Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Minecraft Username: matrix_rep

Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name?:
    No

Which of ECC's services are you banned on? [Main Server]:

Reason of Ban:
    Repeated spamming through various means

Rule violated:
    Clause 1 - General Chat Rules

All chat is to go into the appropriate channel at all times. Any user who is consistently not using the correct channel, especially in a way that may disturb those attempting to use certain channels, may be removed from the channel and/or punished. For information about channels and chat commands, please visit our Server Commands page.

Clause 1.1 - CAPS and Spam

• Bypassing our CAPS filter and/or typing in all caps is not allowed.
    • Spam is not allowed. Repetitive words, letters, symbols that aren’t used in their correct context, or many messages sent quickly are considered spam.
    Clause 1.3 - Shouts and Lottery
    For Shouts:
    • No advertisement, touchy subject/discussions, special characters not used in their correct context, and languages other than English.
    • Only numbers, letters, basic symbols found on a standard keyboard may be used.
    • Shouts with the intent of causing other users to spam or spam another user in any way, such as requesting others to private message them, are not allowed.
    • Shouts disguised to look like server messages, private messages, balance payments, etc. are not allowed.
    • All types of chat formatting are available for shouts. CAPS, in-game advertisements, colors, and font styles (Italics, bold, underline, strikes) are completely allowed.
    For both Shouts and Lottery:
    • Spamming either shouts or lottery is allowed to an extent. Excessive use of either command which results in chat being hard to read may result in a warning or a kick from the Staff.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:

The rules clearly state spamming is not allowed and people who spam will get banned

Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned:

I feel that i should be unbanned because I have truly been trying to cut down on the spamming, however this last weekend and past few days I have "binge spammed" which resulted in my ban. I dont try to make promises that I know I cannot keep so I won't be appealing on the behalf of "i will never spam again" because chances there may be one or two slip ups in the future. However I will try to refrain myself from this behavior and will do the best I can in not spamming. An example of how I would be able to cut down from this spamming is possibly to simply log off which has been hard for me to do in the past but I am getting better at simply logging off. Again there is no excuse for the excessive amount of warnings that I have recived and I cant ponder why i would not stop spamming until it was too late.

Also I need to learn how to type in full sentences. Ingame all I do is 1-3 words Per line and that needs to stop. I will try to type everything on one line thus reducing the amount of spam that I am creating. One more thing that will conclude my appeal. I would like to apologize too two users specifically @BackToThePast and @emongolab for having to put up with me /deal with me and my spamming. I will truly try not to spam anymore and I am sorry that after all the warnings you both have given me the only way for me to stop was a ban.

Best regards
    -matrix_rep

• List
  2. jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I would simply like to add that while I am in no way criticizing the staff's actions, if I had known @matrix_rep was going to get banned over this issue, I would not have filed the complaint under which he was banned. I think he adds a lot more to the server than he detracts.

I do not have a track record of saying nice things about banned players, or of posting on ban appeals. I would submit that this is a relevant post, due to the fact that I filed the most recent complaint.

• Friendly x 8
    • Winner x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  3. matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    @jmichael214 I am happy that you filed the complaint which got me banned as I truly needed a punishment for my behavior over the past basically 6 months.

• Friendly x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  4. emongolab ¢αℓνιη тнє є¢σмαѕтєя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +460
    Hi Matrix,
    I'm glad to see you've re-appealed,

Seeing as you've shown a good sense of remorse and have a general sense on how you can avoid spamming down the line I will be reducing your ban to a temp. Please know that if issues similar to these occur again, action will be taken. Don't make it an effort to receive another 125 warnings before taking it as time to stop. Anyway, during the extent of your temp please re-read the rules which can be found here. Moreover you could glance at the rules that you specifically broke. Other than that, I'm excited to see you in game soon. Welcome back.

Locked -- User issued 1 hour temp
    Have any questions regarding how I handled this appeal? Feel free to forum message me for discussion.

• Friendly x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.