be thrown off by a tutorial with hundreds of signs everywhere I look. I would want basic information and a few basic commands to just get started. I can learn the rest later as I play and want to get to know the server more.

The job area is perfect for new players as it gets them established with a easy goal they can choose to make starting money. Simply put some signs there giving them basic information and commands like /lock, /home, etc, and they are more inclined to play in my opinion. Also since the jobs are so spread out perhaps give them access to fly and speed in that area. This will not only give them a taste of paid features, but it will let them move around easier.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @ClarinetPhoenix is welcome to put more emphasis on /warp jobs via the /tutorial.
    We will not be changing the starting point however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.