[APPLY] Help us with the new City Spawn <3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Username: ZevZero

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: 2+ years.

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: Patching it all up, adding interactive features and maybe a fun parkour for new players? It depends on what the SA’s approve I guess.

Here’s the thing...

I haven’t been around since the old, old spawn, so I feel like most of my work would be freshening up the map. I believe that it would take almost an equal amount of work to make it feel new, yet still keeping the old feel to it (and yes, I’m sure I could repair some grief just by intuition because most of the time it’ll just be a wall or ground destroyed).

For the most part, I’d be able to focus solely on attention to detail and adding small things here and there that liven it up a bit. Possibly small Easter eggs, hidden rooms, and all that fun stuff so new players can have a blast exploring spawn!

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: I’ve been building in Minecraft since the game came out and have worked on countless projets (most on console version). I have made maps that were downloaded thousands of times. I think I won the Christmas build contest too here on ECC!

My favourite part of building would be attention to detail and adding tiny things that make all the difference. I love to make interactive elements in my maps so players with no permissions can still have fun.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: Yes!

Do you agree to communicate with the SA team, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Yes!

2. Fablor9900

Fablor9900 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    Username:
    Fablor9900
    How long have you been on EcoCityCraft:
    I've been on it since about 2015-ish(?) this account is my own, and I used my dad's in the past, so that explains that.
    What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project:
    Make it feel like you're going back to an old place, but with things changed for the better, such as, better builds.
    What major build projects have you worked on in the past:
    Uhm, Carp, I'm not sure if I have as of yet. I can build well, and have worked with other players in the past. There aren't any significant builds I have done.
    Have you read this thread in depth including the rules:
    Yes, I have, and after posting, I'll re-read.
    Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team:
    Yes, I will. I like to work with better builders, to see how someone else does it.

3. PlatinumPurple

PlatinumPurple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,314
    Username: PlatinumPurple

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: Almost 2 1/2 years

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: Introduce a bit of a more modern and new flair to the server hub, assist in rebuilding Andrew's grief, and make myself useful in any way possible!

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: Frosty's HeadMuseum, Ravenscourt, Whitewood, SG maps, /warp debt

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: Yes

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Yes

4. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Username:
    @LaggyTryHard

A little over 1 year

The spawn looks severely outdated (as expected) and heavily under-detailed. I would be able to bring a lot of texturing into the area. But I'm quite a new player so I have no idea what this place looked like before it was blown up so I can also help out with the smaller jobs as well. Whatever I can do to help- I'd be happy to do so.

I've done a bit- this page here can give a visual description of what I can manage.
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/laggys-building-services.172796/

Yes

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team:
    Yup! This would be the first time I've worked on a team for a build so it should be exciting.

#24 LaggyTryHard, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  5. Spanky997

Spanky997 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7
    Username: Spangler17

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: since July 22, 2012 (as hk4000)

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: I’m not a very creative person, so I don’t really have any ideas for it, but I’m a team player when it comes to group projects and I can try to contribute to any ideas other players have :)

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: none

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: Yes

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Yes

6. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Username: @Nick0jenna

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: 6+ish years.

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: I would personally like to see more detail on the inside of buildings, ive never liked walking into a building at spawn only for it to be an empty shell of a building.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: Many shop, helped build a few towns/malls over the years, my town (under construction still), etc..

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: Yes.

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Always.

Side note: Holy crap this map bring back memories and still has the aether rocket ship lol.

#26 Nick0jenna, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    My apologies for the delay, I had to work a lot of hours this weekend.
    @12345shane @BillionDollarNut @Qohonez @DrowningInPizza @Aqua_Luna3 @icbomber38 @Quackk @ZevZero @PlatinumPurple @LaggyTryHard @Nick0jenna @Spangler17 @Fablor9900 @Jackson_G14
    I'm just going to accept all of you, you know the rules of the project and we really could appreciate the help.

Nextly, all of you need to get online at some point via Lobby so I can get you added to the project. I will be around for a few hours today, tomorrow and all day Tuesday.

Also;

For now there's a few things that need to be done for sure, mostly the last repairs and starting on a couple things that are necessary for the new City spawn.

This is right next to/slightly behind the Khobbits statue, this is where the old Aether portal was(which we removed on the first night), we need some sort of area built for an End portal.
    [​IMG]

The flags need repairing, there is a reference to the intact flags at both spawns on the Archive server.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Snowleo and KHobbits statues still need repairing and updated with newer blocks.
    [​IMG]

The nether area still needs repairing as well.
    [​IMG]

If anyone remembers what this area was, it looks like it needs work too.
    [​IMG]
    Also a new addition to this spawn, Andrew wants to make it so that the 8 spawn towns are actually 8 spawn towns, and not 4 spawn towns and 4 corner towns you can't even access unless you walk through the main 4.
    We need some sort of pathway that leads out these corners into what will be a corner spawn town on City.
    [​IMG]

Also to anyone else, feel free to leave input or ideas. I will definitely do my best to post continued updates of the work done.

#27 ClarinetPhoenix, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  8. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Username: ____mathias____

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: Almost 6 years. :)

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: I don't have any specific ideas. I'd love to just do general labour, such as fixing the flags and such. The old spawn was always my favourite, and I'd love to see it be ECC's spawn again!

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: I have restored the horrifically griefed area around my towns at legacy spawn. I also built a freeway through all my towns.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: Of course.

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Yes.

#28 communism1, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  9. Kick_Me_1235

Kick_Me_1235 Retired Mod
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,556
    Username: @Kick_Me_1235

How long have you been on EcoCityCraft: like 5 or 6 years

What ideas do you have for the spawn revival project: Good ones

What major build projects have you worked on in the past: warp debt and warp rumble

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: yes

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: Yes teamwork makes the dream work

10. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    I think this was Andrew's fishing pond?

11. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Yep.
    Also there was an afk fountain near the mansion, I'll put that in.

12. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Username: Mcguy65

Sense 2014
    Refresh the old spawn with the new and improved blocks/items.
    What major build projects have you worked on in the past: completing mcgland2

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules: yes.

Do you agree to communicate with others, specifically through Discord, and work as a team: yes.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    @ClarinetPhoenix will add some more people to the map and give an updated list of what we are looking for as soon as she has a chance :)

14. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $7,000,050
    Ratings:
    +494
    Edit: Retracting my application, I'm too busy now to help

#34 Jacob43365, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  15. ClarinetPhoenix

Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    The flags have been repaired!
    [​IMG]

I've started work on an End area.
    If you peeps who are added feel up to building an End city on the top, that would be great!
    [​IMG]
    I've added an arch in to one corner for the corner spawn towns. I can do this to all of them easily. Let us know what you think of them.
    [​IMG]
    We've done some fabulous work on the statues. Jamie and Andrew holding their requested items as well. Ghast and Pigmen were updated with concrete blocks to replace wool.
    [​IMG]

The nether area has received a bit of a spruce up after repairs were made.
    [​IMG]
    This area needs to be spruced up and made to look nice, the corner needs to be exposed and accessible.
    [​IMG]
    We need some ideas of what to do with the center of the spawn. Let me know via discord or on this thread if you have any ideas!
    [​IMG]

Applicants, I will be around to add/check apps tomorrow. Unless Andrew beats me to it. :p

16. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,450
    Username:
    Matrix_rep
    4 + years
    I can add a little ZINGGGG to the spawn revival. Maybe make it a little more modern with the newer blocks that Minecraft has to offer!
    I built the fresh memes sign at cizfarms, made some quick edits on /warp debt but other than that pretty much nothing.
    Yes
    Yes. I am a great team player.!

17. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 Ex-SMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +615
    I have sent a discord chat link to everyone who was accepted. If you did not receive it and were accepted please get into contact with me and I will send it your way!

18. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,473
    Update from today.
    The End area is finished and looking fan-freaking-tastic! Credit goes to @strongpelt for the End city. Also to @BillionDollarNut, @Nicit6, and @AnimeGirlWithPP for the void effect underneath.
    [​IMG]
    Nether area is looking pretty decent now. Credit to @Jackson_G14 for the nether fortress on the back, and @LaggyTryHard for the void concept and the walk-way concept.
    [​IMG]
    We've also spruced up the mining area and have started adding in trees and other terraforming additions all around. Credit to @Quackk for the lovely trees. Credit to @12345shane for working on incorperating the new stone blocks inside.

[​IMG]
    This is currently a work in progress but we have done some work here as well. Credit goes to @12345shane and @AnimeGirlWithPP for the remodeling of the prize collection building(left). Credit to @AnimeGirlWithPP for changing the wool to bone block for the pvp shop(left center).
    I had to shift the food shop and color shop away from the corner to allow a corner path. Will look into fixing up the paths probably tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

There is also a few other smaller projects going on at this time with a bit of remodeling and such. More updates to come!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #38 ClarinetPhoenix, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  19. vdubmastertech

vdubmastertech Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +150
    Holy shit I had completely forgot I had a hand in building the mining area. That was sooo long ago. Glad to see the old simple spawn is coming back!

20. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,473
    The City Spawn is now done and complete.
    Thanks for all the help from those who contributed.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.